It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with schools...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Today in "Leadership" class I was flipping through my booklet when I noticed that on a a certain page it had listed "Obedience, Faithfullness and Loyalty" as being among the best character traits. One page later, on a list for how to improve your day, it said "Develop good habits and become their slaves."

I was shocked! This class roots out the kids that will probably be leaders and throws them in "Leadership" class. Giving these kids the impression that questioning things is wrong is very dangerous.

Any idea?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo
"Develop good habits and become their slaves."

Any idea?

Are you sure you read it right?

No offense, but it sounds like bull# to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Where do you go to school?

What exactly do you study in this 'leadership class'? Beyond what you've already said.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You really have a book that says 'become their slaves'? They could get sued big time.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Agreed, tetsuo.

I find that hard to believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah, so what school do you go to?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The only place where you could be a leader AND a slave is politics.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I swear that this is true. Luckily, my teacher isn't very good and we spend most of the hour gossiping. To be honest, I'm not sure what the goal of the class really is. There is also a confidentiality clause, which I think is a bad idea. But what are they gonna do, suspend me? My teacher also said that the leadership program is already being implemented throughout Texas.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Listen, regardless of what you may think, we don't have all the time in the world to bull#, ok?

If (and I mean if) this is true, scan the page that says "become their slaves" onto your PC and upload it here.

link   
Perhaps, then, you could offer us a scan of the pages mentioned? I'd be very interesting in seeing.

What grade are you in?

link   
Sounds like your a student for the Iranian government. I have searched for such a book at my schools bookstore and have found nothing.(online of course) So it seems like a crock of # to me.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
confidentiallity clause? Sh�t, get out of there. Like they are trining you to be drones. Sounds like a cult.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
confidentiallity clause? Sh�t, get out of there. Like they are trining you to be drones. Sounds like a cult.

No need to scare the poor child, he has an overactive imagination as it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It would seem so.
I'd love to see scans of the pages, if it's true!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

"Develop good habits and become their slaves."

Habits aren't good. They gradually burn neural pathways into your brain so that you don't need to go astray learning anything new. It's a detriment to your IQ. However, obviously good habits are better than bad ones.

Being a slave to a habit sounds negative, but the spin is that it's a good habit that you are a slave to thus it's a positive statement. How do you get sued for saying something like that?

You guys need some insight. I'll give you some of mine.

[Edited on 2-12-2004 by insite]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I swear that this is true. Luckily, my teacher isn't very good and we spend most of the hour gossiping. To be honest, I'm not sure what the goal of the class really is. There is also a confidentiality clause, which I think is a bad idea. But what are they gonna do, suspend me? My teacher also said that the leadership program is already being implemented throughout Texas.

Umm, Im assuming your in HS or something along those lines and it is very illegal for someone under 18 to sign a binding clause such as a confidentiality agreement. Sorry but until I see exactly the pages, book your talking about I refuse to believe it.

Who is the Author/Publisher of this book?

link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

I'd be scared sh�tless. but whatever. Oh, by the way, where'd you get your name tetsuo?

link   
I shall finish off this thread with an image that will stick in AttackHippo's head everytime he thinks about lying to us here again:

link   
By saying "become their slaves" it's referring to your habits, but the point was that I don't like the mindset. Telling the brightest kids to stop thinking is a terrible idea. I don't have a scanner.

link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

I'd be scared sh�tless. but whatever. Oh, by the way, where'd you get your name tetsuo?

An anime called "Akira". It's very good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join