It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabbalah & Oral Tradition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Kabbalah afficianado's have claimed that originally this knowledge was only passed down via oral tradition and its deepest secrets were not recorded.

I've also noticed that certain secret societies also use oral tradition to pass on their esoteric knowledge and forbid recording it in any form.

When doing some research on Abramelin's own kabballistic studies, he supposes that anything which has ever been recorded can be recreated through kabbalistic means:

Chapter 11 Excerpt

For those who take the kabbalah seriously, this would justify their reasoning. This would also imply that searching for such secret documents, books, notes, etc would be futile.

Just an observation...maybe nothing, but who knows really....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Personally, I think that Kabalah is a very useful tool. And as you mentioned, the books (whether ancient or modern) are not anywhere near as important as understanding and personal experience.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have read a little about the Kabbalah, and was surprised at how the concepts went along with a few quantum physics theories. Can anyone suggest some good reading material to learn more?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida
I have read a little about the Kabbalah, and was surprised at how the concepts went along with a few quantum physics theories. Can anyone suggest some good reading material to learn more?

"God Is A Verb" by Rabbi David Cooper. This is a contemporary book on traditional Kabalah that is informative and enjoyable.

If you are interested in even deeper studies of Qabalah, I would recommend:

The Zohar

Sepher Yetzirah

You may also want to consider enrolling as a student member in Builders of the Adytum, which contains an excellent curriculum for the Kabalistic seeker.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
as ML mentioned above the Zohar and Sefer Yetzirah are great books (volumes of books in the case of the Zohar). In the case of the Sefer I like Aryeh Kaplans version sold at amazon.

BOTA who ML turned me unto and Im now a member is great for Hermetic Kabbalah

the purest Rabbinical Kabbalah I have found online is at the www.arionline.info

they offer free internet courses, beginner, intermediate, and advanced capped off with an Israel retreat.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by romanowski]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone is going to get far with Kabbalah unless they are fluent in Hebrew and have the closest of relationships with Torah and Mitzvot.

Be Well!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albin
I don't think that anyone is going to get far with Kabbalah unless they are fluent in Hebrew and have the closest of relationships with Torah and Mitzvot.

It depends on what you mean by "Kabalah". Obviously, if one is interested in the classical Jewish Kabalah, those things are necessary. But if one studies Kabalah from the hermetic perspective, those things are not completely needed, outside of a rudimentary knowledge of the Hebrew alphabet and biblical symbolism.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cabala is just a vocal vibrations (frequencies) technique to tune with Levanah in order to transmit to the place that the caballistic session take place, holograms of YHWH subordinate entities with the use of technology(physical laws) to the fearful bilievers , bilievers who are left to think that this communication is of so-called spiritual-supernatural origin!!

new topics

top topics

join