It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thompson Decides To Drop Out

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thompson Decides To Drop Out

marcambinder.theatlantic.com

Ex-Sen. Fred Thompson has told several Republicans that he has decided to drop out of the presidential race and will make public his intentions by close of business.
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The supreme disappointment of Thompson's campaign has finally come to an end.

I hear he's got a role in Rambo 5.

marcambinder.theatlantic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Well, considering he is dropping out with 1 more delegate won than has Ron Paul, what does that make his campaign so far?

apc

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A supreme disappointment... didn't I just say that?

Or did you just screw up your pronoun usage?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No, I just didn't realize I would need to repeat Pauls name. Here we go...

Considering Thompson is dropping out with 1 more delegate than Paul has won, what does that make Pauls campaign?

apc

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A topic for another thread. You people must be really threatened... you think the sun coming up is a reason to attack Ron Paul.

But Thompson was like the It (Segway). Super ultra mega hyped up, only to leave people with questioning expressions. He was lauded to be the next Reagan (why in God's name we need another Reagan is beyond me). Obviously he failed to live up to that expectation.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well until Fred dropped out I would have thought that he would have have stayed in the race long enough to pour most of his available resources into the battle grounds that are decided on Super Tuesday. My logic being that if Fred put in a respectable showing on Super Tuesday he would have stood a reasonable chance of being the VP pick.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
A topic for another thread. You people must be really threatened... you think the sun coming up is a reason to attack Ron Paul.

I'm not threatened at all by Ron Paul, because I know he has absolutely no chance of winning the nomination. I'm also not attacking Paul, for I have no reason to. I just posed a simple question for you.

You said that Thompson's campaign was a huge disappointment, yet he dropped out with 1 more delegate than Paul has won. So does that mean Paul is a huge disappointment as well?

But Thompson was like the It (Segway). Super ultra mega hyped up, only to leave people with questioning expressions. He was lauded to be the next Reagan (why in God's name we need another Reagan is beyond me). Obviously he failed to live up to that expectation.

True. But if you listen to Paul supporters, you would think he was the greatest man to ever live who has come to rescue this terrible country from failure. Yet he seems to only be garnering about 5-9% of the vote everywhere he goes. Seems odd for such a great man doesn't it?

apc

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Seems odd you're obsessed with talking about Ron Paul on a Fred Thompson thread.

Should we start discussing Romney, as well? At least Thompson stood by his convictions.

I understand rinos like you are terrified of Paul, but really... get over it. If all you want to do is bash RP, take it to one of the dozens of RP threads. If however you would like to contribute to the topic of Fred Thompson, I welcome the point additions.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Seems odd you're obsessed with talking about Ron Paul on a Fred Thompson thread.

Should we start discussing Romney, as well? At least Thompson stood by his convictions.

I understand rinos like you are terrified of Paul, but really... get over it. If all you want to do is bash RP, take it to one of the dozens of RP threads. If however you would like to contribute to the topic of Fred Thompson, I welcome the point additions.

I'm not bashing Paul at all, I'm just asking a simple question that you refuse to answer.

Why is it that you and other Paul supporters can come into any thread that has nothing to do with Ron Paul and discuss him, but if I come into this thread to discuss Paul it's wrong of me?

I thought that was what his supporters wanted? I thought we were supposed to be discussing Paul so we can "have our eyes opened". Or does that only apply when we say good things about him?

apc

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Please quote where *I* have attempted to derail a thread about another candidate by injecting statements about Ron Paul. Even if others do it, does that make it OK for you too? Shouldn't you strive to be better than them?

I thought the disappointment of Thompson was obvious, but let me try to break it down for you... again.

Thompson was all hype. He had great numbers before he even announced his candidacy. People expected him to be Reagan resurrected. Right out of the gate he fell flat on his face. This defines disappointment.

You're attempting to draw a comparison between Thompson's progressive performance decline to another candidate who has gone from a nobody to a name freedom-loving families across the nation discuss around the dinner table. Thompson can't even begin to compare.

That is why I am ignoring your asinine attempts to attack Ron Paul.
They have nothing to do with Thompson.

top topics

join