It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flashing "star" in southern sky

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
We are on holiday in the Golden Gate South Africa. While looking at the sky we noticed a flashing star. I looked at it using the binocular. The "star" was emitting a flash of light every 20 to 30 seconds. The position in the sky did not change much but it seems to move away from the Earth as the strobe got fainter. About 30 minutes later I could not see it any more. Date observed 17/03/2009 20:00 - 20:30 gmt+2.

Yes.... this is what im talking about - thanks dude. - interesting... South Africa- same as where i saw it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogossoz
hi there,
i have been trying to contact you on the hawaii thread site, quite hard to get a registration there.
my name is ash im a 25 year old male, i live in the south eastern most point of australia on the coast. i was outside having a cigarette earlier and i saw exactly what you described, at about 1.57am local time. being quite into astronomy and a very keen stargazer i have never seen this before. i have been searching online for the past hour trying to find something remotely close but nothing was the same until i found your post. your words are EXACTLY what i saw, i could not of explained it better. and i thought it very weird. i actually got a little nervous cos i have never seen it before.

at first i thought it was stationary but moving very slowly, i counted about 10 seconds between flashes some very bright, some dim. sometimes the flashes looked to be in a slight different place as if it wasnt moving on one particular path. it caught my eye just above orion, exact place and moved only slightly left in the short time before it dissapeared, bout 7 minutes i saw it for. it to me was definitely not a satellite, , satellites are gone within minutes, it is weird. few ppl have seen it, and those that have, saw it in the same place.

i am now very keen to know what it was .. i saw you had contacted nasa, any reply? hope to hear from you soon, this has very much sparked up my interest in astronomy and the unknown.
cheers
ash

You've seen EXACTLY what I saw - my entire family was standing there with theor jaws on the floor... considering it actually did move... but you dont see it move, it just flashes in a different location - then it moves back.. how it does that or what it is is a mystery indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

Hi, Mortalengine,
I know that this post is old, but I just found it. I was looking for an explanation for this "so-called" flashing star as well. My web search had no definite answers. I stumbled upon this awesome site. I'm not satisfied with the speculative explanations that I've read.
I've known about this object for at least 15 years. I'm still intrigued by it. Last night/ this morning (08-10-2009), around 3 a.m. in Lithonia, Georgia, USA, I decided to video this object for the first time with an HDD cam. I was shocked to see that the digicam could clearly collect the different flashing colors. I "DO" understand the magnitude of your excitement and curiosity. Its hard to explain.
The object clearly flashes red, blue, green, yellow, and white! It always has. I see it every summer, far above the horizon! The video image clearly shows a vertical bar in the center of this object. It apperas to be 2 halves! I've viewed the footage on 3 separate screens, and see the same black-vertical band. I don't believe its a camera anomaly/defect. More tests will have to be done to know for sure, though.
I don't know what it is. A Star? Maybe. Possibly. Maybe not. Some believe it is an artificial structure manufactured by a nonhuman species long ago. This same group believes it is a base used to survey the Earth. I don't have enough data to confirm or deny this. Almost anything is possible. I do know that there is "NO" other object in the sky that is like it. I also know that it is not a part of "Any" constellation. There were "NO" stars near to it on my video. Its quite amazing footage. I will try to upload it. Hopefully the dark band will be visible.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MoreQuestionsThanAnswers

my wife and i were outside for the meteor shower. we sat outside for about 20 minutes before i finally saw one
while we were looking, we both noticed a flashing light, no where near any stars. the light seemed to stay in the same spot until the point of me seeing the first meteor. i saw another meteor about 15 minutes later, and the flashing light was still there. after she finally saw a meteor after about an hour, the flashing light remained in place, but appeared to be slowly moving away.
since we were both seeing this, we both came back in the house. memphians don't get down with the flashing lights like that.
she went back out about 10 minutes after coming in, and 5 minutes after being out there by herself, ran in calling me to come back out
she said the light had flashed a huge flash, and continued to disappear
this was my 2nd time seeing something like this. the last time was in the summer during the late 80's. i was probably just 8-10 years old on the way home from mississippi. as my family headed home i noticed the flashing red/blue/white lights and just started at it silently for roughly about 25 miles

upload video asap to see if we saw the same thing. we're about 6.5 hours away

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

Please check out my video on YouTube if you get a moment. A few minutes into the vid there is a close-up. Watching in HD will make the window larger. Is this what you saw? Or something similar to it. It is strange.
The video file is too large to upload to ATS. On YouTube I'm known as MoreQuestionsToo. The name of the vid is "Flashing Star 08-10-2009". www.youtube.com...
Thanks, and have a great day.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
I can tell you from personal and witnessed events here in western North Carolina over the past 20 years or so that there are lights, shining lights with various colors, some like a diamond and some varying degrees of virtually every color in the human spectrum..and beyond.

The lights many times appear to rotate in an off center motion, like a wobble. They can move from position or remain steady for hours while the rest of the night sky moves along in the normal fashion.

I have certain knowledge of what at least SOME of them are, and opinions on the rest. I KNOW for sure that there are dimensional , some might call it spiritual, ohenomenon that are happening world wide. There are also quite a few government experiemnets as well as alien survellience units, although only the ones sporting lights WANT to be seen!! The ones that are truly undercover government drones and such are dark and silent, not wanting to attract attention.

Of course there are an entire group that have to be dismissed out of hand as probable satellites, planes,etc, etc. If a light does not move at all, it is not supposed to be there, simple. All geosynchronous satellites move at varying speeds depending on distance, and all stars and such transit the sky at night, of course. They all move in predictable patterns and can be plotted.

The truly anomalous lights are noticeable to most observers and behave differently than the other celestial objects seen. There are so many dimensional forces using this realm that it is a miracle that more people do not see the facts. There are technologies that can appear and disappear, and change molecular association at will. There are beings that need no technology to affect what we see , hear and can experience on this plane. This planet is swirling with entities and forces and technologies beyond imagination, much like the scene when you see the dust in a room, or smoke, with the light bright and catching the angle where every particle is apparent..know what I mean?

That is what we would see if we could discern the various spectrums beyond human ability: A vast conglomeration of differing types of actual events and personages and spirits, and aliens as well, able to negotiate spectrums we only can imagine in science fiction.

I believe that a true seeker will be lead to the source of knowledge, and that sincere and dedicated experimentation with developing inherent natural human abilities will get results that can be measured personally as well as in this realm scientifically. Thats my take, at least.

I had an experience with the UFOs you are talking about last August, and it has changed my life and put me on an accelerated spiritual journey. It's been a very humbling experience.

I also agree that they are multi-dimensional extraterrestrials, possibly from the spirit world or from the future. They can easily be mistaken for sky lanterns from a distance (and some of them certainly are), but the authentic UFO orbs do exist -- this is a fact -- and appear as basketball-sized globes of light that pulsate from the center like jellyfish with heartbeats. Also, they flicker all the colours of visible light from the electromagnetic radiation spectrum (all colours from a rainbow) on the surface and they can actually change the wavelength of the radiation at will to a range near microwave or infrared. That is why they seem to dematerialize out of nowhere sometimes. These things are just pure masses of light/electromagnetic energy!

Ity is also my strong contention from what I personally experienced that these particular UFOs influenced religion in the past. By that, I mean that the primitive civilizations knew they existed and turned them into gods. I noticed many similarities between these UFOs and some of the stories in the ancient biblical scriptures.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreQuestionsThanAnswers

that was what my wife and i saw last night. we were also facing west.

i suppose someone has an explanation as to how you saw this in lithonia while we saw it in memphis. both in the west.

thanks for the video of that. i got no further explanation than its a UFO because we watched it fly away without identifying it

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HORNYBEAR

Originally posted by HORNYBEAR

i suppose someone has an explanation as to how you saw this in lithonia while we saw it in memphis. both in the west.

MoreQuestionsThanAnswer's video has been removed from Youtube for some reason. I have no idea what you all saw, and I'm not trying to tell you what you saw.

But if an object is far away enough in outer space and you see it in Memphis, TN in the western part of the sky...That same object in space is also going to be seen in the western part of the sky in Lithonia, GA. You asked for a possible explanation; so there you go.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
im seeing the same thing right now near the belt a single flash looks just like a flash from a camera then its gone then it will flash in a different spot near the same location then back to the same spot. not different colors just white! im in california zip code 93035 i checked the satellite tracker and nothing is in my area?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Last night I experienced the same as the original poster. I'm in Byron Bay, the most eastern point of Australia. Every night it's not raining I go outside and sit and watch the skies. I've seen lots of satellites, space debris burning up, "shooting stars" and aircraft. I've watched the odd colours produced by what I now understand to be Sirius, however last nights flashing star didn't make sense, hence this post.
This is what I observed... It appeared to be a star due to the fact that when it's light was on it was as bright as a star. The light was on for about half a second to one second long and the intervals between ranged from 11 seconds to 16 seconds. The position was in the North western sky to the west of Mars and the time was 9:55pm - 10:15pm Eastern Standard Time. I'm not sure how long it was going before I spotted it but after 10:15 I did not see it again. The odd part was, as others have mentioned, that a couple of the flashes seemed to be faded and spread as if coming through a cloud but there were no clouds in the sky and no star around this object was effected. Following one members post I downloaded Stellarium and located the position as being in the vicinity of "HIP 37428". The position moved very slightly over the time I was watching and was too high to be a helicopter or horizonal distortions... anyway, I hope this helps others locate this. If clear tonight I will check again and will watch this post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join