It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is holography currently available for use and misuse?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Perhaps it is not helpful for you. However, to others it may be quite helpful.

You are certainly entitled to the opinion you do not believe it was used.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

i dont really buy into it either but it is an intresting theory none the less. Now if i was going to go for the this kind of theory it wouldnt be a 10 block radius of aerosol.
As im sure most of you know there were strange objects seen flying in close proximity to the aeroplanes that some said were guidance systems missiles etc.
If they were to project an image surely a stream of holographic medium trailing behind a smaller propelled device fitted with a projector would
A) get rid of the distance problem
B) leave no trace as it would be destroyed with the building
C) would need to cover a HUGE area with a very dense cloud

Well thats how id do it if i had the technology :]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Please tell me which magician has said they use holograms and cite example.

Originally posted by OrionStars
The magician who made people believe there was an actual "treasure room" toward the end of "National Treasure".

The magician who made Patrick Swayze appear to jump through a door in "Ghost".

Sweet merciful crap.

Mods:

Please note that he just referenced Patrick Swayze as proof that the government pulled off 9/11.

In terms of “9/11 Madness”, I consider this to be entrapment.

Please help us.

Swayze, dammit. Swayze.

Please. You’re our only hope.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Can holography effectively be used outdoors? Yes, it definitely could be since at least the year 2000. It dates back for successful development further than that. The hologram can appear to be a 3-D anything a tech wants it to be. Like I said - holograms and any other laser beams shot from land, sea, or air have indeed been possible for many years. It is the same laser technology principle on which DEW works but not lethal.

www.beam-inc.be...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

Please now, that link is not in english and clearly shows the use of PROJECTIONS outdoors and holograms INDOORS.
This does not back up your claim or add anything whatsoever to the discussion, and i use that term loosely at this stage

[edit on 23-1-2008 by T.Smith]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Then there is also this:

charleshamel.com...

"To make a hologram, the object of the photograph is first bathed in the light of a laser beam. Then, a second laser beam is bounced off the reflected light of the first, and the resulting interference pattern, the area where the two laser beams commingle, is captured on film. When the film is developed, it looks like a meaningless swirl of light and dark lines. But as soon as it is developed, the film is illuminated by another laser beam and a three-dimensional image of the original object appears.

Three dimensionality of such images is not the only remarkable characteristic of holograms. If a hologram of a rose is cut in half and then illuminated by a laser, each half will still be found to contain the entire image of the rose. If the images are divided again and again, each piece will contain a smaller, but intact version of the original image."'

The following could possibly explain why people said they had audio problems, at the alleged moment, an alleged plane was not seen impacting any double steel walls of either twin tower. That metal surrounding those holes or "holes" was too left vertical and too clean cut to have been impacted from the outside any physical object.

"A brief history of quantum mechanics.

Galileo was the first person to estimate the speed of light. Seventy years later, the Danish astronomer Olaf Romer became the first scientist to calculate the speed of light by using astronomical observations of the eclipses of the moons of Jupiter. In the late 1600’s, Christiaan Huygens and Robert Hook proposed that there is that light is a wave. In 1859 Gustav Kirchoff, while noticing that metals turn colors in varying degrees of being heated, proved a theorem about blackbody radiation. A blackbody is an object that absorbs all energies that fall upon it, and because it reflects no light, it appears black to the observer. Then as you heat an object, it gives off visible radiation and heat. In 1887, Heinrich Rudolf Hertz conducted his experiments that produced radio waves."

[Mod Edit: External quote tags added. Please see New Site Tag For Quoting External Sources. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 12/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about from the fact that you stated that holographs were used for the effects in National Treasure and for giving Swayze his 'ghostly' appearenace in Ghost. By extention, was Quatum Leap a covert way of teling us all this because Al, who played a hologram in it, did the same stuff as Swayze, and theirfore according to you, actually was a hologram?

Have you ever heard of CGI? Do you understand what it is? Do you have any kind of scientific background that helps you take more from the OP article than its purpose to simply say 'hey,this is an explination of the theory of how some holographs are made' that gives you the confidence to state as fact that ridiculously advanced technology making use of this is infact in existence?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

So to answer your question it is not necessarily possible to OVERCOME the distance factor but it is possible to come close to overcoming it. Thus creating a shaky crappy illusion just good enough to fool a few people.

This answer is how I know you don't know much about lasers and optics. I'm not trying to be rude but here's the deal, you can't almost overcome the distance problem. You see there is this thing called dispersion. Laser light disperses or cones out at a distance. The further the distance, the larger the termination point of the laser.

So lets look at it like this:
Let's say you have a nice clear picture because you have a lot of tiny pixels packed close together. Due to dispersion, those pixels would be huge if the laser was at any distance at all. So it's not as if you'd have an OK picture, you would only have various large dots that would not make up any coherent shape.

Of course this isn't the only physical limitation but it is a big one.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Can holography effectively be used outdoors? Yes, it definitely could be since at least the year 2000. It dates back for successful development further than that. The hologram can appear to be a 3-D anything a tech wants it to be. Like I said - holograms and any other laser beams shot from land, sea, or air have indeed been possible for many years. It is the same laser technology principle on which DEW works but not lethal.

www.beam-inc.be...

Since you can't back up any of this, or you would post it here, this is obviously only your opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Essedarius

Where did you read that? Nowhere. You read into what I stated what you chose to interpret. Deliberately misinterpreting people is a sleazy tactic done by people who have no logical arguments. They just like to illogically argue to argue.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

I was referring to the illusion of appearing to jump though walls. I have no idea how much clearer I could have made it. I will try. The wall was a hologram not Patrick Swayze. The same way it was a blue blank screen before adding the hologram of a "treasure room".

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This is from the link you posted also

The Chrysilladome is a lightweight orgone plated super pyramid with an outer layer of natural pure diamond crystals. When worn on the head accelerates the brain into quantum entanglement focusing mode.

Oh my god this site talks about PYRAMID HATS !!!! I thought that crap went out in the 70's with the pet freakin rock !!!

I'll give you this though, you did actually post a summary with a link so that does get a thumbs up from me

But pyramid hats???? come on

That so made my night

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Please do a little homework before ou post as you are starting to look a little foolish. Blue screen technology is C.G.I these are computer generated images (refer to the link i so kindly gave you) NOT holgrams/holographs, they are not projected real world, reather added to the blank screen later via computer software

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I was referring to the illusion of appearing to jump though walls. I have no idea how much clearer I could have made it. I will try. The wall was a hologram not Patrick Swayze. The same way it was a blue blank screen before adding the hologram of a "treasure room".

It's called a green screen and has nothing to do with holograms.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Computer Generated Imagery DOES NOT EQUAL Holograms.

He was on a blue or green screen falling, and then edited into the shot of a closed door. The treasure rooms was also CGI. Not holograms.

Why do you insist they are the same?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by T.Smith

Anything discussing holograms is relevant to this topic. What don't you comprehend when I said I did not start out intending to prove anything about 9/11/2001? It was always an intended discussion as to whether or not holograms could have been used on 9/11/2001.

Someone asserted, in another discussion, holography is "alien technology" I have definitely established it is not and never was. Unless, someone wants to prove it did come from aliens from outer space from somewhere in time and space.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"This answer is how I know you don't know much about lasers and optics."

you'd be wrong.

And just so you know i never said that the projector used was definitively space based or airborne, i simply said that it was a possibility that an airborne projector may have been used. The fact that it is beyond the common held belief of what laser optics can and cant does not rightfully denounce the possibility that this tech might be far more advanced then what is commonly accepted.

And there is a number of ways the distance problem could be overcome in this instance i simply have no proof of it so there is no reason to go into detail.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Why are you designating any one particular use of lasers? Do think that is all there for use? Besides, I just linked in more science related to laser technology. Have you read it yet?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OK here's a good link for those interested in REAL military applications of holograms

www.defensetech.org...

Here's some highlights from the site

Real life holograms are a lot more limited, so I was interested to see this study carried by Dr David Watt on Holograms As Nonlethal Weapons for NTIC, the Nonlethal Technology Innovations Center in New Hampshire.

Real holograms will not fool people at short range and they do not move, nor can they be ‘projected’ into a remote location. But they might still have their uses.

The human eye is difficult to fool, notes Dr Watt, but infra-red sensors are much less sophisticated – there is no need for the same level of colour fidelity. An infra-red hologram of a vehicle could make a very convincing decoy. Automated systems (such as missile guidance) with no humans to spot the flaws should be particularly easy to fool. However, as Watt points out the technology does not yet exist to create infra-red holograms.

Watt’s conclusion is “Fascinating, but…” –- there are just too many limitations at present. Size limits and material restrictions are a real problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The images in films you are talking about are NOT holograms, will you please listen to what i and numerous other people are saying and take it in. We are listening to you providing links and info and asking you to back yourself up you are posting irrelevant links and getting yourself confused

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join