It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heath Ledger Dies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ha i just thought of the greatest spin for the Christians . (remember you saw it here first)

"ACTOR SMITED BY GOD FOR ROLE IN GAY PROPAGANDA FILM"
" Rumor has it he felt too much guilt for his role in "brokback mountain"
Suicide letter reported to be found at the scene reads "Im not gay please god forgive me"

I bet the Christians have a field day with this . It would probably help a bit to spread there agenda .

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I guess being a gay male I can value his contribution to mankind more. Simply accepting to be a part of a huge pop culture moment (Brokeback Mountain)... was earth shattering to me. =) I know may closeted folk who claim that movie helped them come out. I think his friends and family are the only people who have business claiming this as a tragedy, or not. Not us. I do think that to some extent we need to see this happen once in awhile. Hollywood has become so jaded and unreal, people fail to realize Hollywood consists of real people too.

None the less I value all life, and I hope his soul transcends into the stars happily. I feel the same for every life that was lost today.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The tragedy is that someone so young, with a great life ahead of him, can have it all taken away just like that. Maybe it was an accident, maybe suicide, don't know yet but, ya, even actors have problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was impressed with his talent...

but i'm also thinking on another level that his death was pretty close to
the passing of Susanne Plushette,,,,,@ www.hollywoodmemoir.com...
(2nd entry down, as of today = 22 jan '08)

which brings up the issue...in a 'poetic sense '--->
were these two 'spirits' destined to be 'Star-crossed-lovers'

never to engage in mortal life....but....predestined to cross paths in their after-life

thanks,

[edit on 22-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Actors/entertainers/musicians are a strange and often overly emotional bunch.

He was a good actor.

I feel sorry for his kid.

I'm surprised Tom Cruise hasn't made a statement about the dangers of prescription drugs yet!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
but i'm also thinking on another level that his death was pretty close to
the passing of Susanne Plushette,,,,,@ www.hollywoodmemoir.com...
(2nd entry down, as of today = 22 jan '08)

They come in threes right? Don't forget Brad Renfro died just last week I think it was.

I wonder if he got so deep into the role of the Joker that it messed with his head? Gave him nightmares?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

they come in threes, it sure seems to work that way sometimes, doesn't it?

Nothing really to edit.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Too bad, his portrayal of the Joker looked intense.

For all those that condemn this or the other thread for celebrity worship I would disagree. It is about paying respects to someone who uses their talent instead of seething with jealously through venomous posts online.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Anjin

Now that I can completely understand, but I don’t see the tragedy in this still.

It is a tragedy whenever a young person dies, especially one that leaves behind such a young daughter.

The reason it's in the news is because he was a celebrity, and an Oscar-nominated one at that. I would agree that the coverage is excessive. I also think it sucks that it's being covered so much, because when the man was alive he tried to avoid the paparazzi and all of that, and lead a quiet life as much as possible.

Lots of people die every day. I am certainly not saying that because he is a celebrity his death is any more important than anyone else's. However, his celebrity also doesn't mean that his death means less either. Obsessing over the life and death of someone you never knew is stupid. Being hateful and disrespectful just because you never knew someone is awful.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jenkwater

Yeah, not jealous at all, more like tired of hearing about it when I want to hear some real news. Yet because so many seem to have great fascination with someone else’s life the media spends hours and hours going on and on about it. I don’t want fame or fortune I would settle for just having no debts and making what I do. I would be rich enough money wise then, and I am more than rich enough in my life now.
Also my reply to this thread was when it was on above not below. The thread has moved since I posted on in.

reply to post by TheHypnoToad

Again I was posting when this was on above not below. I get tired of hearing about one person so many feel has such great importance when I am trying to hear news about the world and the rest of the people living on it.

It is not about disrespecting him or being awful as you assume. It is about this being placed around as if it were extremely important. Yes people die every day and I’m find with them mentioning he died but please mention it and move along don’t stay on the same thing for ages.

As for this being tragic I still say it is not there is a possibility he ended his own life if that is the case people should really let the subject drop. People who end their own life are selfish beyond belief they have given up or are to blinded by their own pity to see there are those who love them.

Also he lived 28 years yes that is young but that is longer than so many that dies every day. A tragedy is when the father through his kids off the bridge, or when another shot and killed two of his three kids, or any other storey that comes up when a child is harmed or killed. Those stories are far more tragic with little or no responses from people in the form that a celebrity gets when they die or when they are not wearing panties.

I’m only coming back to this thread because I was replied to after this I really have nothing to add to the thread. I mentioned in my posts I feel sorry for his family and him if it was an accident. I also said if he killed himself he deserves no respect. I know what suicide does to love ones it is worse in most cases than if the person died or was killed.

As for the living with and dealing with the paparazzi they knew about it when they chose their path and they deal with them because people feel a need to know every detail of their life. Otherwise it would not be in the news as much as it is.

Raist

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Damn, what a miss. He was great in A Knights Tale, think ill watch that some time soon.

Fox

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's a tragidy to loose such a wonderful actor:shk:
I loved 90% of his moives, and even though I am not a batman fan, i will be watching the new moive.
RIP Heath Ledger, we will miss you.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I was in Spain at the time of the news breaking. Caught it by chance on CNN while trying to sleep.

Next day I mentioned it to the client I was down there for and he said (to my recollection):

"yeah, one of my friends in New York send me a text. He was out with Heath the night before. He said the poor buggar was high on coke".

Apparently those "sleeping" pills were the "usual" treatment to get him down again. He must have overdone it this time.
What a loss. First Dean, then Elvis now ledger... the bigger they are the harder they fall

I mean this post in no disrespect. Just thought it would be nice with some news from someone who knows someone that knows Heath from a going out point of view. Instead of all that media spin to keep parents and fans happy and comfortable.

[edit on 1/2/08 by flice]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join