It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we too stupid to survive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Just look at what people want to talk about.( chris angel,aliens) We are being murdered! Your children are being forced to have vaccinations that will kill them. We are drinking fluoride which is poison. Nanobot diseases are being sprayed on us from the sky. So lets talk about creationism. Better yet lets spend hours moaning about the holocaust while we kill millions of Iraqis. (2 million and counting) We will get what we deserve.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by dakota jim]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by dakota jim]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
That's why educating public is important.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A perfectly viable question. To the extent that top war strategists worry that a Tungaska style (antimatter) whatever it was might erupt an indo/paki nuclear conflict. Was Reagan correct in assuming it would take a planetary extinction style event to bring together all the tribes of Earth? And what could be learned from such an event if it was actually successful for us puky earthlings?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

MY point being that we should know by now who our enemy is and that we either sink or swim.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Entering the dark (miss manner, warn zone). I think we collectively 'know' or at least think we know who's on first. Depends if your on wall street, a politician (tamps down a throwup), or a regualar Joe American just trying to get by these days. The changes, recession, bankruptcies, foreclosures are just at the tip of the iceberg. Once it progresses to the upper midd, say 40 percent hard working Am's getting wiped out, the tea will spill in the harbors.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Are we too stupid to survive? No, as long as the TV keeps on providing instructions we'll be fine...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I find the sinple sentiment expressed in this cartoon to still be poignant and applicable on so many levels.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
All part of the NWO NP don't ya know. They have crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's. I personally believe the Hopi's are right, and the net shall be cast. We are now living in some of the most interesting times of world history. The meek shall inherit the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

bless you pavlovsdog for bringing up that classic cartoon.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

You can't educate an idiot. And we have more than a few of those.
And the idiot is generally the last one to know he is one and thinks everyone who doesn't see the world as he does.
Ever notice the tendency to think someone who agrees with you as smart?
Get my drift?

P.s.: Wasn't meant as an attack on you seeing as to how I don't know you. Just used you because it was simplest to use.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've been miss mannered and warned for less wrath, I would stay on topic and be less obtrusive if I were you. But like in football, the second facemask is the one who is penalized. And I certainly aint no Mod, God forbid.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Read the P.s. It wasn't an attack to anyone but I guess us ALL (meaning all humanity, myself included). Well not even that. An attempt to put things into perspective.

And if they don't notice that, then I really don't want to be here anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Guess it proves my original point. We are faced with extinction and quarrel like the myopic 'liberal arts' majors that we are. We are too stupid to survive.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm about ready to put a murder on an anchovie mushroom za. I never gassed that jewish person. I always thought depeche mode sucked. You want blood? Go swimmin' in a leach hole. If you would streamline your rant dakota I would attempt to oblige a more cerebral response.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

*sighs and shakes his head*

Calm down grasshoppa.
Take a deep breath.
You really got to admit collectively we are a rather stupid bunch of apes.
Yes a PERSON can be smart, though there are times when even the smartest of us act like a complete and utter moron.
Really amazes me how a great many of people seem to think of smartness as some sort of state of "grace" (you know in the Puritanic form of grace, you either have it or you don't) from which a person never descends, well, unless they tick them off.
But collectively we seem to only want to destroy ourselves.

And lay off the stereotypes.
Not everyone that doesn't think highly of us is "wrist slittin, Depeche Mode listening, gothic vampire freak emo's".

top topics

join