It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights Wiki Edited By Army National Guard Bureau

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
What's wrong with that edit? The statement is 100% correct. What does it matter who wrote it if it is a fact?

Well, it's not definitive, but if someone found to originate from a gubmint site bothers to change input on a fringe topic, it raises eyebrows.

If I didn't believe in, oh, say, Leprechauns, I don't think I'd be surfing Leprechaun sites and topics, changing things or editing content. I simply couldn't be bothered. In addition, I'm sure it would be grounds for dismissal if caught.

As the poster above says, though, it could be a bored employee changing info.

If it was a top secret operative, then he'd change it using an innocent site, or leave it alone, most likely the latter.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I never revealed what I personally think of the edits. I did not state how I felt about them in the original post. You could interpret the edits in many different ways.

One person may say that they are covering up the story. Another person may say that they are providing plausible information.

The only thing I found suspicious is that they would even want to edit the story. This must mean that they must take it seriously (or they were bored).

Perhaps they just want to tell their side of the story and provide some plausible information (the analysis info).

Nobody in this thread mentioned this part though. Their edits were edited by regular people. The national guard edits are no longer in the article.

So if you view editing Wikipedia as a place to spread disinformation, remember that it goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a flag and star for your post, dulcimer

as for my opinion, i agree with thebeard that it might possibly just be someone at the base who has an interest in the subject. For the most part, whoever contributed the edits added to the entry and got rid of some ambiguity, but I agree that edit #3 is a bit strange. Edit #6 might raise some eyebrows too (they changed a webpage source to a newsprint source - not sure of the printed sources veracity)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I did some more digging on this guys wikipedia editing history and it seems he has a sense of humor. Maybe he was just playing a game but in the Mermaid article he (or she, but probably he) edited it to include "Mermaids often have large mamories (breasts) and are real"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
this thread should be stickied.

****ing ridiculous.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Haha, the government has nothing to hide, but they sure seem to care a lot about what people think with respect to UFOs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join