NEWS: Soldier Accused of Trying to Aid al-Qaida

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A national guardsman from Fort Lewis has been arrested on thursday, and accused of trying to provide information to the Al-Qaida terrorist network. The soldiers National Guard's 81st Armor Brigade was set to leave for a year deployment in Iraq.

Yahoo News

Army Lt. Col. Stephen Barger said Spc. Ryan G. Anderson was being held at Fort Lewis "pending criminal charges of aiding the enemy by wrongfully attempting to communicate and give intelligence to the al-Qaida terrorist network." Anderson, 26, will remain at the base near Tacoma.

Anderson converted to Islam five years ago, and studied military history with an emphasis on the Middle East while attending Washington State University, the Everett Herald reported last week.

Related News Links
John Walker Lindh
Taliban's Lindh A Symptom Of U.S. Epidemic
Related ATS Discussions
Why Islam is not a religion of peace.
Uh Oh! America Harboring terrorists??!

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Man a friend of mine got in some trouble when he was getting his top secret clearence. He put down one someone he knew from work for the background check interviews. Well this guy was f'n moron who didn't take the man in a suit driving up in the black caddy, flashing his FBI badge, seriously. So on ALL THE QUESTIONS, like "have you seen him with any diplomats?...did he take any money from them?...has he been out of the country?....etc,etc"

My friend could kill that dumbass. Atleast my family knew my friend and the FBI agent took their testimonies as well as mine, so he didn't take the one jerk's crap seriously.

new topics

join