It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shark who kept hanging on (to a leg)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
*shivers*

A snorkeller attacked by a shark off Australia's east coast swam to shore with the predator gripping his leg and then drove to a lifesavers' club to have it removed.

Now this really has to be like a nightmare.
i cant imagin driving with a shark attached to my leg!!!!

suppose being 2 foot long he was kinda lucky....imagine
anything bigger!!

www.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
lol wow he has bad luck

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I say it was good luck. He could be dead right now. I'm not saying it's the best of good luck, but it could be worse.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
damn I wish people would read more into stories before posting....

It was a damn wobbegong for christ sake....

HARMLESS..hellooooo there are much deadlier things in australia than that...The guy even drove himself to the hospital.

haven't you guys ever seen the show DON'T GO THERE...australia and it's deadliest creatures.

Chris

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

damn I wish people would read more into stories before posting....

You would probably think differently if you had that thing attached to your leg I think.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm more a sadist... me and the shark would've had a contest to see how long he could hold on to me leg, while I burn him with my lighter and poke him in the eye and try to dig his brain out with a spoon through the said eye.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You would probably think differently if you had that thing attached to your leg I think.

fish in a fishtank are bigger than that....

your cat (if you had one) would have a worse bite than that poor little shark.

Chris

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
wobbegong?? I love saying that!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
wobbegong?? I love saying that!

LOL!! *wipes away tears of laughter* As I was reading this, I was saying the word aloud to myself! LOL!!
It is a fun word, isn't it?!?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
nice of you all to make fun of our indigenous language....

I wouldn't come to australia you're bound to get a didgereedoo or woomera up your ass..

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Fun-making? You totally misunderstand, we are delighting in the language, not making fun of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good move though. The real danger would have been in panic not so much the shark.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Here is the picture of the shark attached to the guys leg

images.ibsys.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sweet. Thanks for the pic. But that little shark is a punk! I would have smacked a rock over his head when I got on the beach.That little Biatch would not have been latched on so long!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The little guy just wanted a nibble. He wouldnt eat very much. LMAO...

who

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ive been bit by dogs and cats, hurts like hell. Most of the time you just punch them in the head or grab their mouth and squeeze the sides, they let go sooner or later. The only thing I cant figure out is why this guy drove to have it removed. Why wouldnt he just kill the thing and remove it himself? I dont mean to sound as though I am trying to sound macho, but wouldnt killing it and removing it hurt a great deal less than leaving it attached while driving to have it removed?

P.S. Lysergic, nice avatar.....

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by who]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by who
Why wouldnt he just kill the thing and remove it himself? I dont mean to sound as though I am trying to sound macho, but wouldnt killing it and removing it hurt a great deal less than leaving it attached while driving to have it removed?

Probably because he respects the life of other creatures. The man invaded the territory of the shark and the shark attacked. Can't blame it. It's sad that they didn't do more to save the shark's life. The man's life was obviously not in any danger.

And yeah... Wobbegong is a great word, haha. Wobbegong...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you want to see what this looks like, just look at last weeks Survivor. Richard Hatch had a similar shark attached to his arm. He got it off though. He says he bit it back. I don't think he did that, but he got it off, and then they ate it. Man, I thought Australians were supposed to be tough.

This naked gay guy had no trouble getting it off.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Man, I thought Australians were supposed to be tough.

We are.... this guy was a kiwi...holidaying from overseas.

Chris

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think a lighted cigarette to the head would make the little bugger let go.

new topics

top topics

join