It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is holography currently available for use and misuse?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
I just had another thought about the imaginary projector. Wouldn't the projector need to be perfectly stationary to project smoothly? For example, when using construction lasers at a distance, you have a massive movement at the ending point of the laser when only moving the laser itself minutely.

Well, when making holograms (and i mean holograms, not "holograms" - imaginary mid air projections), the entire assembly has to be completelly motionless. A slightest vibration could mess up the interference pattern and ruin the hologram.

This is why the table they work on weighs a couple of tons.

If a volumetric projection system was possible, whatever it's parts would be, they would probably have to be completelly motionless in relation to each other (like for intersecting two beams focused to 1/10 the width of a human hair).

But if the entire projector would move, all that would happen is, that the projection would move as well. If the projection is only a short distance away, this might go by unnoticed.
But at a longer distance, the same angular velocity means a much larger shake in the projection..

At a very long distance, a very small shake could mean, that the plane would be jumping up and down, or left and right by a few meters..

A completelly motionless platform would be best for this, but i would add three extreemely sensitive gyroscopes, for compensation of even the slightest motion. The projection stability could be further increased, by the projector recording the surroundings, finding a reference point, and use it to compare it to the gyro readings and figure out the best correction. All this would have to be done in real time.

Most of what i just wrote is very possible to do. The only problem is actually projecting something..

But hey, since we're talking about an imaginary technology, if it existed, this is how i'd do it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deezee

With my last few posts, the point I'm trying to make is that with regard to some parts of the process, the items may not be impossible to accomplish themselves such as the motionless platform, but putting them all together should start to show how really absurd this idea is. Yes a motionless platform can be made but where would the government hide it in the city where no buildings would be in the way and where it wouldn't be seen by anyone during setup or use.

So why go through with these incredibly challenging steps to begin with? Just use a real plane and avoid the banks of super computers in trucks with special cooling units, the big motionless platform, mounting projectors, etc...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123
There are those who would have us believe it could be accomplished from airborne platforms complete with surround sound which is strictly in the realm of science fiction.

Ever wondered why the most outrageous conspiracy theories always sound like the plot of a James Bond movie?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
So why go through with these incredibly challenging steps to begin with? Just use a real plane and avoid the banks of super computers in trucks with special cooling units, the big motionless platform, mounting projectors, etc...

Exactly, why not just use a plane...

Even if "holograms" were possible, there are millions of reasons a real plane would be better.

All ideas like these achieve is make ALL the theories look crazy, even the ones, that might be true.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
reply to post by jfj123
There are those who would have us believe it could be accomplished from airborne platforms

They say this yet provide absolutely no evidence to support it-as per usual
I can say I'm king of the universe but it doesn't make it so

Ever wondered why the most outrageous conspiracy theories always sound like the plot of a James Bond movie?

Because they've watched too many james bond movies???

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deezee

Hey guys, since we've been talking about lasers, I thought you might find this article interesting.

HERCULES. Intentionally named in all caps by University of Michigan gurus in order to highlight its awesomeness, said laser contains 300 terawatts of power (or 300 times the capacity of the entire US electricity grid)

www.engadget.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123HERCULES. Intentionally named in all caps by University of Michigan gurus in order to highlight its awesomeness, said laser contains 300 terawatts of power (or 300 times the capacity of the entire US electricity grid)

Can't wait, till they make a hand held version of it..

It's an amazing device, even tho those pulses are just 30 femtoseconds long (30 millionth of a billionth of a second). It's not like you can keep it on for a while to "enjoy" the beam... After that it takes 10 seconds to recharge, which is actually amazingly fast.

Oh well.. It's a bit to pricey for me, and it doesn't fit into the pocket anyway, so...

Instead i just built two more red ones and fixed a green one for practice, before the next two blue arrive. Don't want to kill those again. Need them for my A-RGB setup..

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

´´ However, please give free thinking opportunity to those who do wish to consider it, without people having to be bombarded with red herring and ad hominem deflections thrown at free thinking people.´´

wild, unbased speculation is NEVER thinking.
sorry.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When Seeing and Hearing Isn't Believing
www.washingtonpost.com...

What if the U.S. projected a holographic image of Allah floating over Baghdad?

Allah on the Holodeck

Pentagon planners started to discuss digital morphing after Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990. Covert operators kicked around the idea of creating a computer-faked videotape of Saddam Hussein crying or showing other such manly weaknesses, or in some sexually compromising situation. The nascent plan was for the tapes to be flooded into Iraq and the Arab world.

The tape war never proceeded, killed, participants say, by bureaucratic fights over jurisdiction, skepticism over the technology, and concerns raised by Arab coalition partners.

But the "strategic" PSYOPS scheming didn't die. What if the U.S. projected a holographic image of Allah floating over Baghdad urging the Iraqi people and Army to rise up against Saddam, a senior Air Force officer asked in 1990?

The Gulf War hologram story might be dismissed were it not the case that washingtonpost.com has learned that a super secret program was established in 1994 to pursue the very technology for PSYOPS application. The "Holographic Projector" is described in a classified Air Force document as a system to "project information power from space ... for special operations deception missions."

I think I hear John laughing...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
When Seeing and Hearing Isn't Believing

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We have had the C-130 Commando Solo around for years. So psypos has been around along time.

Here are some of the things it broadcast in Iraq.
www.psywarrior.com...

DARPA budget also shows lots of money going towards holograph projects.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

i agree and also feel alot of the chemtrails are getting the sky ready for a huge holography false flag of some kind.

its like they are making a giant lcd LOL.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1
We have had the C-130 Commando Solo around for years.

HOLY COW Batbird!!!! Thats several month's of work you just dumped on me

Thanks anyway

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by adampants2007

Adampants, i actually just joined to say thanks for the lengthy post.

I've had a few wierd experiences of late from shooting stars morphing in to blue translucent pulsating orbs and floating down to where i was standing and pulsing in size from the size of a house to the size of a crystal ball which i could hold in my hand and from there back to etheric squids in a fog-machin filled blue bubble and flying around.. and the *stars* rearranging themselves into the sri yantra.. with each *experience* i had the feeling that benevolent *things* kept on repeating what they were doing untill i finally saw and *got it*.

It was a definetly a case of seeing beyond the limits of my normal perception
.. so thanks, you've given me something to think about .

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Guys, please don't be mad for reviving this thread that is years old all of a sudden. I just wanted to point out that at the page 24 of this thread there's a terrific explanation of 4D reality by the user adampants 2007 written in several posts. It's best thing I've seen related to that, so I must recommend it.
He talks about his first hand experiences and he's eloquent and intelligent enough to explain it well, so #'s cash. You should definitely read it.
edit on 23-7-2014 by creativespirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just come across this post whilst researching these forums and at last I find somebody that isn’t on auto repeat. I find it hard to discuss any topic with people in general for the simple fact they usually like the sound of their own voice or they quote from text books fuelling their ego awaiting the pat on the back from any other onlooking indoctrinated parasite. The world I was born into was to be explored by my self without the need of a tour guide who’s quick to tell me how to get from a to b willingly holding my hand to make sure I get there whilst feeding my mind with the directions only to convert my mind from an open onlooking ever observing intuitive being into a drone like satnav firing on one cylinder.
Be your self people, be true to your self.
a reply to: adampants2007

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MattGilligan

Fantasy in not fact. Repeating the same conspiracy theories with total disregard for science, and relying totally on fantasy, will never make them true.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If fantasy is something that is the result of inner knowledge that resonates to the surface when triggered by the truth uttered by the lips of others then I’m a fantasist.

a reply to: neutronflux

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionStars

lol wtf are you talking about hahahahaha

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionStars

"They use it in Hollywood all the time. Surely people did not think what they viewed on screen was all real did they? In sci-fi and action movies, a great deal of it can be hologram, i.e. "National Treasure"."

no, most of it is greenscreen, not holograms, oh and this statement "a great deal of it "CAN" be hologram" is just laughable at best

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join