It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Humanoid Figure confirmed??

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
I'm sorry, but I just think that many that come here... are just far too afraid... to believe in anything other than what conventional science spoon-feeds to them.

I looked at the so-called figure in 3d on my own by constructing a stereoimage from the original data and came to the conclusion that there was nothing humanoid-looking about it. Science didn't "spoonfeed" me that.

Personally, I wish that the intellectually-arrogant would stop coming here.... and insisting that all separate from their decisions are dillusional. I will continue to search... and wonder - no matter what you ever put forth.

Carry on... **spit-spit**

jb

So you're basically saying you don't care what any of us say, your mind is already made up, and you spit at us? I'm probably one of those "intellectually-arrogant" people you're complaining about, so why is it that your post makes me feel like the marginalized one?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Bill Nye on Mars guy is trying to figure out the Bill Nye sundial on back of Spirit rover from the famous"statue" panorama 2007. The face is not alone because (I rotated the image 90 degrees) next to him is a brown face,also against the rover deckof solar panels.The Bill Nye face was masked to make it appear like the ground rock in a cunning display of masking in plain sight.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Um..., misleading title?

Are you saying that YOU are confirming that the photo contains a person?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It is the power of disclaimer words like; 'Alledgedly'. 'supposedly', etc, - and in this case, the suffix question mark. Most notably, it is not making a statement of presumed 'fact' - but posing a question.

You, 'friend' - and I say that - alledgedly, supposedly - are a repeat visitor and antagonist; not even slightly attempting to veil your insults. Go ahead and feel 'marginalized' - like your other buddy.

Yes, I think that you are absolutely arogant. Multiple times; you have posted - in a negative way, your alternative views - after my comments. And it has reached a point where it is beyond the spirit of the debate. You just want to have 'the last word' - on someone that you apparently have decided that you mentally out-weigh. It truly is cowardess. Believe me; as suave as you may think that you are - you wouldn't do it to me in 'real life.' And I do think that it is time for you to move on. But, I doubt if you will.

We get it. You don't believe in this sort of thing. We understood that some 5 of your posts ago. Please go find another target. Science and technology are in their infant stages. You will never convince me otherwise. My guess is - you don't believe that either.

You are truly wasting your time here; unless you just want to argue. I have my suspicions. Just click yo way on outta heya. Baya Viento.

jb

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That last comment was mostly directed at ALF and NG.

My appologies for the confusion.

jb

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I love scanning Mars photos. I've seen what looks to be a door on the side of a crater mountain, two people screwing inside of a cave, and a space craft. Although, most is probably just my imagination and oddities in the images, searching NASA photos has become a hobby.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

This anomaly was found over a year ago. Just wanted to point that out. Sorry for the short post.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yes, I think that you are absolutely arogant. Multiple times; you have posted - in a negative way, your alternative views - after my comments. And it has reached a point where it is beyond the spirit of the debate.

How dare I post my alternative views... That is the heart of debate.

You just want to have 'the last word' - on someone that you apparently have decided that you mentally out-weigh. It truly is cowardess.

With all due respect, cowardess would be to hide in some corner and not respond to the challenge.

Believe me; as suave as you may think that you are - you wouldn't do it to me in 'real life.'

I'd be more than happy to debate this in person where I would have an easier time demonstrating my points, unless this is some sort of veiled threat.

We get it. You don't believe in this sort of thing. We understood that some 5 of your posts ago.

It's not as simple as that, but I have yet to see that you understand why I say this looks nothing like a humanoid.

Please go find another target. Science and technology are in their infant stages. You will never convince me otherwise. My guess is - you don't believe that either.

Oh I believe I won't convince you, my goal has never been to convince you. This thread does not revolve around you, or me for that matter. My goal has been to deny ignorance in the science underlying these images that you think is unimportant to understand.

You are truly wasting your time here;

I would be if my goal was to convince you. You're not the only one reading this thread, my goal is not to convince you in particular.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I`ve seen his face with detail it looks like a.... Bug eyes and bug head?WTH? Somebody help me

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
mars seems to have some geologcal anomolies...there are a lot of hexagonal structures / pyramid type of structures...worm like structures....
I would like to think these things are so differing from what we know...ancient etc...but we also have to take into consideration the way in which our solar system was formed. One of mars' moons...little phobos..known as the potaoe moon...could descibed as 'so different' from it's parent. My opinion for what it's worth is that when the so called 'big bang'...cataclysm happened was....that Mars was formed from a plethora of mini planetoids etc....giving it a whole different accumulation of glass, gas, fossils?, minerals..etc etc etc...and when it went into orbit....it's orbit encapsulated so many diiferent things..that is why I believe Spirit and Opportunity ancounter so many differing landscapes and so many mixes of geological findings....
And to top it all..our imaginations have been stimulated many years looking for that idealogical existence which has been focused on Mars..cos it's geologically different...we can see faces / possible past history / monuments / etc....
And of course, a lot of what we see is blurred / distant / and distorted. Until we have a clear defintion and disclosure...we are still none the wiser.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Omg.. it's.. a ROCK! people.

Hmm.. what's more likely. That an alien was lackadaisically sitting on a rock, legs crossed, hand propped in a way that looks like he was having tea, or chatting about lacrosse.. and he was rock-colored.. and has no apparently protective equipment...

OR..

It's a rock.

There is nothing else around him. It's not apparently reacting to an alien drone checking it out. No roads, homes, structures, or other aliens to chat with. And it ironically is completely human in appearance, as far as shape goes.

I'd say there is a 99.99999999% chance that this.. is a rock.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Nice post and analysis. I appreciate the post and the feedback and discussion it generated. Don't like all the negative, attacking posts either. I would think that if there is evidence or an argument against what has been presented here that it should be enough. The insulting replies have no place here.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

There is an argument against this so-called evidence; have you taken a look at the stereo image of this object, and if not, why are you complaining about the lack of a counter-argument? If you have seen the object in 3d, why do you still think it's evidence of a civilization?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
mars seems to have some geologcal anomolies...there are a lot of hexagonal structures / pyramid type of structures...worm like structures....
From what I have seen, I have never seen anything nomalous, the hexagonal/pyramidal structures look normal, and the "worm like" structures are just rows of dunes.

that is why I believe Spirit and Opportunity ancounter so many differing landscapes and so many mixes of geological findings....
They haven't found many mixes of geological findings, and it's normal that they don't, they are very limited in their travel capabilities.

And of course, a lot of what we see is blurred / distant / and distorted. Until we have a clear defintion and disclosure...we are still none the wiser.
That is another problem, some cases of blurred/distant/distorted images were already cleared by new, high resolution photos, but apparently these are not as popular as the old, blurred images.

Here are two examples, Phobos and Deimos.

Phobos
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2e7eb7479fd.png[/atsimg](clicking on the photo will take you to a 5.8 metres per pixel image)

Deimos
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1760ab3ee275.png[/atsimg](clicking on the photo will take you to a 20 metres per pixel version with two photos)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Leave it to NG to have all of the answers. Think we'll just come to him next time. No need for alternate sources. And, for god's sake... no one make a sarcastic remark on a thread they started.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nerve, and will... as thick as a martian rock. If you really looked at it... if you really read it - it was all question; and supposition. My 'bold statement' - was to say that I felt that it was a remarkable resemblance to the recognizable.

On the webpage... that this all directed to/from - I made another bombastic statement. I don't believe that this is an alien - or a statue. You just don't get it, dude.

And apparently, you have a lot more time on your hands than I do, as of late. Get a grip... and maybe a life, while you're at it.

I just think that you hold science as a religion. It is so incomplete - and in the cosmos; so often breaks it's own rules. Personally, I never give 'the final answer.' But I think that your intention - is to shut this idea down.

'Veiled threat' - man, what-ever. Unless you've figured out a way to reach through the modem - and smack someone in the head with a mouse; threats are pretty much hallow and empty.

You say that this is all non-sense; but continually come back, again and again. Gadz... it's like baiting a hook for fish. Check out the title... or the thread... that I, personally... initiated; back some time ago. It contains not one, but 2.... question marks. Twice the question. No statement, no conclusion - no answers to the great mysteries of the universe. But somehow... this so fervently offends your sensibilities.

One of the last statements in Carl Sagan's last book was; 'But maybe I was wrong.'

Sagan was smart enough to know that conventional science is consensus... a developing, moving feast - that has barely taken it's infant steps. Quote all of the science that you want. In 10 years it will be mostly obsolete. Disagree, debate; fine with me. But the insults might just as well be spit, in my opinion.

You just don't get it. To shut down the possibilities; and so self-assuredly; make us all more vulnerable than we realize. As 'figures lie - and liars figure' - science can also be used to control and divert us. Unless you personally have done every bit of research - since the beginning of time - you're still taking someone else's word for it. And again, 'facts' are over-turned and expanded on a daily basis. I say; don't close the patent office... reserve final judgement. Just how I handle my dealings.

My real problem with the likes of the noogie-man; is that; it seems to me that you are insisting that I stop. Get in line, bud. And maybe... relax... and hava-tampa. it's gonna be a long afternoon.

jb

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

And apparently, you have a lot more time on your hands than I do, as of late. Get a grip... and maybe a life, while you're at it.

Perhaps I do, but perhaps such time is necessary if you want to really research these issues. I just spent some of that time generating a model of the image containing the so-called humanoid-shaped object using the stereo images and some stereo image analysis software. Here's the link to the result in several formats:
www....(nolink)/file/max4wumziym/modelmarsbigfoot.zip
The object appears to be just a shadowed shard of one continuous rock outcropping, and it is identical in nature to adjacent shards. Its "arms" and "head" are recessed from the body in a way that is not consistent with a humanoid shape.

I just think that you hold science as a religion.

Thanks, but I have my religion and my science is quite separate; the latter demands evidence, not faith. If you don't wish to look at the evidence I just presented, fine, I'm sure someone else reading this will.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just wondering. At this point, you do realize that you are being baited; do you not? There are no actual publicly-recognized 'authorities.' I believe that; throughout our lifetimes - the entire subject of extra-terrestrial possibilities will kept in the category of 'ridiculous.' It is a control mechanism... and somehow makes people feel safer - if they believe we are alone. As far as what the populace believes - I truly find myself no longer caring.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Just wondering. At this point, you do realize that you are being baited; do you not?

I've long since realized that you've been baiting me for some time now, yes. I decided to enjoy it, rather than get into a flame war, and approach the matter logically by producing more data on the object's true shape.

There are no actual publicly-recognized 'authorities.' I believe that; throughout our lifetimes - the entire subject of extra-terrestrial possibilities will kept in the category of 'ridiculous.'

Most scientists, including myself, believe in the possibility of extra terrestrial life, so that's a straw man argument. The difference is whether or not we believe intelligent extra terrestrials visit our solar system on a near-daily basis.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
No one can force you to see life on Mars or movement between frames of this live Martian.No-one can force you to google search "Mars Statue" and compare my pics with theirs and conclude that not only was the face blacked out,but she moved body and head position between frames,so she is alive with a pet in her lap that also disappeared in the rest of the google search images.You were robbed.I just showed you.Did you really believe it was a STATUE ?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join