It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

muhammad ali

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
and no i'm not gonna be discussing his boxing career.

what i'm gonna be discussing is his character, the time period in which he boxed, and race. it's always amazed me how this guy never got killed.after all he boxed in the 60's and 70's where there was A LOT of hate for black folks. i mean he embodied EVERY stereotype that racist white folks put black ppl in. ie..loud..boisterous..cocky..etc (i myself am these things at times but i love to be like that to piss ppl off on purpose, which imo was the same boat ali was in) he even went into a whites only restaurant and was told "hey we don't serve n-words here" then he uttered the classic "that's ok..i dont' eat em"

imo, the reason why he never got killed is because whites that are racist LOVE it when blacks remain in a sports playing position. when blacks try and succeed in other areas (mainly politics but other areas as well) that's when racist white folks say OH NO, THERE WILL BE NONE OF THAT!

the above is my opinion as to why he never got killed. if you guys have different ones feel free to post them.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know why he never got killed.
All I know is that he was a fantastic boxer, (possibly THE greatest!) and despite his apparent arrogance his integrity has remained intact even after all these years.

His personna transcends race and religion and he is a hero to millions throughout the world.

Why, I honestly don't kow, he just has that aura of specialness about him.
Truly, a living legend.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

i did my assignment on Him (write a Essay on someone you admire
Sports,actor and so on)

hes a legend and someone that has kept his headup no matter what was thrown at him, a real Fighter and role model

new topics

join