It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: False statements preceded war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
WASHINGTON - A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

Well, not anything we didn't already know, unless you watch Fox Noise. I know Republicans, its ok cause Bush did it. if a liberal or conservative or independent had done it there'd be hell to pay but a Republican can do anything they want.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HHH Is King

Linky?

Interesting story, and I'd love to see those reports, as I was just having a discussion about this the other day with a very formidable "foe" (that was a compliment
). Some hard data would be very helpful indeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaeda," according to Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith of the Fund for Independence in Journalism staff members, writing an overview of the study.

"In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003."

SOURCE

[edit on 23-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
CNN, MSNBC, Online... All report this. Only one not to report this? You guessed it, Fox Noise.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
935 false statements is A LOT of bull #, isn't it? I mean of course leaders are bound to have some faulty info from time to tome and hind sight is 20/20, but 935?

Wow, all I can say is if Bush co is in fact innocent and were only relating what they were told to be the truth then there are WAY too many people who can't do their job employed in the intelligence community today. A reality I doubt.

It seems like a pretty solid case for the dishonestly of Bushco in general. Still I am sure that the 20 something % that still back the man can see past this, I mean they are only lies after all.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And this is only from the Bush Admin. None of those 935 are from Republican Senators, Judges, Reps, or Fox Noise. I guess they don't have a number big enough to combine all of those.

Of course, Bill CLinton lied once, about a BJ, so its ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King

Of course, Bill CLinton lied once, about a BJ, so its ok.

It really is amazing, isn't it? Amazing, that Clinton got roasted for his lie about his BJ, yet people still are backing Bush after all the incredible damage, pain, and suffering his lies have cause here in the US and abroad.

new topics

top topics

join