It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Lott says he won�t step down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It is such a shame that our democracy is so reducing itself to mob-rule at the hands of the Democrats. They'd oust someone if they sneezed if they thought they'd get away with it.

The Democratic party has become little more than beggars, since 1963 and the death of Kennedy.

It is my opinion that Trent Lott could have said he hated 'n-word's, if he didn't mean to say that, but rather it came out in some horible misunderstanding, and he repented for that. Then he should not be chastised for it.

Since when do we judge men on words and not actions? Since the television, no more is the days of great men doing great things. Now enters the age of Great speakers doing nothing or worse. Hitler, would be the greatest warning, but no one knows how to teach that fact.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
It is such a shame that our democracy is so reducing itself to mob-rule at the hands of the Democrats. They'd oust someone if they sneezed if they thought they'd get away with it.

The Democratic party has become little more than beggars, since 1963 and the death of Kennedy.

It is my opinion that Trent Lott could have said he hated 'n-word's, if he didn't mean to say that, but rather it came out in some horible misunderstanding, and he repented for that. Then he should not be chastised for it.

Since when do we judge men on words and not actions? Since the television, no more is the days of great men doing great things. Now enters the age of Great speakers doing nothing or worse. Hitler, would be the greatest warning, but no one knows how to teach that fact.

Sincerely,
no signature

What's the name of your Militia Group? I've seen some very serious statements against gays & minorites from you; what other groups should we know to steer clear in dicussing with you?

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why do you ask Freemason this type of question? Seems to me you should be asking Sen. Byrd, as he can say whatever he wants and it will be overlooked since he is a democrat.

Trent says a nice thing about the fellow at his Birthday party and democrats have to twist it around and give it a racial meaning. Furthermore, the blithering idiot defends himself in a mealy-mouth manner and then apologizes for saying something that otehrs could twist! If Lott (whom I do not like anyway) is no smarter than that, maybe he should get the heck out of the leadership seat.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And furthermore, these moronic, scared Republicans that are criticizing Lott instead of criticizing the creatures that accused him for purely intentional gain are just as whimpy as Lott is.

I view this apology-making and criticizing as nothing more than political horsecrap, no better thanthe political horsecrap that got this started to begin with.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Refer above to where I said Byrd embarrasses a 21st Century American governing body.
There is no other way to interpret Lott's 'slips' over the years: the CCC will always be the White Collar Klan, Bob Jones University will always legislate interacial relations on campus, and heroes of the Confederacy that are HIS HEROES are always going to be pro-segregation.
There was a slip: not a slip of the tounge, just a slip in his usually guarded views seeing daylight again.
Real Conservatives need to take back the GOP from the Ultra Right Wing.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 04:46 PM
link   
.....this would be a post the guy is losing, not his job. No Miss. voter is being disenfranchised, he's still making $150k a year off of the government teet, and he still is going to be a force...just shouldn't be the mouth piece.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
.....this would be a post the guy is losing, not his job. No Miss. voter is being disenfranchised, he's still making $150k a year off of the government teet, and he still is going to be a force...just shouldn't be the mouth piece.

Ooooh, don't push that button of mine! I just might break the board rule of no profanity!

It was intended in the beginning (I know I refer to those old guys from the 1700's alot, but the more I see where this country is going, the smarter they appear!) a salary wasn't there, and only those who could afford to serve the country could serve the country. Sure, there'd be pitfalls to that in todays nation, but I'm sick and tired of having to pay for their huge salaries and their equally huge retirement packages.

And, as far as taking back our party from the right-wing and setting it back on a socially and fiscally conservative track without the B.S. that is making some of us sick and tired, I agree. For years I refused to call myself a Republican. Sometimes I wish I'd never started. It is obvious that both the major parties are so far off track from where we should be it isn't even funny.

Oh well, ever nation that rises, falls. We'll be no different.

[Edited on 19-12-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think the whole Lott thing is just another DIVERSION. What a waste of valuable time to hew on about WORDS that may or may not be meant.

We're getting ready to kill innocent people without any proof of their country's participation in terrorist activities against us.

Does it really f-ing matter whether Lott comes or goes anyway? Another equally empty mouthpiece is up for the job. What a bunch of nonsense.

I'd really like to know, for instance, what is happening with the little thing called the ECONOMY. A real analysis, if you please, by one of the major networks or CNN. Then we can move onto the 9-11 investigation that is currently to hot for anyone to handle. For instance, how about a story on the fact that the new head of the investigation is a close blood relative of Bush. Hmmm... Yes that would interest me. Finally, let's review a few of the rights and freedoms we've lost in this last action-packed year.

Now THAT would be interesting! This other stuff is just crap.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 05:53 AM
link   
An analysis by one of the major networks or CNN? Wow, you like being lied to, don't you?

As far as the economy is concerned, quit asking questions and do your duty, get out their and spend spend spend. That'll help the economy that you are worried about. Buy American, buy alot and buy it NOW!

What? You can't find hardly any American products on the shelves? You swear you'd think you're in a Chinese store by the looks of the product tags?

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We've become a vast dumping ground for cheap goods both materially and intellectually.

Between the mindless drone of political correctness or meaningless violence or fear mongering, we interrupt this program in order to remind you that you need to go out and consume something.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It�s hard to believe that this old �Dixiecrats� stuff is surfacing after more than half a century. Still, I guess we�ll soon know as Jan 6th isn�t far away.
Apparently Frist of Tennessee, backed by Nickles of Oklahoma, has stepped into the ring. Given the very little by way of response � and that, negative - from the Bush brothers/Cheney and the fact that so many other Rep�s have added their names and their 20 cents� worth of drivel on this topic, it�s tempting to see this as something GWB might want.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's so refreshing to see the heroic proportions of bravery and courage that these leaders display as they stand up against segregation.

These men of integrity are willing to face the world and state their position on such a controversial topic!

What year is this again? Uh, sorry I was dreaming it was 1815... Never mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join