It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Little Pigs 'Too Offensive'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Three Little Pigs 'Too Offensive'

news.bbc.co.uk

A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

The digital book, re-telling the classic fairy tale, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This whole "politically correct" thing is just getting waaay to out of hand these days!

(The WORD, "politically correct" should be thrown out of all dictionaries and should never be used again, in my opinion.)

How long ago was this story written?
Wikipedia states that it is thought to be the 18th century, but could be older. So, this story has been around for a long time now, hundreds of years, and only NOW it is "offending" people?

PLEASE!

Wikipedia also stated that "In March 2007, the story was modified in some British schools to "three little puppies
" to avoid offending Muslim families".

This is crazy, it,s just a story, it has been around for hundreds of years, it wasn't written with the intention to "offend" anybody.

If you ask me, if anybody complains and says that they are offended by "The Three Little Pigs" is just somebody who is looking for something to offend them and is just looking for attention, trying to stir up trouble, and trying to "control" things in the only way they can.

And hey, if it offends you, don't read it.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh that's nothing compared to my local bakers having to remove hot cross buns from there window because a passing muslim was offend by the cross. No word of a lie.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I do not understand how fictitious characters, such as these cute little piggies in a fairy tale, could easily offend Muslims. The likeness of pigs to bacon is completely opposite and quite frankly insane at best.

For example, little children surely wouldn't think that they were having three little pigs for breakfast nor should a story about animals with housing problems be banned as reading material from the public.

To me, this government intervention is a form of book burning only without the fire.

[edit on 2008-1-24 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Muslims are the most ill-tolerant of all the religions.

Everything offends them. I am so sick of their constant whining.

Suck it up...get a life and mind your own business.

If a muslim complains to me about how I am somehow offending them then they will get dental-reconstruction at no cost.

cry whine and complain is all they do.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
hahahaha this is one of the funnist things ive read yet, three little pics ?....funny. What a loud of poop, this PC rubbish is getting rediculas.

Fox

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Man... Its not the most devastating thing to ever happen, but this just goes to show what our world is coming to. Whats happening with the people these days? All I can say (and Ill try and say it nicely) is get your head out of your ass and start caring about someone other than yourself. Jeeze, also, religion is tearing this entire world apart.

new topics

top topics

join