It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Fantasy Film Ever!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Beowulf. It was an awesome epic story, really, completely awesome. Then they made it computer gen. and cast Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mom and everything went downhill from there.

It was so bad it was funny.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

What was up with the nude fight scene? Seriously, they wouldn't show any thing so why have him naked during the whole fight? Bleh, that movie sucked.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Would have been much better as a nude fight scene with a nude, non-serpentine Angelina Jolie...

I just can't imagine fighting anything with teeth and claws with my twig and berries danglin'.....

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Beowulf. It was an awesome epic story, really, completely awesome. Then they made it computer gen. and cast Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mom and everything went downhill from there.

It was so bad it was funny.

That movie did suck. Thirteenth Warrior was a much better version of the Beowulf story.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Leprechaun 2 was the best one out of the series.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Battlefield earth.. Sci-fi

Dungeons and dragons... adventure

Da Hip Hop Witch.... horror

all of 'em are truly awful films...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have to agree with the D&D movie...even being a huge fan of the game itself...

The movie completely blew...(even Jeremy Irons couldn't save it...)

They used some weird generic world setting, and awful characters when they have novels upon novels of great settings, characters, and stories to choose from....

A D&D movie had the potential to create a Lord of the Rings like franchise, but they obviously just tried to crank it out quick....and simply didn't do the subject matter any justice at all....

And Battlefield Earth...
Ugh...a boring book made into an even more boring movie...."Leverage"...ugh...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hands down, no debate entered into.

The worst science fiction film of all time is the one listed on IMDB as "The Bubble" with Michael Cole (of Mod Squad infamy). The film has had several titles in order to dodge the putrid review that followed it around including "Fantastic Invasion of Planet Earth" and "The Zoo".

The in theater posters showed Michael Cole protected the Damsel in Distress with a ray gun while alien spaceships buzzed around in the distance. Needless to say there were NO ray guns, NO requirement to protect the Damsel in Distress, and NO alien spaceships. Just a town apparently trapped under some giant glass bubble like a kid might put a glass jar over the entrance to an ant hill.

Freud said: "Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar". Sometimes films like "Plan 9 from Outer Space" are so bad they are funny and have charm. Well, sometimes films are just dreck, and this is one of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

I would agree that the film of Battlefield Earth is poor and there is some much more than could have been taken from the book and used to make a better film. The film is about third of the book and the later part of the book could make a better film.

I would like to put forward Mammoth for your consideration.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Twilight!

Just plain awful

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would have to say Troll 2 is definitely the worst.

Talk about the most terrible acting I have ever seen!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

I actually liked Aeon Flux.

This is more horror but:

Leviathan
Body Parts

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Anyone of the DeathStalker series, and Hawk the Slayer lol totally garbage but cult classics always worth the laugh

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Fantasy- Beowulf

Kept waiting for it to get going, then it was over. Two hours of my life I definitely want back!

Horror- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Movie, not TV series)

Complete and utter tripe! It was so bad that I never watched the first season of the TV series until it came out on DVD (and I loved the series!). Hell, I'm surprised they let Joss Whedon make the series after the sorry @ss excuse for a movie!

SciFi- District 9

Slow paced with a really crappy plot. I was overjoyed when the credits started rolling. Unfit for late night basic cable, if you ask me!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

I agree, BATTLEFIELD EARTH was horrible, just like Battle Planet.... that was garbage!!! :shk:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You obviously never heard of Turkish Starwars LOL

It literally RIPS clips from Starwars EP4 and pieces itself together to make something entirely different:

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Twilight!

Just plain awful

I know right? I mean, if vampires just "sparkled" in sunlight, we'd all be ruled by them. Take away that vulnerability, and they are basically gods... I realize the author of the books the film was based on just liked the vampire romance angle, but dang...

If you take away this basic vulnerability, you make vampires nearly unstoppable (something the Vampire Diaries tv show does as well, with every vamp in the show possessing a magic ring to protect against the sun...as if they came in every box of Cracker Jacks...)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ah yes, most of my least favorite sci fi movies where mentioned except for what is IMO the king of them all.

Anyone remember Blade Runner?

:bnghd:

Need I say more.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Most consider Blade Runner to be one of the tops, but for me, I really have to be in the mood for that one....

I would have to say Troll 2 is definitely the worst.

Talk about the most terrible acting I have ever seen!

Wow, that warranted a sequel? Of course, real geeks know this (first movie) was where Rowling got her name of "Harry Potter" from, hehe....

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Not SciFi, but definitely a contender for worst film ever...

Gymkata.

Yes, a martial arts action film about a kick ass gymnast.

:bash:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join