It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles to appear as a Hologram

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Prince Charles to appear as a Hologram

current.com

In an effort to cut down on carbon emissions, Prince Charles is to appear at an energy conference in Abu Dahbi as a hologram!

The hologram technology is nothing new. It's been here for a long long time.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
The hologram technology is nothing new. It's been here for a long long time.

You are right, holograms have existed for a very long time now.

But holograms are those thin pieces of film, that contain three dimensional information about an object. When you look at them from different angles, you see the object from different angles.

Holograms are NOT mid air three dimensional volumetric projections in mid air.

As another poster already mentioned, this Prince Charles "hologram" isn't a hologram at all. And neither is it a mid air 3D projection.

It's just a version of an age old trick called "Pepper's Ghost"

It's a normal 2D projection, but instead of projecting it on a movie screen, they project it on a 45° angled transparent foil.

This makes the projection appear to be standing on the stage, but it's just an illusion.. Also, the background has to be dark, or the projection becomes transparent.

Many people think holograms are three dimensional projections in mid air, created with lasers.
Holograms are created with lasers, yes, but when i say holograms i mean the correct meaning of the word - those thin pieces of plastic which contain 3D images.

Holograms being 3D mid air projections is a misconception, coming from science fiction.
There are many companies who say they offer 3D holograms, but in fact only offer a 2D projection either with the Pepper's Ghost trick or on a fine mist coming out of a machine.

We have discussed and analyzed the possibility of these mid air "holograms" in the thread Is holography currently available for use and misuse?.

At first we thought the only problem would be, that they would be transparent in daylight. Later, towards the end of the thread, we discovered, that unfortunatelly real mid air three dimensional volumetric projections don't even exist yet.

Quite dissapointing really.. I would love for it to be possible.

If someone knows about any succesfull mid air 3D projection experiment, i would love to hear about it.

I posted this question at the end of that thread. If anyone has any information about real mid air 3D "holograms", please reply to Do mid air "holograms" even exist?.

Thanks!

[edit on 30/1/08 by deezee]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting thread, ia!

Sorry I missed it the first time around...

Originally posted by khunmoon
I don't believe it takes 15 tons of carbon or jet fuel to bring him to go to Dubai and back --not even if he ride 1st class-- and taking into acount he might be slightly obese.

BS

Apparently, if you consider the amount of energy required to haul his entire entourage, 15 tons is rather a low figure:

The Prince, who drew heavy criticism for jetting off to New York with a 20-strong entourage to collect an environmental award from Al Gore last year, filmed his speech on the challenges of climate change at Clarence House. The life-size projection used around the same energy as a lightbulb, in contrast to the 20 tons of carbon waste it would have cost to fly a royal entourage to the United Arab Emirates.
Surce | The First Post | People | Prince Charles saves energy for speech

The fact that his "appearance" was actually a 2D simulation, not a true holographic projection, would actually be quite fitting if one considers that he's really just a hollow two-dimensional public figure anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
The fact that his "appearance" was actually a 2D simulation, not a true holographic projection, would actually be quite fitting if one considers that he's really just a hollow two-dimensional public figure anyway.

Good one..

Anyway, it is possible, to show things in real 3D, but it requires stereoscopy - special glasses, that allow each eye to only see the image meant for it.. The brain then combines the two slightly different pictures, to form a 3D one.

I used to write software for it, and it's quite fun to play with it. You can actually see an object float in front of the monitor, or even interact with it, with special positioning hardware..

To be honest, i'm quite obsessed with 3D graphics, and stereoscopic visualisation systems, so i'm quite sad about the fact, that mid air 3D projections only exist in science fiction...

There are certain displays, that don't require stereoscopy and can show a small image, but i wouldn't want to get close to them.. One is a fast spinning mirror, and the other is turning air into glowing balls of plasma, with powerfull IR (invisible) lasers.

Unfortunatelly, none of these two examples can present realistic looking things, and both are very limited.

I really do hope, that some day we discover a way of presenting 3D objects in mid air.. I hope i'm still alive to see it..

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
I don't believe it takes 15 tons of carbon or jet fuel to bring him to go to Dubai and back --not even if he ride 1st class-- and taking into acount he might be slightly obese.

BS

Maybe they mean him and his whole crew of butt lickers and cars and all the rest it takes, not just him on his own on a plane is it. No doubt they exagerate but who really cares about that, point is the hologram technology. And you can bet your life this version is ancient already and they have much more advanced stuff to let off later.

Think about some of these ufo reports too.. phoenix lights? how do we know its not a hologram?
and the battle of 1942

Sorry to drift of topic il find theyre threads and comment.

Peace

edit to add ATS link to FOGSCREENS... you all seen these? thats just the start.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 22-2-2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Two words...

Hello "Looker"

Is two words allowed by the T&C?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Prince Charles is certainly not the first, Ratan Tata of Tata Motors was beamed in a Hologram prior to the launch of the world's cheapest car, the Nano

India is getting a new car. Last week, on January 10, Tata Motors' Nano was launched at the New Delhi Auto Expo. The difference between the elaborate launch and the car itself could not have been greater. The launch was sci-fi, ultra sleek and modern, with the chairman Ratan Tata taking a leaf out of Star Wars and beaming himself, Princess Leah-like, in a three-dimensional hologram. The 624cc car, designed for a family of four, is modest and budget priced--a mere $2500, lacking air-conditioning and power steering. And so India again shows how it is the master of extremes, a circus of disparities.

tata hologram

top topics

<< 1   >>

join