It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any alien/UFO ideas regarding Tunguska??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have studied the Tunguska event a while back and a thought came to me today. While it is a widely held belief that a rocky meteor either crashed in tunguska or detonated just prior to impact, there is also a theory that there was an immense molten surge under the area as well.

Whatever the case may be, my thought is that there must be plenty of alien/UFO people who think "they" had something to do with it?? I am open ears but I will openly admit that I doubt it, however...please throw your theories down here folks.

Nobody really knows for sure what happened, yes we have plenty of evidence that a major event happened but still no die hard conclusion. So, by that account I suppose any wild idea is just as good as any other!

Looking forward to the responses....have not seen this posted before so I hope it is a new idea? Peace, Mondo

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Many years ago i remember finding a book that had been published in somewhere like Hungary and translated into English. In that book it made the claim that the track of the object was plotted by several observers over quite a distance. They claimed that, before it exploded, it made a right then left turn. Now natural objects do not do such things.

The problem is, the observers could easily have slightly misjudged their observations to give the anomaly, or, the book could have been just moonshine. Having said that, it was very dryly written and didn't make any huge claims. The basic tenet being that, Tunguska deserved far more close attnetion by the scientific community than it had previously received.

Good read on the subject here.. omzg.sscc.ru...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by FireMoon]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by FireMoon]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that Japan sent an investigation team to the site at one point and came to the conclusion that it was a crash site. Of course they were the only country that made such a claim and I'm not sure if they've retracted it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There is very conclusive evidence that the Tunguska damage was caused by an asteroid. In fact, the way everything falls down (the butterfly shape) is reproducable at an acceptable angle and velocity for the asteroid.

You can even watch the butterfly shape take place on a documentary that airs on the History Channel once in a while regarding hte explosion.

There are plenty of threads on this, though, not to get after you.

People need to accept the scientific evidence on this one; something many here are not willing to do on any subject presented in this forum. =s

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Platinumstorm]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Platinumstorm

All very good, apart from the fact, to my knowledge, not one single trace of the *asteroid* has ever been found. The explosion threw up a huge amount of dust into the atmosphere. It is reported, it was possible to read newsprint at midnight in London from the reflection from the ensuing clouds..

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If I remmeber correctly they had to revisit the bogs, which were either abandoned once or passed over initially and that is where they found the proof of the composition.

I'd have to look into that more though, but that's my initial memory of what I learned.

new topics

top topics

join