It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies found in Hierakonpolis dig site!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The earliest documented zombie's in recorded history may have been found at the archaeological dig at Hierakonpolis.

www.archaeology.org

Hierakonpolis is a site famous for its many "firsts," so many, in fact, it is not easy to keep track of them all. So we are grateful(?) to Max Brooks for bringing to our attention that the site can also claim the title to the earliest recorded zombie attack in history. In his magisterial tome, The Zombie Survival Guide (2003), he informs us that in 1892, a British dig at Hierakonpolis unearthed a nondescript tomb containing a partially decomposed body, whose brain had been infected with the virus (Solanum) that turns people into zombies. In addition, thousands of scratch marks adorned every surface of the tomb, as if the corpse had tried to claw its way out!

However here we are concerned with real zombies, reanimated bodies of the recent dead who are driven by an urge to consume living people, in turn, creating more zombies. The idea that zombies are supernatural beings needs to be discarded. They are not the Spawn of Hell, although, they certainly look the part. They are, or were, people who were infected by the Solanum virus. The virus creates a zombie by eating away the frontal lobe of the brain for replication, thus destroying it. The virus mutates the brain and allows the brain to remain alive but dormant and without the need for oxygen. Once the mutation is complete, approximately 23 hours from infection to fully functioning zombie, the ghoul will be on the unending search for living human flesh, thus spreading the infection (Brooks 2003: 2).

archaeologists with nothing better to do. The best part is all the sites that are running with the story, classic stuff.

hitsusa.com/blog

tailrank.com

touregypt.net

ROFLMAO

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Scary stuff...

Good thing I'm prepared for any emergency.

Mod Edit: New Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Check out www.zombieworldnews.com.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzyone

Yeah, I actually write articles for that site. Its pretty awesome. Oh and love that picture of the emergency zombie defense station

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

One recent expedition to Iraq believes that they have uncovered a cuneiform tablet inscribed with the Sumerian word for "zombie." Though others have translated it as "turnip."

Arctic or subarctic environments are considered the "hottest" danger zones because a reanimated ghoul may thaw even after centuries of frozen imprisonment; another reason to be concerned about global warming.

Heh, that's pretty cool. Good thing it's a joke though.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hey! That's quite a coincidence. So do I!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
By golly, you're right, mojo. I just checked my handy dandy Zombie Survival Guide.

Good thing I've got my sharp sword ready to lop off some zombie heads...grrr...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
By golly, you're right, mojo. I just checked my handy dandy Zombie Survival Guide.

Good thing I've got my sharp sword ready to lop off some zombie heads...grrr...

Double barrel and a chainsaw be my zombie weapons of choice.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Heh,

In my travels I meet tons of zombe lovers, my ex of 4 yrs was one. loved the movies, read the books, made zombie inspired art, etc.

So, me being openly religious to those close to me, they are all too familiar with the part of Revelation where it says the dead will walk the earth etc. Now, me personally, I thought it was just symbolic, like mentally dead .. zombies .. but not literally corpses. Most take it literally though, to which Ive never had a logical explanation.

This must be the only way, in theory, for zombie to really exist you know. Some sort of organism, virus, whatever, that takes over the brain and reanimates the reptilian portion as they say, or the brain stem area.

I know it is fiction, or some say psuedo-fiction, but it does make sense that this is how such a prophecy could be fulfilled literally, kinda spooky.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
thats what made this so good, the first part of this link actually made me think twice, which is why so many different sites picked up on it. funny #.
The Haitian zombie voodoo spells are a good case in point, which imo are more likely a trance like state entered into with the use of "certain" chemicals. I can attest to the powers of one such naturally occuring chemical but can not do so publically on this forum without breaching the T&C.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Um, forgive my ignorance, but is this for real? Did they actually uncover what they thought to be an ancient zombie place or somethin'? I'm a little confused, is it a joke? I'm not familiar with Archeology.org making jokes or any type of humor.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Don't you mean boomstick? Heh, hail to the king.

Yes, it's a joke. Don't worry, you'd have noticed if there were swarms of zombies around.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Lol, I love the evil dead movies.
I didn't know Archaeology.org had a sense of humor though, I mean they are the ones who put out the archaeology magazine right? As far as I know they're very drag individuals. Maybe they're turning over a new leaf?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"Boomstick". My god, I can't believe I'd forgotton that.

OK, anti-zombie arsenal is as follows:

.22 calibre semiautomatic pistol-cuts down on the possibly dangerous splatter effect during really close quarters combat. Solanum is contagious afterall...

Several nice long sharpened railroad spikes, nice for punching through skulls and stirring zombie brain.

The aforementioned sword for truely spectacular beheadings of zombie.

...oh and a boomstick of course. I mean really, just gotta have one.

Talk about an off topic...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

I didn't know Archaeology.org had a sense of humor though, I mean they are the ones who put out thev archaeology magazine right? As far as I know they're very drag individuals. Maybe they're turning over a new leaf?

lol, your right , thats why it's such a scream (pun intended). Archaeology.org are my one stop shop for news for the last 2 years and then all of a sudden they get a sense of humour and dump this on me. classic.
shame i almost bought it too. hehe.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think that the government is going to end up making zombies. With a mix of medical and military technology they are going to end up making a tissue regenerating bacteria that can adapt to the human body! Yeah, I know what they're doing!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Gosh, haven't you guys played Dead Rising?

Everyone knows a lawnmower is the ultimate weapon.
Oh and i hear, if you get an stupid amount of kills in "one playthrough" (Whatever that is) you get randomly rewarded with a MegaMan gun!

Yaayyyyy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by friendoftherevolution

Watch out.
The Feds will be around any minute now.

new topics

top topics

join