It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question concerning attitudes towards Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have noticed while reading threads the last few days, quite a few people referring to police officers as "Pigs" and other such names. I don't wish to argue whether or not this is appropriate.

Instead, I pose a question to the people that view the police in this manner. It is obvious that you are unhappy with your local police department, or police officers in general. But my question is, do you wish that police officers did not exist? Do you maybe wish they operated in a different capacity?

I am just trying to understand the mentality. Do you wish for some kind of anarchy rule? Do you have any ideas how the law should be enforced by any different methods?

I am very curious what drives the anger towards Police Officers. I am not being judgemental, I couldn't care less what you call a certain professional, I am just curious.

If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to find a new home for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think the people that do call them that just wish they behaved in a better capacity. Some people just let their emotions get the better of them and say things they don't really mean. I have nothing against the ideas and principles that the police dept. is supposed to run on "to serve and protect the public/community etc." but it's undeniable that there is and always has been some form of corruption that has made its way inside.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I look at it like this: The police are nothing more than body taggers and report writers. They are reactive, and if I ever really "needed" them, they wouldnt be of much use to me anyways. I view police as what they really are: revenue agents for whatever jurisdiction they are operated by.

I am more than capable of protecting myself and my family, hence I have never needed them, nor can I imagine any scenario in the future when I would.

I know quite a few cops, both from when I ran a gun shop as well as meeting them while I am at the range. Some are dicks, some are genuinely nice people, but IMO, they are both equally useless to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I guess my concern would be what about the people that are not able to defend/protect themselves? I am all for more lenient police, but I am afraid of the people that would take advantage of this. I wish we were able to police ourselves, but it seems like more and more, we don't want to have anything do with our neighbors let alone help them when they need it. I don't know where the line should be drawn anymore.

Just yesterday, some low-life jerk here in Omaha posted up in a parking lot with a high-powered rifle, and shot some completely innocent girl in the head as she picked up her food from a drive through restaurant. I can't imagine what we would do in a situation like that without a police force. I guess string him up in the town center, but that is also scary.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by slackerwire

I guess my concern would be what about the people that are not able to defend/protect themselves? I am all for more lenient police, but I am afraid of the people that would take advantage of this. I wish we were able to police ourselves, but it seems like more and more, we don't want to have anything do with our neighbors let alone help them when they need it. I don't know where the line should be drawn anymore.

Just yesterday, some low-life jerk here in Omaha posted up in a parking lot with a high-powered rifle, and shot some completely innocent girl in the head as she picked up her food from a drive through restaurant. I can't imagine what we would do in a situation like that without a police force. I guess string him up in the town center, but that is also scary.

Well first, the police have no legal obligation or duty to protect anyone unless someone is in their custody. That comes directly from the Supreme Court.

Secondly, the girl still had her head blown off, what good did the police do? Catch the guy? Any number of armed citizens could have solved that problem as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, if nothing else you certainly answered my original question. I'm off to bed, maybe we can finish this tomorrow. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
its like fate
2 minutes ago I was commenting on police behavor and
now i see this tread at the top of the page....cool

ok..cops suck, they treat you like you are garbage.
they can be rude to you but if you are not PERFECTLY
polite to them then you will be in a world of hurt.

they look at you as if you are a potential ENEMY/CRIMINAL/TERRORIST.

its makes me sick .

of course I don`t mean all of them but the ones that SUCK really SUCK.

and there is NO EXCUSE FOR THIS in society.....NONE

what do we do? get rid of them?.....no that won`t work.

so ..Lets go to the ROOT of the problem instead.

the .............NEW WORLD ORDER / GLOBAL ELITE.....
just one example:
they make sure that lots of cocain is fed to the masses
then they turn around a cry" we must stop all the drugs and crime from drugs, ya thats it" and and and we will call it ...um....
"THE WAR ON DRUGS" ya ya thats it ......BS.....BS
........................Problem Reaction Solution

its getting real old, the same old false flag BS over and over again.

the elite manipulate everything so that it all seems NORMAL.
it actually seems NORMAL.....wow

I beg any police officer and or military soldier
to seriously re-evaluate their contribution to society.
look into the stories of the global elite and their
downright sick actions and mabey you will see
what is going on .
and mabey this will help you understand what your true
role in life might be.

its bad on the streets only because
"THEY/N.W.O" make it that way.
and they feed it constantly....chaos is their game.....war is their credo.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Maya432]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I have noticed while reading threads the last few days, quite a few people referring to police officers as "Pigs" and other such names. I don't wish to argue whether or not this is appropriate.

Instead, I pose a question to the people that view the police in this manner. It is obvious that you are unhappy with your local police department, or police officers in general. But my question is, do you wish that police officers did not exist? Do you maybe wish they operated in a different capacity?

I am just trying to understand the mentality. Do you wish for some kind of anarchy rule? Do you have any ideas how the law should be enforced by any different methods?

I am very curious what drives the anger towards Police Officers. I am not being judgemental, I couldn't care less what you call a certain professional, I am just curious.

If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to find a new home for it.

I think it is a pretty common theme to see people who have had incidents with, or have been in trouble with the law "hate on" police officers.

I would say that MOST law-abiding citizens do not have a negative view on cops.

~S

top topics

join