It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with schools...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
LOL. That's a good one.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Umm, Im assuming your in HS or something along those lines and it is very illegal for someone under 18 to sign a binding clause such as a confidentiality agreement.

It ain't illegal, its just void. Good point though.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
After re-reading the thread I have to agree with insite, I guess when I 1st glanced over what was said I took it as a negative. It is simply saying become a slave to your good habits which in general is a good rule. Not a slave to society.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Insite, you are giving away insight. Do you have enough to go around?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

An anime called "Akira". It's very good.

Yeah, thought so. Good movie, but I still don't understand it all.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Insite, you are giving away insight. Do you have enough to go around?

Nope, lol. All out. Back to absorbing without question...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh # ....................help!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
TO PROVE THAT IT DOES EXIST.
www.leadershipsolutions.com...

By the way, they didn't make us sign anything, but the teacher said she and the entire group would lose trust in you if you talked about anything.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I dont see the word "slave" anywhere

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't think anyone denied that the program existed. What was questioned was the sheets that you spoke of.

Looking at it now, having something pointed out by insight, it doesn't look so bad. Read what he said.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You can't find the whole booklet on the internet, but I will try to take a picture with my friend's digital camera. I really don't know any other way I could prove this to you.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Looks to me like it was a psychological experiment that worked out pretty well and are keeping in schools. If you ask me it looks like a class I would want my HS student in.

For anyone without Adobe -
Effects of a 10-week social-cognitive group intervention on
selected psychosocial attributes and interpersonal effectiveness
of high school students
by Kathleen Cirillo-Teverbaugh, Ph.D.
and Brian Colwell, Ph.D.
Abstract of Research Article

Full Article Available on Request

This study explores the effects of a 10-week social-cognitive intervention on self-esteem,
loneliness, parent-adolescent communication and perception of leadership development of
high school students from a city in east-central Texas. Thirty-six experimental group members
participated in Teen Leadership, a 10-week social-cognitive intervention. Thirty-four students
in a youth organization from the same city served as the control group and did not receive the
intervention. The experimental group met once a week for ten consecutive weeks. Each session
was two hours in duration. The experimental and control groups were asked to fill out a
questionnaire prior to and upon completion of the intervention. The questionnaire included
demographic information and questions from The Leadership and Personal Development Inventory
(Carter & Spotanski, 1989), the Revised UCLA Loneliness Scale (Russell, Peplau &
Cutrona, 1980), the Parent-Adolescent Communication Scale (Barnes & Olson, 1982) and the
Texas Social Behavior Inventory (Helmreich, Stapp & Ervin, 1978). Separate two-way analyses
of variance (ANOVAS) were used to test for significant differences in all dependent variables.
Significant interactions were investigated with simple main-effects analyses. The alpha
level was set at p < 0.05. Simple main-effects analyses for the control group (who did not participate
in Teen Leadership) across time indicated that self-esteem, attitude toward group
work, personal development, loneliness, mother/father-adolescent communication did not
change from pre-testing to post-testing for the control group. Conversely, simple main-effects
analyses for the experimental group across time significantly increased on all variables except
loneliness, which significantly decreased from pre-testing to post-testing.
Thus for the students participating in Teen Leadership, all measured variables were
positively impacted, specifically:
 Self-esteem increased
 Attitude toward group work improved
 Personal development improved
 Loneliness decreased
 Mother-adolescent communication increased
 Father-adolescent communication increased
These data suggest that using this social-cognitive group intervention, coupled with mentoring
from community leaders, holds promise as an intervention for enhancing self-esteem, parentadolescent
communication, leadership skill development and for reducing loneliness in high
school adolescents.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Dont even bother, AttackHippo. The thread will most likely be out of everyones mind tomorrow. I just think it's weird that a school would use that phrase, seeing as schools love to be PC.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK.

What grade are you in?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My point isn't that there's a conspircy or anything, just that giving kids the idea that somethings shouldn't be questioned is wrong. I'm in eighth grade.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I guess I dont see were it says nothing should be questioned. If it is a legitimate leadership class then they will teach you to question EVERYTHING. Nothing is certain and everything should be questioned and always questioning is what makes a good leader. To determine after all questioning is through the correct action to implement next.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The teen leadership program has been implemented all over TX, but I never saw become their slaves(LMAO) in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join