It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Nessie Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I believe that Loch Ness could very well be able to harbor a creature or even a small population of them in it's waters.

We all know about the underwater caves, but could there be a cave that leads to the ocean? There are detectabe amounts of salt water in the Loch, and most of the lakes's floor has yet to be mapped in depth. Let's remember that Loch Ness is big enough to fill world's entire population in there with room to spare. If the creature can navigate through the caves without being disturbed, it is quite possible that no one will ever find it.

The other theory: There are caves that lead to a smaller underground lake. No one has mapped Loch Ness' cave system, so there is a possibility the creature could swim through the caves to a smaller underground body of water and live there unnoticed. It would only have to come out in order to hunt.

It seems that my theories bank mostly on the premise that there are an extensive underground cave network, so until they map them, I don't think the Loch Ness Monster speculation will ever be quelled.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I concur.

Your post is really more like a statement, not a discussion, But its still fun to hear old info regurgitated over and over again.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sorry, I was hoping people would discuss the possiblilty of underwater cave lakes and pathways to the ocean. Also, I hoped for this thread to be a more of a lets-all-share-your-own-theory thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaysrule5

Oh, well there is definitely underground caverns. and it would be extremely easy for a large creature to live down there.

I think no one is going to know until they probe more thoroughly.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaysrule5
We all know about the underwater caves,

do we - please cite thier existance - because i have

but could there be a cave that leads to the ocean?

no here could not - the loch surface is 18m above sea level , unless you have a magic pressure lock - the loch would drain through the tunnel

this is basic physics - and it has been answered repeatedly

It seems that my theories bank mostly on the premise that there are an extensive underground cave network, so until they map them, I don't think the Loch Ness Monster speculation will ever be quelled.

then your premise is founded on ignorant , unevidence conjecture

there are no caves - the sonar scans show no cave mouths under water , the geology of the great glen perecudes significan cave systems

but people still repeat the caves / tunnels garbage as ` fact `

[edit on 7-2-2008 by ignorant_ape]

new topics

top topics

join