It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials: the neverending fairy tale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dear forum readers.

I'd like to share the following opinion I have:

I think I know why we, the people of this world (not those in power) will be ridiculed forever regarding extraterrestrial evidence. Just look at ourselves, our family and friends. Our focus is totally somewhere else. The reason for this is the consumer industry in which we indulge and from which we keep buying the nicest houses, bathrooms with wirlpools, high tech kitchens, fancy cars, trendy clothes, matching ipods, flatscreens, DVD recorders, mobile phones, exotic ready meals, extraordinary holidays and more.

My reason for bringing this up has come from todays events in the media regarding that hi-res Mars picture made by the Rover. The picture shows a figure of a person/alien sitting on a rock (in the distance). It was printed in the morning and afternoon papers here in London and in the evening it was on every news television broadcast. But what happens? The news items on this topic were not longer than 20 seconds and ended with a laugh ridiculing the whole item to wrap it up.

This is where we are today: Daily news on the increase of obesity amongst the public, the neverending war in Iraq and Gaza strip, stabbings and shootings in rocketing numbers, out of control celebrities and more. Multiply this with all the newest gadgets and other wannahaves the wide stream media presents us and you can draw your own conclusion: we are in a mental lock down.

Therefore an extraterrestrial presence will remain a neverending fairy tale, controlled by those who are, lets say 'in charge' of the media and consumer markets. Not an exclusive realisation since it has been mentioned before but for all of you a wake up call to reconsider a possible disclosure (that in my opinion will never be realized).

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
For me it's because we are not ready. We are not evolved enough at this point.

I do not mean the higher consciousness sect of our planet, but people in general.

We probably scare the benevolent ones and disgust the malevolent ones.

Our government has been under contract with the latter for decades and are still not willing to forgo their plans of global dominance in this 0 point society.

It is frustrating to say the least, but if we do not blow ourselves up, one day we will become part of a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horusnow
This is where we are today: Daily news on the increase of obesity amongst the public, the neverending war in Iraq and Gaza strip, stabbings and shootings in rocketing numbers...

While news of intelligent life being discovered on another planet would be a welcome, fascinating, and earth-shaking discovery, when compared to other more "earthly" concerns, what does it matter? Is an alien on Mars going to help pay my mortage, or feed my family? If an alien going to stop people from doing drugs, and engaging in all the other related activities? Is it going to stop people from killing each other? Life won't come to a stand-still because of such news, it will continue to move apace. What's more important, what's happening here and now, or what may be millions of miles from here?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Life won't come to a stand-still because of such news, it will continue to move apace. What's more important, what's happening here and now, or what may be millions of miles from here?

I disagree, as Reagan once said and I quote:

RONALD REAGAN: "Perhaps we need some outside universal threat. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we would face an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you: is not an alien force already among us?......"

I'm sure you've seen this one before. Just in case here's the link.

We need to unstrangle ourselves from this gridlock in order to free up space for disclosure. As long as we remain in this current state (which is unlikely to disolve) we will won't be able to focus on other matters. This not only includes the E.T.'s but also worldwide famine, the ungoing whaling, polution, etc.

Originally posted by antar
It is frustrating to say the least, but if we do not blow ourselves up, one day we will become part of a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE.

Do you mean something like a New World Oder or an interstellar society?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"Therefore an extraterrestrial presence will remain a neverending fairy tale"

I think this will remain the case for quite sometime. Not because of anything Man or his deeds deliver to us but, because it is in essence a "fairytale" as you have put it. There is still no proof of an inteligent life form on mars or anywhere close to us at this time - certainly not that pic of rocks for sure.

Vance

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the media are filled with scary ignorant people, thats why theyre constantly asking questions because they have no common sense

i remember when the pentagon gave its roswell case closed briefing, the air force speaker said out of his mouth that the crash test dummies were put in body bags and then placed in ambulances, say what? why would u do something like that? and all the media people sat there and laughed

vice president cheney was asked if he had been briefed about ufos and he said if he had been it would be classified, say what? once again ignored by the media

neil armstrong said there were huge alien space craft on the moon and they warned them off the moon, yet no media has made this story mainstream

up to 80 members of the u.s. military witnessed an alien space craft land in a rendlesham field and 3 aliens got out and communicated with the base commanders and yet once again this story is ignored by the mainstream media therefore most everyday people dont even know about this amazing event

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, my sorry a** local news did a small segment on the Texas UFO event the other night. When the ditz concluded her segment, she looked into the camera with a smart-a** sneer and goes,"Beam me up Scotty!"...Obviously pleased with herself.

It makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
There is still no proof of an inteligent life form on mars or anywhere close to us at this time - certainly not that pic of rocks for sure.
Vance

How would you know there's no evidence? Because they haven't made it public to us? Thats a naive way of thinking in my opinion. JFK was killed but no real evidence was presented relating his killer either. Sensitive topics like these are simply kept under the rugs.

The presenters in the media are not in control, they are merely a face and voice of those behind the screen. A logical and effective way of those who want to stay out of publicity.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Horusnow

I agree, but working for one branch of the media, and knowing people that work in the news, the sad fact is it is not about some mysterious force "in charge" of feeding us crap. The ratings dicate what people want and unfortunatly sensationalistic news stations like faux news get high ratings by degrading and humilating anyone that isn't in line with ultra conservative Ideology. And TMZ gets alot of ratings.

So it's the views that determine want is on the news. Sad really.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torlough
reply to post by Horusnow

The ratings dicate what people want and unfortunatly sensationalistic news stations like faux news get high ratings by degrading and humilating anyone that isn't in line with ultra conservative Ideology. And TMZ gets alot of ratings.

I totally agree with you. I work as a promotions producer in TV for 6 years now and see it all around me. Although what you're telling is true it all comes down to HOW you actually present the news. Praising a certain issue/topic and treating it seriously makes a whole lot of a difference.

A good example is Oprah's influence. As soon as she likes a particular book suddenly 70% of all American housewives run to the bookstore to purchase it. Imagine her picking up this topic (UFOs) on a weekly basis. What do you think will happen? Do you think people will still keep ridiculing it?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

But what happens? The news items on this topic were not longer than 20 seconds and ended with a laugh ridiculing the whole item to wrap it up.

So... It didn't stop me before.
I have to do what I have to do.

and you can draw your own conclusion: we are in a mental lock down.

Don't think such a thing. ATS has just achieved 1 million unique visitors. Just give your best.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Don't think such a thing. ATS has just achieved 1 million unique visitors. Just give your best.

Oh, don't worry on that. I give my all!

Seriously, even though ATS is widely popular in the underground scene, it still won't change the mainstream audience. ATS is not in control. In the meantime, lets bring it up to a shiny 2 mil.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by trewth

By far my favorite post of this day. Those questions are valid. Why didn't even one reporter, ask the questions that should have been asked, that most everyone here on ATS would have at least, wanted to ask.

Do I believe the media is told what to report? Yes. I do believe a lot of media type people have seen ufo's like most here have, but they are afraid to say anything because of the ridicule they would recieve, just like pilots would get if they report ufo's.

When I've told those close to me what I've seen, they don't laugh, not all at least, but I think they think I'm nuts, heck my wife said I'm nuts when I described the huge "glowing red ball" ufo not a mile from our home.

If I knew how to give you a star and flag, I would. so instead.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So, you everyone here want to this earth to be better place for everyone and you have thought at it must be changed. Here in this thread too was someone's who was in "waiting stance", i don't say names. So, those who was "waiting stance", those who waiting at this thing get done when you wait it to get done. Do you think its get done if you wait at its get done. Its easy to say at it will get done someday, but it don't get done if you are not part of help for to change earth. Mostly changing earth to better place needs much work of cooperating with others.

You most of you ATS people maybe think today at im crazy nut person who trying to be something bigger or something that way. My purpose is at everyone get freedom, my purpose is not growing ego. To get freedom to everyone here we must remember at we work with it hard and get it done and not waiting at someone other does it for us ready. Don't wait, it make's this thing only waiting.

Someone's call this freedom peace and other one some other name. So, most of people have noticed at something is wrong here, someone of you don't have noticed or have noticed but don't accept truth as truth and you want lie about truth because you don't accept truth as truth so you want make lies from that truth at truth becomes lie even if you have proof from it at its truly real thing and not fake.

You all must remember here ATS at i can't change earth alone to better place for everyone, so i need help to change it, that's why i asking help from here what i thinked at i could get much help to get "Diplomacy with E.T people" faster become done. Everyone just chit chat here about this and do nothing for get things more better way. ATS is great place to plan to get this thing done, but look, i have planned almost alone here ATS how to get this thing faster done and other's have ignored me because of my personality maybe what i am. I maybe look here ATS stranger, but you will know at i have "Good in my heart" so i allways thinking what is right for everyone. So i have doed much recearch of different things at i could know what is problem here.

Problem is today most in our population are easilly misleaded, misinformated, they are fools and weaklings and much more, they believe more than try looking ansrews and find that way to right ansrew.

If you want help to get this "Diplomacy with E.T people" come faster done, please help, this thing needs much of people help so we should together in here ATS work seriously with this thing so long at we get this thing done. Don't think now me when you thinking at do you help or not, think everyone, think what kind big thing you all can help if we together stand with this thing to get all of us at last peace, freedom or what you want call it. Think how many beings and souls suffering because of our people who are following others like sheeps. Please, help with us in this thing to get this done.

Again, don't think me when you thinking do you want to be part of helping in this thing, think thing at tomorrow could be better if we do something to get this thing done.

Let's work together to get happiness and peace finally to our earth. Bye for everyone.

Get this thing done, be part of this helping.

Do you people want suffer or want be free?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've always had a gut feeling, that the media, particularly some of the folks who have been at that game for decades, know a heck of a lot more than they report about the whole UFO phenomena.

The question, is why would an industry, who's very credo is to report the news with clarity, would treat a topic like this as so trivial?

I think like many former NASA personel, and former astronauts, there is great reluctance to talk out loud about this subject, especially when it pertains to cover-ups. maybe they are acting out of self-restraint, or maybe out of concern for their well being?

Perhaps warnings have been subtly dispensed among the news media about this, from either the government, or in-betweens. That being to keep the lid on this stuff, and if you choose to feature reports about it, they had better be tongue and cheek...at least until we say otherwise.

Some may think this as paranoia, but I suspect a lot of folks keep their silence out of fear...and I don't mean a fear of ridicule.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenteye

Gosh, you're English is bad. Sorry for saying this. I found it almost impossible to read it. Anyway, it was a positive post so

What I did understand was that you want us all to be positive facing tomorrow and the future. I can tell you I am one of those people. I keep a positive outlook at all times mostly. But with life comes rationing and contemplating matters so we can move forward. I just don't see this happening regarding the disclosure of extraterrestial life. At least not if the main stream media is concerned.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What I did understand was that you want us all to be positive facing tomorrow and the future. I can tell you I am one of those people. I keep a positive outlook at all times mostly. But with life comes rationing and contemplating matters so we can move forward. I just don't see this happening regarding the disclosure of extraterrestial life. At least not if the main stream media is concerned.

I don't know what you mean that "positive facing tomorrow and the future", so can you explain little of it.

If you want "Worldwide diplomacy with E.T people" be talked in media almost everyday, we should work then together to get this thing more bigger than it has been now. We have been just sitting on our chairs and waiting at things going forward. Plans we need now, do you have any great plans? We need more people in and not out, to get this thing bigger. We can see this thing impossible to done, but if we make great plans, we can make this thing looking possible to done.

We can't give up, this is important thing, so let's get this thing done!

Bye.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Silenteye]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I just meant that I understand you want us to be positive in getting the whole UFO issue more popular and I am with you

I know a lot of people are already busy in getting the issue on the frontlines. Unfortunately I have almost no time left in my own life to add anything more than some others already do. So lets hope it just gets more exposure over the years. ATS is a good vessel to get it out more and more.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Capt. Spanky

yeah i believe its pure paranoia, the threats dont work anymore, the reason why the media doesnt report thoroughly enough about this reality is its hard for them to believe it, its hard for them to accept it and its just plain over there heads, their ability to understand this reality is non existant, plain and simple

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
reply to post by Capt. Spanky

..... its hard for them to accept it and its just plain over there heads, their ability to understand this reality is non existant, plain and simple

Do you mean them lacking common sense?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join