It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Flying Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
is anyone else bugged when the term UFO is used and aliens are automatically dragged into the conversation? UFO is an acronym for Unidentified Flying Object, and just because someone saw a UFO, does not mean that it is in any relation to extraterrestrials or anything of the like. it could be an ET craft, but it could be nearly anything else as well, such as human tech, and anything else you could imagine. i just think that people should realize the meanings of the words they use.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I believe it used to bug a lot of people. However, I think we are desensitized and when we see the acro. UFO it is not really registered.

You are quite right though - UFO is not necessarily Extra Terrestrial etc - it can, and usually is, human/earthly in origin.

So my answer is, at this stage, it is something that doesn't really register like it may have 2 years ago. This site denies ignorance well the membership should, so i believe 90% of us don't start getting all excited and jumping off the walls at the mention of "UFO" because we have come to realize that with MUCH investigation UFO becomes IFO.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
People associate the term UFO with ET objects... It's just the way it is.

If someone posts a topic "I saw a UFO!" They're probably looking for attention of the paranormal kind.

One could always post "I saw a strange object in the sky"... But they don't. Ahh well, such is life!

join