It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Bush, Other Officials Issued Hundreds of False Statements Before Iraq Invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Study: Bush, Other Officials Issued Hundreds of False Statements Before Iraq Invasion

www.rawstory.com

A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.

532? Is that all?

"The cumulative effect of these false statements — amplified by thousands of news stories and broadcasts — was massive, with the media coverage creating an almost impenetrable din for several critical months in the run-up to war," the study concluded.

So that's how it is done, folks. Another study concluding we were all duped. Now tell that to all those who died. I scream for them.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How on Earth this entire administration isn't on trial for war crimes is beyond me. Oh, wait, they've stacked the entire court system with their cronies.

Complete scum.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
TA: Nice work and good research - thanks for posting this. This doesn't surprise me, of course, but it's still shocking.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
John Kerry was correct, not slanderous, in 2003 with his statement about them being "crooks and liars".

Re Iraq. The truth was always out there. Over and over ad nauseam were news clips of Saddam waving either an old rifle or sword, while another clip kept showing some donkey cart carrying what was purported to be some weapon. Powell's slide show drawings and prop vial (containing baking soda?) would be a joke if all this hadn't ended in the ending of the lives of so many troops.

At least with the former President, only one person got screwed in the White House. Looks like we all got screwed this time.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sadly, the majority of the American public was aware of these lies the moment after they'd been uttered, not to mention the many years following and leading into the next stolen election.

I chalk it up to short attention spans and absolutely crooked mass media.

I also chalk it up to the fact that the anti-christs are running America into the ground and this charade of lying in order to send us to war was just one of the many prophetic things to come.

I'm not a nut about biblical prophecy, but in laymens terms "He will deceive the masses in my name, and many will die." We had a member of a satanic secret society feeding us lies to send us to war all the while professing that he was under God's order? This is the anti-christ to a T.... and there are more than one of them.

Just consider how many children have been massacred or blown apart in this war. Just think about it. Get that mental image in your head of families screaming and crying in despair over the broken bodies of their children.... get that mental image of Iraqi men going blind with rage and marching out to meet American soldiers with rifles. Then consider the fact that a satanist in Christian-political disguise was responsible for ALL of it, and that he succesfully lied the most powerful nation in the world into carrying all of this out.

The antichrist is real, and there are more than one of them, and they have had a FIRM grasp on this nation for a good while now. The fact that they have 'gotten away' with lying and causing the deaths of untold innocents is only proof to me. The people are lost.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
We had a member of a satanic secret society feeding us lies to send us to war all the while professing that he was under God's order?

I know that's a great point. What I am wondering now is what is the world is going to do without a member of the Skull and Bones club up in the White House after this election? Who of the current candidates is Skull & Bones? And you better not say Ron Paul dammit.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Honestly Saddam was sentenced to death for lesser war crimes. Bush will get away with this? Sad to hear really. Someone who gets his own countries troops killed, leads a false war, kills innocent lives from the invasion on, kills terrorists which would not even have been around if Saddam was still here and gets away with that? Such a shame.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The lack of accountability is appalling.

But here's another thought for you. Leave aside, for the moment, this administration and all they have gotten away with. Consider where this leaves us for the future.

Our vulnerability to potential dangers from within seems fairly obvious now. Let's hope we get our act together, and repair our system of governance, before someone even more sinister comes along.

Our children deserve better than this.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Are you as angry as this guy?

I know I am and I don't blame him for yelling at Feingold.

This whole government stinks!!

Detestable lieing money grubbing scum!! Destroying our reputation, killing in the multitudes, money made hand over fist for their cronies, shredding the constitution, destroying our economy, shipping our jobs overseas. Had enough yet???

So so sick and disgusting I can only pray for justice...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
True American

Here is one of those classified documents that was
offered to Rice and Bush but was ignored.

Here is a copy of the Richard Clarke Memo that went to Condi Rice
about Al Queda in January 2001 (8 months before 9/11).

And all those videos where the administration said they had
no prior knowledge was absolute Bullsnot.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
What I am wondering now is what is the world is going to do without a member of the Skull and Bones club up in the White House after this election? Who of the current candidates is Skull & Bones? And you better not say Ron Paul dammit.

No I'm not gonna say RP .... LOL

But last visitors to the Bildeberger group meeting include:

Bill Clinton (Hilary was sick at the time, Bill went as proxy)
Barack Obama
Mitt Romney
Judy Guiliani
Mike Huckabee

this info came from Alex Jones "Endgame" movie

and Ron Paul was NOT on the list of attendees.

5 of the current prez candidates were on the invitation list
to the Bildeberger group meeting.

So any election from any of those candidates would be
a continuation of the NWO Agenda.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Clicked the link, conclusion after two seconds...leftwing nutso journalism site. Why waste your time with phoney claims of impartial journalism when the site is screaming at you otherwise.
Next

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Clicked the link, conclusion after two seconds...leftwing nutso journalism site. Why waste your time with phoney claims of impartial journalism when the site is screaming at you otherwise.
Next

Sorry, we aren't so easily persuaded by the 'left-wing right-wing' jargon anymore. Are you honestly suggesting we drop this conversation about the rape of our global identity because you think it's 'leftwing nutso' to care about our country? Pseudoskepticism and Disinformation

What has happened to our country has been perpetrated by both parties and every administration since Kennedy. We know the truth and we're not going to lay down and blame a political party for what a group of mass-murdering satanic psychopathic criminals have done. Every puppet of the New World order is to blame for the situation we're in, and there are THOUSANDS of them, in both parties. Left wing right wing, who-the-hell-cares-wing, America wants justice and control of our armed forces. If the majority of us believe the Bush administration has destroyed our country, then we should have the right to kick their ass out and hold them accountable - the same goes for all democratic shills like Nancy Pelosi etc.

Political parties mean nothing to the dead and buried children in Iraq. They don't mean much to us either. The war should have been over years ago. Shame.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
So any election from any of those candidates would be
a continuation of the NWO Agenda.

I suppose you're right. What's the point in worrying about S&B when it's just been repackaged into the NWO? Great point.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Next

Actually, rawstory has usually been pretty good about their sources. I don't check up on them like I used to. But a few quick glances at the two sources they used on this particular story, and I could see where there could be some concern edging left. So that much I'll give you S8. But not in the proportions you are espousing, sorry.

As other posters are saying, we don't buy you just writing this all off anymore. It happened.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Bush, Blair and those around them were involved in a constant barrage of outright lies to steer us all towards war in Iraq. Anyone with an attention span longer than an episode of Eastenders could see that but none of it mattered.
These parasites rely on a dumbed down and unquestioning public to back them in their nasty little schemes - get them waving the flag and baying for blood because someone, somewhere, has allegedly done something to us, or may do sometime in the future and we're all in imminent danger

Those responsible for the lies should be put away for the rest of their lives for the death and suffering they have caused. Any alleged "war crimes" perpetrated under Saddam Husseins rule pale into insignificance compared to what our own leaders have done to the Iraqi people.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This has been my point in many threads.
Why is it that we are CONTINUOUSLY lied to to the MAXIMUM extent possible, yet no matter how large the scale, somehow, some people still believe the Government has some type of credability?

If there is no brainwashing of the masses going on here, then brainwashing doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Agreed. The left-right argument holds no water vs. the facts. Stop listening to the blabbermouths in the media trying to convince you that the "scary left wing" is going to steal America from you. In the last 7 years, your future and that of your children has been completely and obviously stolen right out from under you. If you still believe the company line, then I feel sorry for you.

The problem lies much deeper than this administration, however. We aren't taught critical thinking skills anymore. Whoever screams the loudest wins.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

<<   2  3  4 >>

join