It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connection RFID Plans & Digital Transition of TV? - Need Info from Techies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I need the expertise and opinions of my fellow theorists. Would RFIDs in everyone's ID card require more space on the airwaves to work?

February 17, 2009 The switch from analog to digital broadcast television is referred to as the digital TV (DTV) transition.

An important benefit of the switch to all-digital broadcasting is that it will free up parts of the valuable broadcast spectrum for public safety communications (such as police, fire departments, and rescue squads). Also, some of the spectrum will be auctioned to companies that will be able to provide consumers with more advanced wireless services (such as wireless broadband).

The Real ID Act was supposed to require a national ID card by May 2008, as many of us have discussed on this forum many times there are some issues holding it back from being universally implemented, and the act itself does not require RFID chips to be used in the first set of cards.

Wiki on RFID

BUT, many say that RFID chips are the next step. First the chips will go in the cards, and then maybe if some have their way, the chips will be implanted, at least that is the rumor. My question is; Is there a connection between this move to free up airwaves and a long-term plan to put RFIDs to work in personal identification on a large scale?

Here is a clip from the Zeitgeist movie about RFID chips and National ID.

I don't know much about the technology of RFID.

new topics

join