It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids as Ancient Bombshelters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Not logical at all. While they have lasted through time with mother natures onslaughts....a good hit from a powerful weapon would destroy them...not to mention their size makes them a great target, especially if the enemy knew people were in there.....

[edit on 8/7/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't have much to contribute, but give me an A for effort! It doesn't seem likely, but there are some things to think about. As has been said, they didn't have to be nuclear weapons. There's nothing that says any weapons were dropped from the sky. It's also possible that the pyramids were built for protection, then later pharaohs took credit for the massive structures and had themselves buried there. As for glass being around, I've heard in early American homes, the glass has slowly given way to gravity, so it's like the glass is melted a bit- over thousands of years, the glass could have all "melted" off of the pyramids and the surrounding area. And who's to say it would have survived thousands of years of pummeling by sand storms, winds, and whatnot. Just wanted to throw that stuff out there, I don't exactly have any support or an opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey, bilder, generally it is considered bad form on this site to post a link or to C&P with no commentary.

From your link:

�The super-mass of the the first three pyramids, and the missing equipment from such places as the Kings Chamber, cause me to wonder if perhaps they were not focusing transmission/collection devices for types of energy to be later exploited by Nikola Tesla, then buried for nearly a hundred years, to be exploited now by the present administration of the Federal Reserve Government of America, with its known nazi ties:�

O.K., That sounds rather extreme have you any data to back that up?

What �missing equipment� are we talking about here?

If the �equipment� is missing, then how do we know it even existed in the first place?

My opinion: the link posted by bilder is a load of mumbo jumbo techno-babble. Another scam perpetuated by someone trying to sell a book.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
ok heres a different take and it is just theory

it was built to cover the doorway to hell. if you find a hole or some creature that you think is hell or demonic and you dont want people bumping into it on a daily basis , the best way to get shut of it would be to build the biggest object you can build ontop of it

[edit on 13-8-2004 by acidhead]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here is another take on it
They were built by Humans for other Humans who had serious vainity issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
offtopic - zero - what is your animated gif avatar ?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Well we do paint and write crazy stuff all over the place. Like under bridges etc... So just because there is graffiti even awesome graffiti on the pyramids does not mean 100% that it was a tomb and not a bomb shelter. We have to go back to see to know for sure. They maybe were used for tomb long after their first use...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

jhova
The only problem with the tomb theory is that no where in the pyramids do they say that they are a tomb and nothing written says so either.Also, the great pyramids are accredited to Cheops Khafre etc., but nothing other than the one graffitti like signature, which of course was fabricated, was found.Moving all of those stones in the period allowed from the distance they were moved and then shaped, is an impossiblity in itself.I think the purpose for them is far beyond us for right now.And any other assumptions on what there purpose is is meerley speculation.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by jhova]

why would they need to write it on the pyramids? the very fact that people over the centuries from historians, to tomb robbers have said the pyramids had bodies in them.

all the rest of your claims are arguments from personal incredulity, you just refuse to accept reality.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Xeven
reply to post by Byrd

Well we do paint and write crazy stuff all over the place. Like under bridges etc... So just because there is graffiti even awesome graffiti on the pyramids does not mean 100% that it was a tomb and not a bomb shelter. We have to go back to see to know for sure. They maybe were used for tomb long after their first use...

because other sources from historians to tomb thieves say they had bodies in them wrapped in linen? the funeral spells they found in the pyramids? the egyptian beliefs? only people who want to deny reality claim they aren't tombs.
where is the evidence that they were bomb shelters and not tombs? people claiming nonsense like this have the burden of proof, not those accepting what the EVIDENCE says.

the evidence says they are tombs, where is your evidence they were bomb shelters?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join