It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Bush, officials made 935 false statements about Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Study: Bush, officials made 935 false statements about Iraq

news.yahoo.com

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
These are some pretty harsh "in your face" accusations. I didn't know people were keeping count... but I'm glad they did.

I bet this story stings!

AAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow!!!

Look at Bush's hair!!! It sure did become more greyer and greyer! He looks depressed, too. Damn!

This is the latest picture as of Jan. 22/08.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hey, you can't be right all the time. Nobody's perfect right?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
That's a helluva lot of porkies !!!

This surely must be some sort of world record when it comes to politicians ? I know, lets lobby Guinness to include it as a going away present for Dubya ?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Only 935? That's the real news!

Applying lessons learned, I wonder what the count is so far on Iran?

You'll also note that they've become a bit less obvious about it, as when W said he didn't believe his own govt's NIE stating Iran had no active nuclear program. Essentially, he'd rather call his intelligence agencies liars than dropping another whopper. Well, sort of progress, somehow...

PS TheoOne: It's hard work being the Decider.

All sarcasm aside, the presidency is well known to prematurely age its occupants. Compare photos of Lincoln at the outset of his term and just before his assassination. The Civil War ravaged him as much as the country.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
so when did the public catch on that we were getting snowed?
at spin/fib/lie #635... is than when 51% finally figured the Iraqi Freedom
campaign was all smoke & mirrors?

these studies are all well & good, but there can be extracted
things concerning the limits of propaganda and the 'mind-massaging' of the masses by the neocon clique in power...& i bet you that sociologists in the neo-con camp are gearing their apparatus to include these deep and underlying drives in influencing the behavior of the masses

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The drive-by MSM is forever tireless in pursuit of nothing.

Maybe the MSM should ask the following questions:

Who is Ahmed Khalil Ibrahim Samir al-Ani ?

Where did he travel to?

Whom did he meet with in the Czech Republic and Why?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusive6B

They've asked those questions plenty of times and the results are just more of the same. The only people claiming he met with Atta were the Bush Administration, in direct contradiction of all the evidence and opinions of our own intelligence agencies.

Source
September 23, 2002: Newsweek reports that the CIA is resisting Pentagon demands to obtain pictures of the alleged meeting from Iraqi exiles. One official says, “We do not shy away from evidence. But we also don’t make it up.” [Newsweek, 9/23/2002]

October 10, 2002: British officials deny the meeting ever took place (see October 4-10, 2002). [Financial Times, 10/4/2002; Guardian, 10/10/2002]

October 20, 2002: Czech officials, including President Vaclav Havel, emphatically deny that the meeting ever took place. It now appears Atta was not even in the Czech Republic during the month the meeting was supposed to have taken place. President Havel told Bush “quietly some time earlier this year” that the meeting did not happen (see Early 2002, probably May or later). [United Press International, 10/20/2002; New York Times, 10/21/2002]

[edit on 1/23/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusive6B
Who is Ahmed Khalil Ibrahim Samir al-Ani ?

Where did he travel to?

Whom did he meet with in the Czech Republic and Why?

You mean the guy who it was claimed met with one of the 9/11 hijackers but actually never did?

March 29, 2006: Cheney says of the meeting: “And that reporting waxed and waned where the degree of confidence in it, and so forth, has been pretty well knocked down now at this stage, that that meeting ever took place”

April 2007: In a new book, former CIA Director Tenet claims, “It is my understanding that in 2006, new intelligence was obtained that proved beyond any doubt that the man seen meeting with [a] member of the Iraqi intelligence service in Prague in 2001 was not Mohamed Atta”

taken from Cooperative Research History Comons

which details the whole thing in full.

Maybe you should try again?

[edit on 23/0108/08 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

If you believe ANYTHING that the scumbag liar Cheney says, or any other minion like Tenet, who lied and got the medal for his lies, you are3 less than informed. You are quoting the foxes saying that they really did have an alibi for the henhouse raid even though they were seen there!!

Quoting Cheney and Tenet is like quoting Hitler: They say what it takes to keep their interests safe, and to hell with the truth and the rule of law.

try again..next time quote a source that has some credibilit: Cheney the scumbag traitor and Tenet the scumbag spy and not worth belief...ever.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Isn't this the same article that was posted last night here?

ATS POST

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusive6B

The drive-by MSM is forever tireless in pursuit of nothing.

I'll be honest. I stopped reading right here. At this time of night, I just can't bring myself to muster up the effort to entertain someone who opens their post with a line lifted from Rush Limbaugh.

Right now, I choose to fight ignorance with ignorance!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
cross linking other thread on similar subject . www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edit to add a 2nd line . And a 3rd for good measure]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Mindless]

top topics

join