It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using "green" initiatives as an excuse to RFID in schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Using "green" initiatives as an excuse to RFID in schools

www.newhavenindependent.org

The proposals call for: Generating money-saving electric power and heat from a plant the size of a V-8 engine, at seven schools including John Martinez pictured); bringing streaming video on demand and tailored to each teacher’s needs into every classroom; and, third, to cut down on theft and increase inventory control, eventually protecting all 7,000 computers and printers in the system with a radio-frequency, EZ-pass type tag, so they can never leave a building or even move within without school staff being alerted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think it's worth mentioning that two of the schools targeted for this "green" initiative have been classified as "drop-out" factories.

So, not only is the tag "green" being used to ignore the problem of the schools failing miserably but it is also being used to sneak thorough RFID tagging and screens of streaming video (all that comes to mind is a big head repeating loyalty chants to the students).

Any other towns/cities out there using "green" as an excuse to ignore failing government education or to sneak through big brother type policies? Besides the fed of course.

www.newhavenindependent.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think you are assuming quite a bit here.

RFID is going on equipment and equipment only. Hospitals use it all the time for asset tracking and management. Nothing new. They are not tagging the students.

In terms of the monitors - it is important for students to get information right? This is ON DEMAND - so if the teacher wants it they can use it. I don't see how this is connected to the green movement.

You imply with you argument that the "green movement" is being used as a veil for the government to spy on you or to spread propaganda. I think this is stretching it. In fact, aside from the V8 sized generator - this article has NOTHING to do with the green movement.

Come on - Millions of tons of CO2 in the atmosphere = bad.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I agree, this is neither a green issue or privacy issue. RFID is being used to track school inventory, which is a sane use of the technology. The possibility of using RFID to track students and thereby cut back on the number of children skipping class doesn't sound too bad, either!

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

new topics

top topics

join