It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is holography currently available for use and misuse?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStars
You read into what I stated what you chose to interpret.

100% false.

You put forward magicians as proof that holographic technology exists, then subsequently put forth Patrick Swayze walking through a wall in Ghost as a specific example.

Please don't deny that you did that.
It's only like 10 posts back. People here can scroll.

Deliberately misinterpreting people is a sleazy tactic done by people who have no logical arguments.

You have yet to support your holograph "theories" with any tangible evidence whatsoever.

You calling me out for having no logical arguments is worse than when Brad Wesley accused Dalton of ruining his town after he'd been extorting the townspeople for years in the movie Roadhouse.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
"This answer is how I know you don't know much about lasers and optics."

you'd be wrong.

Your own comments say I'm not. You're digging your own hole.

And just so you know i never said that the projector used was definitively space based or airborne, i simply said that it was a possibility that an airborne projector may have been used.

Any projector at distance wouldn't work.

The fact that it is beyond the common held belief of what laser optics can and cant does not rightfully denounce the possibility that this tech might be far more advanced then what is commonly accepted.

We are all limited by the physics of reality. You can't stamp "TOP SECRET" on something and change physics.

And there is a number of ways the distance problem could be overcome in this instance i simply have no proof of it so there is no reason to go into detail.

If you know there are a number of instances, you would know what they are so post them. If you don't know what they are, you are making an uneducated guess-nothing more.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
^^Just to be clear, am i to understand you believe the army to be completely forthcoming and honest about the technology available to them and its supposed limitations?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

^^Just to be clear, am i to understand you believe the army to be completely forthcoming and honest about the technology available to them and its supposed limitations?

We are all limited by the physics of reality. You can't stamp "TOP SECRET" on something and change physics.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You are dodging the question.

Scientific theory's and the limitations of physics are CONSTANTLY changing, to claim that anything is rock steady and is not subject to advances and revisions is simply arrogant.

Now you gunna answer my question slick?

"Just to be clear, am i to understand you believe the army to be completely forthcoming and honest about the technology available to them and its supposed limitations?"

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You are dodging the question.

Scienitifc theriores and the limitations of physics are CONSTANTLY changing, to claim that anything is rock steady and is not subject to advances and revisions is simply arrogant.

Now you gunna answer my question slick?

"Just to be clear, am i to understand you believe the army to be completely forthcoming and honest about the technology available to them and its supposed limitations?"

Your question is honestly irrelevant. Of course their not forthcoming but the lack of evidence is not evidence. If that is your argument, you have no argument. Thats as reasonable as me asking you to prove or disprove gods existence.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

It's called a green screen and has nothing to do with holograms.

I attempted to search for Hollywood green plating special effects and could find nothing under that according to what you stated. I put in Hollywood green plating hologram, and came up with Hollywood special effects used in movies.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

That did answer my question, and i'm not sure i understand your one. When have singled out a use of lasers?

May i ask your proffesion or traingingor any qualifications you have that lead you to believe that holograms exist as you say they do?

The fact that you apparently do not understand thedifference between CGI and holography is telling that you have no idea what you are talking about...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

in reference to sin city

"This is one of the first films (along with Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Casshern, and Immortel (Ad Vitam)) to be shot primarily on a digital backlot. The film employed the use of the Sony HDC-950 high-definition digital camera, having the actors work in front of a green screen, that allowed for the artificial backgrounds (as well as some major foreground elements, such as cars) to be added later during the post-production stage"

full link

then your either not trying hard enough or just being ignorant

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You may be, but scientists have never allowed your type thinking get in their way of research and development in the area of physics and quantum mechanics. All you keep telling us is you have a very narrow view of life, and presume everyone else has the same view as you.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's called a green screen and has nothing to do with holograms.

I attempted to search for Hollywood green plating special effects and could find nothing under that according to what you stated. I put in Hollywood green plating hologram, and came up with Hollywood special effects used in movies.

I never mentioned anything about green PLATING.

I said, Green Screen. It's also known as Chroma Key.

Here's a youtube video on how to do your own green screen effects. No holographic projectors needed.

www.youtube.com...

Chroma key is a technique for mixing two images together, in which a color (or a small color range) from one image is removed (or made transparent), revealing another image behind it
en.wikipedia.org...

how to make a green screen
www.mediacollege.com...

there are also another 2 million hits for GREEN SCREEN.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You may be, but scientists have never allowed your type thinking get in their way of research and development in the area of physics and quantum mechanics. All you keep telling us is you have a very narrow view of life, and presume everyone else has the same view as you.

What you're saying is you believe in fairies and leprechauns. All I'm asking is that you back up your statements with evidence which you have failed to do at EVERY turn. I have backed up what I have said. You're making yourself look absolutely silly.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

That did answer my question, and i'm not sure i understand your one. When have singled out a use of lasers?

May i ask your proffesion or traingingor any qualifications you have that lead you to believe that holograms exist as you say they do?

The fact that you apparently do not understand thedifference between CGI and holography is telling that you have no idea what you are talking about...

I told you that holography in Hollywood special effects was all I could locate using the words "green plating".

What have your questions to do with this topic? The topic is holography, which is based in laser technology. Are you saying holography has not been used in Hollywood special effects over 20 years?

What has anyone's qualifications or lack thereof to do with the fact holography technology was developed via laser technology, indeed exists and has existed for well over 20 years?

Do you have anything relevant to write on laser technology, particularly holography?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Thank you once again for telling us all what a narrow view of life you have, particularly regarding science. Many of us do not and never did have.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You mean this?:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Bluescreen" redirects here. For the error screen, see Blue Screen of Death.
This article is about a special video effect. For the band of the same name, see Chroma Key.

The bluescreen setup. Shadows and uneven lighting can be corrected during the process.
The final imageChroma key is a technique for mixing two images together, in which a color (or a small color range) from one image is removed (or made transparent), revealing another image behind it. This technique is also referred to as color keying, colour-separation overlay (CSO; primarily by the BBC[1]), greenscreen, and bluescreen. It is commonly used for weather forecast broadcasts, wherein the presenter appears to be standing in front of a large map, but in the studio it is actually a large blue or green background.The meteorologist stands in front of a bluescreen, and then different weather maps are added on those parts in the image where the color is blue. If the meteorologist himself wears blue clothes, his clothes will become replaced with the background video. This also works for greenscreens, since blue and green are considered the colors least like skin tone. This technique is also used in the movie industry."

Why would they use the above when holograms are so much more realistic? They were were when the "Star Wars" and sequels were made. The biggest rave concerning "Star Wars" was the holographic special effects. Many people only went to see "Star Wars" for the holographic special effects.

www.geocities.com...

[Mod Edit: External quote formatting. Please use external quote tags. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 12/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I told you that holography in Hollywood special effects was all I could locate using the words "green plating".

What have your questions to do with this topic? The topic is holography, which is based in laser technology. Are you saying holography has not been used in Hollywood special effects over 20 years?

What has anyone's qualifications or lack thereof to do with the fact holography technology was developed via laser technology, indeed exists and has existed for well over 20 years?

Do you have anything relevant to write on laser technology, particularly holography?

Green plating? Nobody ever said that. Green Screen.

Yes the topic is holography, something you appranetly only grasp the bare neccesities of. Yes holograms have been in use for years, but NOT in hollywood effects and they are NOT the sci-fi stuff you're talking about, they are NOT capable at this current stage of doing what you say. You have NO proof that they are.

Qualifications are an indication that you have some idea what you are talking about. As you keep mixing up CGI with holograms it seems clear that you don't actually have an understanding of this subject at all.

You seem to see CGI effects from films as actual apparitions you can see in real life if you were on the set. This is NOT true. At all.

What you are talking about is simply not true or workable at this currentmoment in time. So my answer to your thread title is a resounding NO.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Ok, it is now very clear.

You don't understand the differnce between CGI and actual holograms you can see before you. That is what you ar basing this all on.

Move along people, he has no idea what he is talking about.

You see CGI effects in films are created in 3D graphics programs and then layered into films to see like something fantastical is actually there and occuring. As computers get better, these seem more and more realistic. However they cannot be seen as a 3D object in the world in the way you seem to think they do. The actors cannot see these things themselves, they have to act like they are there though, and digitaleffects are employed to add them into the finalfilm.

I repeat, they cannot be recreated as 3D illusions in the real world.

*EDIT* I'd just like to ask if you even read that starwars link you provided? If you did you couldn't possibly have understood it if you stil thinkactual holograms are employed asmovie effects...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Vector J]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Why didn't you use the proper term rather than the term you did, while confining the color to green?

Do you wish to contend holography was not used for special effects in "Ghost"? OK. What do have that supports your claim holography was not used?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

You did not appreciate what Wiki described? Why?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by IvanZana

Does it really confuse? Or should it make them think outside the box?

Speaking of boxes... The magician illusions referenced rarely if ever use holography in the sense you mean, but the certainly do use the branch of physics known as Optics:

Take one of those big, apparently empty boxes that magicians love to make women or elephants disappear in. The key is mirrors that reflect the back of the box and make it look empty. Using a correctly angled pair of mirrors, you can create a safe zone within the box. As long as the woman — or elephant — is standing in that safe zone, she can't be seen by the audience. This sort of principle has been used repeatedly to create crowd–pleasing illusions throughout magical history.

Source: Smoke and Mirrors

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join