It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suburb adopts new anti-immigrant law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Suburb adopts new anti-immigrant law

www.rawstory.com

Leaders of a Dallas suburb that was blocked from enforcing a ban on leasing apartments to illegal immigrants approved a new rule Tuesday to require prospective tenants to get a city license to rent homes and apartments.

The measure, approved unanimously by the City Council, requires tenants to provide information to the city, which would then check with the federal government to determine the person's immigration status.

Anyone deemed an illegal immigrant would be banned from renting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.alternet.org

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is a very touchy subject for many. Over all I feel the American populace are tired, and growing angry, that so little is being done to stop the swell of people coming to the nation by illegal means. This law with out a doubt will be fought tooth and nail. At this point I don't know what might be happening.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I for one am all for things like this.

Until the government can step in with a plan to stop these illegals from coming into this country, private citizens can do things like this to make a stand.

I wish more towns and cities would come up with things like this. We need to send a message to these people that we as a country are tired of allowing this to happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
or maybe we could actually address the root causes of illegal immigration and tackle the issue instead of just taking measures against it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
or maybe we could actually address the root causes of illegal immigration and tackle the issue instead of just taking measures against it.

Well that was actually the first point I made. I said I approved of things like this "until" the government could get something going to address the root of the problem.

Either way though, each of us has a right to defend our country the way we see fit, and that includes taking a personal stand against illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think the result of these measures would be more people living out of their cars, under bridges, etc--an increase in the homeless population. I don't think refusing to rent to people will keep them from coming here, they're too motivated. At best it may reduce the number of illegal immigrants in that particular Dallas suburb. The U.S. and Mexico need to work together toward more lasting solutions to the problem.

top topics

join