It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Scientology being attacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Church of Scientology being attacked

www.budapesttimes.hu

Wikinews has learned that according to an internet posting made just over 24 hours ago, the Church of Scientology's website is being attacked by hackers, causing the site to shut down.

The attack was launched on Wednesday by a user calling himself "Anonymous", on the website "Project Chanology". The "History" section of the site explains, in a satirical fashion, that the incident was prompted by the Church of Scientology's attempts to remove a promotional video featuring Scientologist Tom Cruis
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.p2pnet.net

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Row over Scientology video

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon a video posted by someone called Anonymous , to do with the Church of Scientology. Apparently the guy managed to take down 'scientology.org', but then someone managed to get the site back up, then the guy launched another attack, which I guess was also succsessful, because scientology.org is currently offline, as of 5am 23/1 GMT or 11pm 1/22 CST.
Details of the attack can be found here: Project Chanology. By the looks of that write-up, a lot of work has gone into this. From what I can find, this DoS attack was started 5 days ago.

Anonymous' video:

The video has a full transcript here.

Good on 'em, I think. Can't wait to see how this one pans out. I'm sure the Scientologist's lawers are sharpening their teeth.

www.budapesttimes.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
lol i bet lord xenu dident see this one coming . the hacker better be careful or else they will sick there navy on him .

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Oh My God this is great!!!!

I love how anonymous assumes the role of the SPs.

Loving it...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
One of the first things that came to me is weather or not Scientology is actually promoting this. For self fulfilling prophesy or for more news coverage I am not sure. Then again it could be a lot of people who are really fed up with the money swindling mind manipulating characteristics of the cult.

I wonder where this will go.

Hmm. Video posted on January 21, 2008 and a day later 200,000 views.

[edit on 23/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
things that make you go ...... hmmmmmm

I wonder if Germany's ban of Cruise while filming
his latest movie has anything to do with this attack ???

Tom Cruise will be starring in an upcoming movie
about Hitler. It was filmed in Germany. But German
Ministers denied Cruise immigration passage due to his
scientology faith. He later gained that passage and filmed
the movie in Germany despite the fact that the German
authorities didn't have the backing (public opinion) of
the German people. I bet that pissed a lot of people off
in Germany. I wonder if this is retrobution for that act?

Or is it more based just around the faith itself.
Notice Cruise was not mentioned in that video
on youtube. Still makes me go ..... hmmmmm.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
erm IMHO IMHO IMHO (you get the idea, it's only in my opinion) reality attacks Scientology.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Gentlemen, This is what I have been waiting for. Habbo, Fox, The G4 Newfag Flood crisis. Those were all training scenarios. This is what we have been waiting for. This is a battle for justice. Everytime /b/ has gone to war, it has been for our own causes. Now, gentlemen, we are going to fight for something that is right. I say damn those of us who advise against this fight. I say damn those of us who say this is foolish.

I hope most of you know who these people are

[edit on 23-1-2008 by rktspc]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by rktspc]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
anonymous are a group of computer hackers that probably don't even give a s*** about Scientology and are just trying to do it for attention..

although i have no problems with that

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rktspc

hmmmm .... did I miss something ?

where did the quote come from ???

a removed post ?? or a transcript of something else ??

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Finally! Non scientologists fight back against their crud!

To arms!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
No sorry, this has nothing to do with Tom Cruise being banned. This is in fact in spite of him and the idea of scientology.

Anonymous is a vast underground network of people (hundreds of thousands) who have coordinated a strike against scientology in the form of the internet.

This is not a simple internet prank. This is internet terrorism in its fullest form - one which I support. The anonymity of the internet in a world where the government knows everything is the biggest weapon people have. Not only is this the start of a large movement, but likely one that will eventually push the government out of the internet.

Prior to this, all underground communities were at odds with eachother, always trying to out do eachother. However, this new aim has united all the underground communities for one purpose. A feat which is pretty freakin' awesome in its own.

I fully support this movement. You can as well, under the guise of anonymity.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
One of video tags is ebaums. Related to ebaumsworld.com perhaps? Maybe it is an internet prank after all.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Its not just Anonymous(who isnt one person as stated..)
Like Matro stated, loads of internet groupd such as Ebaums have all come together using DoS attacks to bring down their websites, but they're also email bombing and lots of other tasty things. YTMND has also been against CoS since they tried to get this removed.
theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com...
Obviously they failed, the thing that riles these groups so much is the censoring of public information on the internet, they've also hacked files from CoS serves which contain "secret" OT level infomation. All rather spiffy!

And its not limited to just the Internet, they plan to drape CsOs with banners and posters and generally p... them off.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Its not just Anonymous(who isnt one person as stated..)
Like Matro stated, loads of internet groupd such as Ebaums have all come together using DoS attacks to bring down their websites, but they're also email bombing and lots of other tasty things. YTMND has also been against CoS since they tried to get this removed.
theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com...
Obviously they failed, the thing that riles these groups so much is the censoring of public information on the internet, they've also hacked files from CoS serves which contain "secret" OT level infomation. All rather spiffy!

And its not limited to just the Internet, they plan to drape CsOs with banners and posters and generally p... them off.

apc

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Awesome! I get tons of junk mail from the Cult of Scientology and anything that impairs their practice of mental enslavement I applaud.

I say we take all the Scientologists, Mormons, Evangelists, and "Islamofascists," lock them in a big room and just let them duke it out for the title of Supreme Douches. If that can't happen, then taking down their websites day-in day-out will suffice.

Go Anonymous! Go-Go Anony-nonymous!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just a general comment from an ex-Scientologist before everyone gets carried away with the 'natural justice' of all this.

Originally posted by Vowles

... the thing that riles these groups so much is the censoring of public information on the internet

I was led to believe that the film was copyrighted by the C of S and stolen so that it could be posted on the Internet. That being the case, it wasn't public information.

they've also hacked files from CoS serves which contain "secret" OT level infomation.

Is this "public information" too? Are your credit history, your sex life, your medical records and your passwords 'public information'?

Hackers are very talented at what they do but I'm not convinced they are all really the cyber freedom fighters they make out. Like real world terrorists, they are pompous and self-righteous. They may or may not be right in their action depending on your point of view but justifying one offence with another is exactly what is behind all war, all terrorist killings, espionage, black ops, death sentences, fatwahs.....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
actually most anoymous come from the chan websites most well known are 4chan.org and 7chan.org.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Lol 4chan and 7chan? Thats just an anon posting place . I know 2 people from this group . Dshocker an Akill. I will ask shock whats up with the OvEn.
Generally these guys DDoS (Not Dos dopes routers protect you from that) People that are ignorant/ think there above getting owned . For the most part they will ddos there servers while rebooting them they slip a back door in . Using an sql injection . Once they have db access they like to donate all your money to a worthy cause (I have screens of them donating 150,000 from a pentagon account to cancer research )

Not knowing why at the moment i can only guess they had some holier than though attitude (the Scientology) and they are taking em down a peg .

I wouldn't doubt we'll be hearing about a huge donation from Scientology to Christianity soon lol .

Or they could just be trying to "RAGE" them . Get them so mad by OveN that they either
1. Admit defeat and post a huge pic on the main page saying they were owned and there sorry .
2. They make them selfs look like such @$@#$holes its not needed cause its evident they were owned .

Either way it should make for a good show .
-MD

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Mindless]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
Lol 4chan and 7chan? Thats just an anon posting place.

Yea, but most people and especially the media doesn't know this, so they get an extra kick out of it when they report it that someone named 'Anonymous' did it.

As anonymous posting causes posts to be attributed to "Anonymous," a running gag on 4chan is the idea that Anonymous is in fact a single person or the true name of the posters.

The "anonymous legion" is mainly a creation of the /b/ 'community' on 4chan.

Check the entry on Encyclopedia Dramatica, for more information.

I knew this was eventually going to get media attention. I've seen for probably a week now, people on /b/ organizing attacks on scientology.

edit: ed link and image

[edit on 23-1-2008 by danx]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join