It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kicking myself for not taking a pic...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Date: 20th January 2008
Time: Approx 03.00 GMT +1

Weird thing happened to me the other night, and I am kicking myself for not thinking more of it.

I got up at around 3am as I suffer from Insomnia, and headed to another part of my house, passing a large window we have on the 2nd floor (window facing North).

Out of the window, there is only one other house in direct line of sight, as I live out in the country in around 11 Acres. The house is surrounded by woods about a mile away on all sides. No major roads, motorways or towns... no artificial lighting or bleed can be seen at all.

Anyway, I looked out the window, and saw a central bright light, with one light equidistant from the main one on each side forming a very shallow triangle shape. From my estimation it was just above tree level height, as I could see the top of the tree branches obscuring the light when they were blown in the wind from time to time. I have no idea as to how far away, but it must have been a good mile+ at a wager.

Luminosity of the lights was approx twice the luminosity of say the star Sirius (on a clear night with no moon) for the main light, and about the same as Sirius for the other 2.

I looked, and though, hmm, odd. As you may know from some of my posts, I am sceptic by heart and figured it was maybe something that was moved there during the day, or car lights reflecting off something. However I stood there for about 15 minutes watching it, and the night sky in general, and at no time did it move, or have any variation. it was much brighter than anything else in the sky at the time.

After around 15 minutes I figured it was cold, it was nothing out of the ordinary as the lights looked 'fixed' in this triangle shape, and headed off to bed, thinking I could see them the next night, or check out if there was anything there during the day. I didn't even think to take a pic even though I had my 400D not 15 feet way with a 300mm lens!!! Doh!!!

Well, I marked a spot on the window where the lights were, and marked where I was standing, just in case.

I looked during the day, and there is nothing new there, only the woods, and looking at the mark, the lights appeared just above tree level.

I have looked both nights since, and there is no natural light or man made light source anywhere near the position I saw the lights, and also no way I could see there could be as there is a wooded area of around 10km in that direction.

Anyway, it's 4am now, I just spent 3 hours looking out there, camera in hand, and the more I think of it, the odder it was to see anything in that location.

Very odd indeed.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Fraank Fontaine]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sorry to say it, but you might as well give up photography right here and right now.

If you did not think to take a photo of something curious, of a moment in time, regardless of whether this was an UFO or not, that 400D with a 300mm lens will remain just a status symbol and nothing else.

And it's not like it costs big money nowadays to take and develop photos...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
Sorry to say it, but you might as well give up photography right here and right now.

If you did not think to take a photo of something curious, of a moment in time, regardless of whether this was an UFO or not, that 400D with a 300mm lens will remain just a status symbol and nothing else.

And it's not like it costs big money nowadays to take and develop photos...

lol very true indeed. That's why I am kicking myself.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would like to kick you as well. Shame on you. But I do know your posts, and if you say there was something unusual about it, then I believe you. Maybe keep the camera near a window from now on.

On the other hand, though, all you would have got was a light against a dark background which wouldn't have shed any "light" on it for us, other to confirm that something luminous was out there somewhere.

I always wonder why aliens choose to drive around under the cover of darkness only to leave thier damn parking lights on during covert operations...who knows.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A few questions. How high above the tree line do you think it was? Does the tree line appear to be different in any way? Have you walked out there to see if you can find anything that could have caused it?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
shame...you really missed a very good chance and now it is hard to proof what you have seen. Sorry but let me have a kick on you too.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sounds cool.

Don't kick yourself about the photo thing...

I have seen 4 UFO's in my life and if I had gotten them on videotape people still wouldn't believe me. Consider the mountains of photographic and video evidence of UFO's that is crystal clear... people still don't believe UFO's are real for some reason.

I actually photographed a UFO and sent it to the local paper, which printed it and explained it as a 'bird in flight'. My local town was outraged at the explanation because the object was a crystal clear bell-shaped UFO object.
People still ask me if I'm angry about it, and I say no. This kind of thing happens all the time. I am simply grateful to have seen something, and sometime later in your life you'll feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
First, it's not your fault for not being a believer in the unknown and without your empirical 'evidences' (such as photos) to convince others what you have seen or experienced in the past. Describing these unexplained events with words is better supported with photos anytime.

Second, having a good camera around will always come in handy for those special moments (other than shiny lights in the night skies). There are lots of cameras out there but avoid digital cameras: I have one and it does a horrible job with night time photos. I can't hold my hands steady enough to get a clear shot.

Third, if you had the money, invest in night vision kinds, if any. You could make lots of money on your photos but expect lots of scrutiny by those who expect more detail.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why don't u make a drawing of what you saw?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I do not believe it matters to prove it to anyone else that what he has seen was real. I would've taken the photo for myself, so that I remember what I have seen.
Whether other people believe me based on what I say or what I show them in the photo is irrelevant. Reality is a subjective experience and depends on perception and one's point of view.

top topics

join