It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Chat v1.1

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

why do you think that so many theists think that we're some sort of cohesive, organized group that could do something as big as overthrowing christianity?

The same reason many atheist believe that Christians are trying to overthrown atheism, I guess they just want us to see their truth (truth is relative), but many of us just close our minds afraid that we actually see some logic on what they are saying, as a true atheist/agnostic, I open my mind to everyone trying to teach me their beliefs, for two reasons: they have the right and I have nothing to loose, after all I know I will not become a religious person.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

...except that Christians are definitely trying to get rid of atheism. It's sort of their M.O. to convert people and to make non-believers into believers. Sure, they're not doing it as a cohesive unit, but they are doing it as groups of cohesive units.

I mean, I keep my mind open too. I'd love to hear a reasonable argument from their end...still waiting on that one. What I have a problem with is the general portrayal of atheists and atheism by believers.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I agree with you about that, most of them see us as some as some kind of plague

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

What's surprising was that there was an upswing in anti-atheist/atheism threads for a while which simmered down recently. Pointing this out ended up making this mega-thread a reality (it's over 1400 posts, I wouldn't expect anyone to read it all)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join