It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My opinion on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is a very hot topic on ATS. There are many theories that have sprung up around the attacks on the World Trade Center, each revolving around the idea that the U.S. Government was somehow complicit in the attacks, either planning them or simply allowing them to happen in order to advance their own agenda by invading oil-rich countries.

Whichever way you look at it, the Bush government has benefited tremendously from this tragic event and since it's this is THE alternative website to the mainstream, it was only apt before everyone started to make their own theories on what really happened. Some have written good arguments that the U.S. government were involved so they could make a monopoly on the export of oil markets in East Asia to help the falling giant Enron get back on it's feet. Enron had been pushing for a pipeline to the Caspian sea in Afghanistan to recover some of their losses and transfer it's interests away from oil into natural gas.

I've went through quite a bit of evidence, and I have came to the conclusion that the hijackers did hijack the planes and that it was orchestrated by hardcore elements in al-Qaeda, in collaboration with an al-Qaeda cell in Hamburg, Germany led by the Egyptian Mohammed Atta. Atta met fellow students who shared his views at Hamburg University. He met Ramzi bin al-Shibh from Yemen, Marwan al-Shehhi from the UAE and Ziad Jarrah from Lebanon. The German prosecutors believe this is when the cell was fully formed, and the German intelligence people believe that they travelled to Afghanistan in 1999 to gain funding for their plan to carry out a frightening attack on the US mainland.

By July 2000, the entire Hamburg cell were in America with the exception of Ramzi al-Shibh who could not gain a visa and was replaced by a Frenchman called Zacarias Moussaoui. It is also confirmed that al-Shenhi opened up a joint account with Atta at a SunTrust bank in Florida and had a sum worth $109,500 transferred from Dubai. Who transferred this money is unknown, presumably an affluent Arab with connections or some scheming moneyman.
It should also be noted that al-Qaeda chose Arabs to do this mission because they could get visas with little trouble.

So, in my view, the 9/11 attacks were carefully planned by al-Qaeda members, and it turned out extremely well for the U.S. president and the oil industry. Whether or not the U.S let it happen is open to debate.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Some theorists on this site have suggested that it was a cruise missile that hit the Pentagon and not Flight 77. More blame can be put on al-Qaeda that would then provide the perfect excuse to invade Afghanistan. However, this hypothesis is flawed, due to the fact that it doesn't explain what happened to Flight 77 when it took off from Washington DC that morning. Some theorists also claim that since there is no debris, then it wasn't a plane that crashed into the Pentagon. Well, at that speed and heat, any recognisable plane debris would've been burnt up instantly.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Hey! you cant come here and post that nonsense! Might as well I say it before anyone else does!

In all reality I agree very much with what you said, even with your closing statement that maybe the U.S. let it happen, but before you find it the hard way, let me tell you that your position wont make you many friends here.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

I've went through quite a bit of evidence, and I have came to the conclusion that the hijackers did hijack the planes and that it was orchestrated by hardcore elements in al-Qaeda

For me, it all leads up to one thing. Al Qeida was set up by the CIA. This has been proven. It is NOT accepted in the mainstream, or even discussed in most 9/11 threads.

So while there is so much heated debate about "The government blew the towers" and "Al Qeida did it, our government was not involved." We can actually draw a clear line between the two...

the criminal agency within our government known as the CIA is responsible for Al Qeida, therefore, the 9/11 fiasco is STILL the product of our own government.

This is a fact that people like Ron Paul have an impossibly hard time imparting to the American public... because it just inches ever closer to blowing the lid off the criminal element of our government. It IS out of control, the CIA has been doing insane things like this since we were all children, and it's NEVER going to be easy for the public to admit this to themselves.

We shouldn't have to say 'America brought 9/11 on itself.'

That's just the way 'THEY' have phrased the situation to make 9/11 truthers sound insane. It is not the American people or even the legitimate government that's responsible, it's the criminal element within the CIA which has been operating since Bush Sr. was in charge of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, I don't want to make friends. It's a more plausible theory then holographic planes.

And there is no evidence of working holographic technology on that scale either.

[edit on 23/1/08 by MacDonagh]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

I don't believe the hologram thing either, but just because you/I don't believe it, doeesn't make the technology impossible/not real.
The Government has technology at least 20 years in advance of what we see now.

The sr-71 blackbird is an example of that, and that was in the 60's that that was first used. My guess is that they (the govt) began working on that in the 40's but I'm not positive.

I currently have a light jacket with an f-22 raptor stitched on the back, I had that jacket for 5 years before it (the plane) was revealed to the public.

So to say the technology doesn't exist simply is not true. It may not exist, but by the same token, it may exist.

Oh, and by the way, I work with a guy who claims the US weaponized space in the 60's. He said he worked on the computer programs in the 60's. He did work for the government (that much I know) and, claims he had top secret clearance or better. He also said Cheney is not a guy you want to cross. He said he has sat in on meetings and Cheney was present.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

OK, let's try out this 'twenty years ahead' theory. Supposing that they are twenty years ahead, what comes after blu-ray? :p

On a note, The Internet that we are all using was created by the U.S. military in order to ensure that computers could still share data in the event of nuclear war, or natural catastrophes. They came up with the ARPANET. This was in 1962, and they were obviously limited due to the size of the mainframes and limited computer resources. Progress wasn't made until after The National Science Foundation made their NSFNET in the mid 1980s. What I'm trying to show you is that even if they have planned these things out twenty years before hand, they probably had to wait another twenty years before any progress was possible, due to the costs of the materials involved, or the fact, the technology just wasn't there.

If they are 20 years ahead in terms of technology, what kind of technology are they using right now? Higher spec PCs that can fit in their pockets? Fully interactive holograms? I just don't believe it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Higher spec PCs that can fit in their pockets? Fully interactive holograms? I just don't believe it.

Believe what you may.

Pocket pc AND interactive holograms.

bigmarketing.wordpress.com...

Has something changed with posting pics? I have been having trouble posting pics all day.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I will Griff. There isn't a working prototype for that sort of system. That said, there will be one day. Those are just props showing off a concept.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ok. How about this then?

The Heliodisplay is an awesome interactive tactile 3D display that projects images in midair that one can “touch”, causing the objects to react. OhGizmo secured an interview with the inventor of this technology, Chad Dyner.

www.gearlive.com...

ohgizmo.com...

And it has been invented already.

Note the "in mid-air" also. Meaning no substrate is needed for the projection. At least that is what I got out of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's certainly really cool to think that such a thing has been developed but it'll take years and years before it's suitable for public consumption. It'll also cost a pretty penny to buy once it's released. However, that isn't proof that they are twenty years ahead of us.

[edit on 23/1/08 by MacDonagh]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

in collaboration with an al-Qaeda cell in Hamburg, Germany led by the Egyptian Mohammed Atta

i don't think Atta would have been having breakfast with the president DURING the attack if it was him.

top topics

join