It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet theme park features belt whippings, KGB interrogations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Soviet theme park features belt whippings, KGB interrogations

rawstory.com

After an amiable introduction, visitors are quickly transported back 25 years. They are ordered to stop smiling or thinking and are chased through an elaborate labyrinth of corridors. Any misstep can result in a violent encounter with angry KGB agents. All of the activity lasts two hours, costs more than 35 Euros, and takes place inside a bunker located in the woods.

For younger visitors, the park can serve as an interesting history lesson. "It was scary indeed the way they treated people,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I was not to sure what to make of this at first. After reading the article, to me it seems to be something similar to a muesem. To learn about the history of the country. And I think that is a good thing.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that I think Gerda Lerner quote on history says it pretty well

What we do about history matters. The often repeated saying that those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them has a lot of truth in it. But what are 'the lessons of history'? The very attempt at definition furnishes ground for new conflicts. History is not a recipe book; past events are never replicated in the present in quite the same way. Historical events are infinitely variable and their interpretations are a constantly shifting process. There are no certainties to be found in the past.

join