It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad to make landmark visit to Iraq: ministry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad to make landmark visit to Iraq: ministry

www.reuters.com

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accepted an invitation to visit Baghdad, Iraq's Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday, a landmark trip that would make him the first leader of Iran to visit its former foe.
An aide to Ahmadinejad, who asked not to be identified, said: "We have heard about it but no date has been scheduled."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think this is great news for the Iraqi people. There's probably an alliance going on behind the scenes here that we are not hearing about from the mainstream media, as usual.

Both Talabani and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki have visited Shi'ite Iran, which some Middle East analysts say exerts greater influence in Iraq than the United States.

The Iraqi President invited Ahmadinejad to Iraq. Why would he do this if Iran is supposedly is supplying 'insurgents' and 'terrorists?'

Ahmadinejad has accepted the invitation at a time of heightened tension between Iran and the United States, which said its warships were threatened by Iranian craft in the Strait of Hormuz earlier this month.

The two countries are also at odds over Tehran's nuclear program and what Washington calls Iran's "negative influence" in Iraq through its arming and training of Shi'ite militias. Iran denies this and says it is committed to peace in Iraq.

Iran is actually making an attempt at peace, and guess what, they're not sending in their Military (unlike some countries we know).

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Sooner or later people will realize Iraqi 'terrorists' are western operatives stirring it up and providing a need for our ongoing military presence.

Does anyone remember the British Army guys dressed in Islamic robes, driveby shooting at everyone?

Iran does not benefit from this. Shi'ite Iran has ALREADY benefitted from the Sunni exodus from Iraq and removal of the Ba'ath party.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yes I think I brought that article to your attention.

The most intriguing part about that incident involves the Iraqi police.

Two British SAS (For those of you who aren't familiar, they're like our Delta Force) officers were dressed in Arab clothing and found in a vehicle with EXPLOSIVES.

I believe they crashed the car and the policemen took them to jail.

Later on that evening, the Brits broke these men out of jail...No trace of their existence aside from the smashed wall.

How about the CIA's influence in Iraq? Has this ever been questioned?

top topics

join