It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Movies Terminator and War Games for Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yes, according to the attached article, Israel says it is planning to construct an "autonomous battle management system" that would take the decisions on which weapons to fire and when out of human hands. There was no mention of nuclear weapons in the article, but wouldn't they have to be included n such a system - especially if part of the reason Israel says they want to build it is for a "doomsday scenario"?

Article

Israel has been hit in recent years by thousands and thousands of rockets, mortar shells, and missiles. And that could be just a preview of the onslaught Iran may one day unleash. So Israeli military leaders have begun early planning for a new, robotic defense system, armed with enough artificial intelligence that it "could take over completely" from flesh-and-blood operators. "It will be designed for... autonomous operations,' Brig. Gen. Daniel Milo, commander of Israel's air defense forces, tells Defense News' Barbara Opall-Rome. And in the event of a "doomsday" strike, Opall-Rome notes, the system could handle "attacks that exceed physiological limits of human command."

In the title I mentioned a couple of movies where this was tried - and it didn't work out too well for the humans in the end.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Wow, that means that Arnold Schwarzenegger really is Jewish and not Austrian as he pretends to be…, an infiltration and combat duty model T100, all that flesh, blood, sweat, bad breath, bad accent, it all adds up, he’s a cyber-goyim…

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

Wow, that means that Arnold Schwarzenegger really is Jewish and not Austrian as he pretends to be…, an infiltration and combat duty model T100, all that flesh, blood, sweat, bad breath, bad accent, it all adds up, he’s a cyber-goyim…

Hmmm. Have to put all that through my universal translator to see what it means.

The key point of the OP is obviously is there sufficiently advanced hardware and software available now to create a reliable automated system? And even if there is do we really want a country - and one with nuclear weapons - to implement such a system that takes the launch decisions away from humans?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

And even if there is do we really want a country - and one with nuclear weapons - to implement such a system that takes the launch decisions away from humans?

I’ve been asking that in the other thread, and it did not even make a dent.

Instead, the source was labeled as rubbish, and then nobody cared to connect the dots.

It went something like this;

A loitering, nuclear unarmed aircraft is being openly discusses while simply ignoring ALL international agreements and public opinion.

Would you like to have a nuclear armed UAV “patrolling” the skies over your house?

How about this for a “constructive” contribution?

Here's an on topic response if you want one - the original source is the usual over inflated, verbose, self-confident rubbish that most gunrunners produce. It makes bold claims, without providing a skerick of evidence that they can actually achieve what they are claiming.

And even after I spelled it out;

When some poor sucker is accidentally killed by his short circuited toaster oven it’s a tragedy, but when an AI/GPS patrolling UAVs makes an independent decision to engage to destroy, then the Terminator movies stop being just mere entertainment, they turn into prophecies.

See what I mean?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Revolutionary approach of UTG-PRI LTD to MDS is that it applies airborne censoring and aim-to-kill technology against Qassam and Katyusha rockets, enabling to destroy them within seconds at the launch course. And with regard to UTG's BMDS and enemy's BMs, they can be destroyed over enemy's territory, thus being impossible to launch, since the enemy state will annihilate itself by own nukes or chemical warheads.

UTG-PRI LTD has designed the Flying Missile Platform (FMP) to loiter as unmanned strategic bombers in enemy's stratosphere. Such systems are impossible to shoot down, since they are equipped with air-to-air missiles to protect them from ground-to-air missiles and can destroy any launched ballistic missile. Said FMP can be armed with a nuclear device, so if hit by enemy missile, the fallout from the nuclear explosion would bury the enemy. On the other hand, FMP can loiter constantly over the Israeli or US territory, providing the impregnable air defense shield without analogy. In case of Lebanon and new means of Israeli air assault against the Hezbollah and its rocket launchers, said FMP would patrol the Lebanese airspace 24h around the clock to release its cluster bombs or air-to-ground missiles, making any involvement of the IAF fully unnecessary!

Moreover, a tandem Rocket-Scramjet System (RSS) by UTG-PRI LTD. acts as a unique interceptor of jets and BMs, since it can not only intercept any BM, but can catch up with the BM and destroy its launched multiple warheads with air-to-air missiles. It means that said RSS can outrun any BM at its terminal trajectory, since RSS is based on a triple supersonic and acceleration factor, i.e., speed of the mother rocket, the speed of the launched scramjet, with added speed of the air-to-air missiles launched by the scramjet.

www.india-defence.com...

Welcome to the SkyNet and Shalom to you all!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with you, OP.

I made a thread that closely resembles this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its basically saying how the fiction we thought of as an entertainment form is unerrily reflecting that of real life today.

Now look at this, Israel wants to build , essentially like you said Terminators, full fledged AI robots with the programming to kill or not. Thats a very scary thought indeed. From the early days of the Manhattan project (making a big bomb) to todays 21st century tech. of making machines (fully animotronic AI androids who could be on tomorrows battlefield).

*Sigh*, when will the madness end?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yes they already had this system up and online by 2001, its called skikenet and its completely automated with Cybergs. When the evil Arabs try to go down to their wells to collect water up pops a robot of death to cleanse the planet of their filth!!

I mean seriously who makes this stuff up ????

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well in the terminator movie……the robots took over and we had a little fight with them….so I’m wondering where’s the advance AI robots the government is secretly making…..?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

.so I’m wondering where’s the advance AI robots the government is secretly making…..?

Well before cyborgs hit the streets, they are called police, national guard, army, FBI, etc, all under the “Patriot Act”.

new topics

top topics

join