It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dare we even guess about God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
People go on for years talking about 'is there a God?' Well I'm here to tell you that until you can set the universe in motion you are coughing up your sleeve. I had the distinct pleasure of asking Mr. Dawkins on radio five live(BBC) if he would not entertain the slightest possibilty of there being a reason for this amazing display of life. He said "no". Its a problem for the mystics I fear. Look to Pierre Teilhard de Chardin or St. Jean de la Croix. And until we begin to understand that not all existence takes place in our dimension we'll be going on about 'proof of creation' til we're gassed in the FEMA camps. So there.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by dakota jim]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by dakota jim]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin actually invites you to challenge the existence of God.
His basic believe is that human are evolving spiritual due mainly to the fact that we all think for ourselves, therefore Pierre assume that we will undoubtedly gain the knowledge of the existence God.
It is like people that denied their identity and then after a long life journey stumble in to an overwhelming truth that bring them back to their sources.
This Jesuit philosopher was respected by scientists and clergy man but don’t forget that the church never allow his publications during his lifetime.

Kacou

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Thank you kacou for your thoughtful post. I wonder though if Chardin's Omega point could be understood in a three dimensional way. It seems that the limit of the debate is often well within a deterministic framework. Rupert Sheldrake is still on the fringe I think. I was directing that blunt statement at people like Dawkins who I believe are paid to deflect us from the truth. There are a host of them and I don't like them. cheers jim

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Contemplations upon the existence of god is necessary for mankind's growth. I'm sure that you will agree that an intellectually or spiritually stagnant existence is anathema to our being.

It is imperative that we continually learn and evolve. We cannot do this without asking more difficult questions else our brain turns to mush. I would put forth that in the realm of 'mental masturbation' contemplation of god is much more effective than the contemplation of my navel.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota jim

People like Dawkins in my view are frustrated and very upset.
I can understand they willingness to eradicate any sort of organise religions after you read statements from evangelicals fundamentalist priest or extremist Islamic Imams.
Now saying this, what many of the Dawkins follower seems to forget is that you can’t cure or eradicate a cancer with inflicting the later with the same.
We have better result achieved with spiritual awareness to blind faith (as religious or none).
The fact is that their intellectual methods can only accomplish the contrary and you can look at history for examples.

Kacou

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota jim
reply to post by kacou

Thank you kacou for your thoughtful post. I wonder though if Chardin's Omega point could be understood in a three dimensional way.

The omega point can be understood in the three dimension realm.
What I understand from Charldin’s Omega Point is that it represent a fulfilment of the consciousness where by human can reach the level of the initial start of awareness.
Human reach high state of consciousness threw the process of human spiritual evolution, therefore human is the also the mover of the universe.
It is far above the ground of metaphysic, it needs lots of concentration and focus to go threw all the papers of Charldin.
But so stimulating!

Kacou.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why should we guess or talk about God. He is out there and we should know his laws and wishes. God out there and we not pay attention would be bad.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We are not that smart, as far as the normal physical world goes.
Testing of animals show they have a better perception of the material world, than humans do.
So, why are we here? It is because we are capable of thought on a higher level.
So, to the animals, we are like gods.
It is part of our obligation, as the world's gods, to expand our thoughts to an entity higher than ourselves.
My comments here may be off topic.
This thread may belong in a science forum.
But I want to throw out by opinion, anyway.
How dare we?
To make ourslves better, and to become more god like, ourselves.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota jim
And until we begin to understand that not all existence takes place in our dimension we'll be going on about 'proof of creation' til we're gassed in the FEMA camps. So there.

As a gnostic who have stepped away from the man made Christianity, I'd say Dawkins is right. The problem with Christianity is it is blind to itself. It's own text tells you how to find the spirit, yet until you open your eyes, you cannot find it. That lies in the domain of finding an existence outside your own dimension.

I wish everyone could see it, but I know that it calls whoever it chooses and isn't for me to decide.

Jesus never told the Christians to fight for the world at all.

So Dawkins cannot see the spirit, and that is not his fault, yet he claims that the world is self evident externally, which is also correct.

I see no error in what Dawkins says, yet I cannot deny my own roots. That's the mystery and error the Christian's are making. They are trying to serve two masters; the world and the spirit. You can't do both, because they are separated right now.

new topics

top topics

join