It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the reason for creation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am not a religious person, so I am looking for some help from people of faith. My questions are: Why is everything here? (everything = universe, galaxy, planets, humans, fish, bacteria, and/or any other "created" thing.) Not only why is "everything" here, but why are WE (people) here? What is reason that we are in existence? I am not looking for a "God works in mysterious ways" answer, that will not help answer my questions. Part of the reason that I ask this question is that I am having an issue at home. My wife and I can not conceive. We have looked at the medical reasons and aside from one blocked tube, and yes you should be able to conceive with one tube, every part of our reproductive systems are working correctly. We are both good and healthy people, we do not hurt or steal. It is not fair to me that crack heads, people that can't afford to have kids, unhealthy people, etc. can pop kids out like rabbits. So if people like us can't have kids to cherish and love, then why were we even put on this world?

On a side note, we are going to adopt, since we can't get pregnant.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm an agnostic so I'm not going to try to defend creationism or why "god" created everything the way he supposedly did. I believe we can just take the life we have and do the best with it that we can. You and your wife are in a situation that I can imagine is very tough. In spite of that you are willing to turn it into a positive by adopting and giving someone a loving family who otherwise wouldn't have it. It's very possible that the reason you're here is to provide that child with a wonderful life and future. I commend you and best of luck!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It seems to me you're using a greater term "creation" for a lesser statement "creation of this planet"...

Creation started countless years ago. Here and now we are just in another phase of the plan.

So please, what are you asking?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I like to express higher understandings of God in a way you might understand.

Let us say that you were a scientific experment. We strapped you down to a bed and we removed your abilities to sense anything. You couldn't smell, taste, touch, see or hear anything. You'd be a "conscious" mind, self aware, without anything way to express nor any interact with "the world" this phyical reality you assume is existance.

It wouldn't be too long before you started creating in your mind charactors and stories and such...

Do you understand this?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
God is time. Time was invented for entertainment.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
you are on this earth for one and one reason only.
to ascend spiritually.

what are you learning from this experience? how has/ will this experience change you for the better? have you considered other options?

nothing is coincidence....

[edit on 22-1-2008 by last time here]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dummskot
I am not a religious person, so I am looking for some help from people of faith. My questions are: Why is everything here? (everything = universe, galaxy, planets, humans, fish, bacteria, and/or any other "created" thing.) Not only why is "everything" here, but why are WE (people) here? What is reason that we are in existence?

We exist to experience and observe the universe, thereby collapsing the quantum wave function and bringing virtuality into reality. Conversely, the universe exists because we are in it and observing it. The trick is not to get too hung up in thinking of time as a "line" that moves from the past through the present and into the future. That's not necessarily how it works at all. In a sense, we (conscious creatures) bootstrapped the universe and ourselves into existence.

Hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We were created for the same reason you and your wife want children.
God said "let us create man in our image", Then he did.
It used to be great on Earth comparatively. Before the Great Deluge,
Oxygen was greater in quantity, almost so that one would feel euphoric, just from breathing. Plants grew larger as well as animals. People lived longer. Nutrition was greater.

God wanted us for company and enjoyment. He even walked with Adam and Eve in Genesis; (see bible)

SOO many children need adoption!!!! Foster homes can be short-lived before being pulled up to go into a different one. Or worse, some pedophile! (I've seen it over and over.)

Please adopt! Don't do it for the money, but the money will pay for expenses.
My husband's old felony impedes us from adoption.
Beware that you might get a child that has been neglected to the point of brain damage. R.A.D. These children need extra care and nutrition to grow out of it.
There has been MUCH advancement for these illnesses, thank you Jesus!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Experience.

Imagine yourself, if you will, as God. You are Everything and everything is You. You are Everything and the Only Thing.

You can't go anywhere because you are already everywhere. You cannot do anything because there is nothing else with which to do.

So you create galaxies, planets, worlds within yourself. An idle daydream, no more real than thoughts (not to underestimate the power of the thoughts of God).

All that is is the same thing viewed through an egoistically perceived daydream. God, You, looking at your own reflection.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dummskot

Unfortunately there isn't an easy answer to the questions you've asked. Each person is faced with something at some point in their life that makes then stop and say, "this doesn't make any sense". It is wonderful that you and your wife have decided to adopt children. Perhaps that is why you're here. Maybe the kid you're going to adopt would have had a difficult life had you two not been there for him/her.

I feel like I can relate to your frustrations... atleast in some way. My parents had a very difficult time getting pregnant... or as my mother said, "staying pregnant". There is a 7 year gap between my brother and me. My brother had a twin that died, and my parents had 6 miscarrages between us. When they finally did concieve me they were preparing to adopt, and even after I was born my parents lost two more children. It is sad, and unfortunate, but when you become a father you'll look at your child and feel the satisfaction of getting to know that person. Especially knowing how hard you and your wife worked to become parents.

I think that as humans there is definitely a higher plan for us, and maybe in 1000 years we'll know what that is... and i don't mean it in a religious way.

Best of luck to you.
You're definitely doing the right thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well. If we knew what it was all about what would be the point of existing?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
We were created for the same reason you and your wife want children.
God said "let us create man in our image", Then he did.

How many gods the bibles refer to?
“us” is plural ?
Why is this written this way? Dos god refer to himself as many?
Or maybe we have been created by many gods?

Strange inconsistency don’t you think!

Kacou

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Try smoking salvia. times 20 or better.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Or the bibles were written by imperfect beings in another langauge and then translated from that langauge to another to another all by imperfect beings in otherwords US.
It stands to reason, to me at least, that the book is imperfect as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Or maybe, the book was a copy of much early one.
Any way you look at it, you have to try to find the original source before claiming that it is the words of god.
Yes for sure bible scholar tells us when it was written and who did wrote it, but they seems to avoid questions about discrepancy (or they give us some twisted interpretations) and overwhelming similarity with much older scriptures.

kacou

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Or maybe, the book was a copy of much early one.
Any way you look at it, you have to try to find the original source before claiming that it is the words of god.
Yes for sure bible scholar tells us when it was written and who did wrote it, but they seems to avoid questions about discrepancy (or they give us some twisted interpretations) and overwhelming similarity with much older scriptures.

kacou

I seem to remember them saying multiple people over time wrote it. Eh. Who knows.
But I fail to see where your disagreeing, could be cause it's late, but splain please? You lost me somewhere.

OH yea I messed up in what I was saying earlier as well.

Written in imperfect langauge and translated into another imperfect langauge, then another.
You really gotta admit langauge is a rather lousy way to comunicate. But it IS all we have.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

[edit on 23-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I don’t disagree with any thing.
The question is what the reason for creation.
You can only start to answer if you know exactly where this creation business comes from in the first place.
The Old Testament has been shown to regenerate this ideal of creation; I will dispute the originality of the bible because it is too similar to the Sumerian tablet which depicts all what is in the bible in a very different light.
My apprehension is that the Sumerian tablet are fare older then the bible, inscribe on them are the epic of creation which tells us of a very different process of creation where by, not God with the big “G” but gods with small “g” had created us.
Therefore I come back to what you have written as we have been created by inperfect beings.
Now the Sumerian gives us a reason of our creation, which I have difficulty to accept…but this could be a long story.

Kacou

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

And the Sumerian accounts most likely have a basis in far older script and so and so forth.
Time distorts.
In the end, who knows.
Not saying we shouldn't seek the truth, just saying we must always take even our own beliefs with a grain of salt.
Simple fact is who REALLY knows?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
According to the Bible:
The reason we were created was for the pleasure of God.
The reason we don't understand that is because we do not think like God.
Our spirit was created in the womb.
There you have it, from the Bible. References available on request.
Next...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Well. IMHO the bible is flawed.
Your welcome to follow it of course I am in no position to judge the path you chose. And would die for your right to believe it. Even if you believe I would go to hell after that. Just don't try to send me there (otherwords try to kill me).
Just don't expect me to follow it or even be able to fathom what I see (meaning only in my opinion) as cracked logic.

<<   2 >>

join