It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico City starts "grope-free" busses for women. LOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Mexico City starts "grope-free" busses for women. LOL

www.reuters.com

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico City has started a women-only bus service to protect female passengers from groping and verbal abuse common on the city's packed public transportation system.

Millions of people cram into subway trains and buses in the Mexican capital, one of the world's largest cities, and women have long complained of abuse from men taking advantage of overcrowding to sneak in an inappropriate grab.

"One time a man stuck his hand up my skirt. They grab your butt ... It's gross," said 27-year-old office assistant Lourdes Zendejas, who waited 20 minutes during the evening rush hour to catch one of the new buses.

The special buses pull up at ordinary stops but have large pink "women only" signs on the front and side. They were added to two busy routes last week and the city government plans to expand the program to 15 other routes by April.

Mexico City's transport system, which also includes hundreds of privately operated "micro" buses, carries twice as many riders as New York's.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Heh-Pretty sad when you have to have a gender-only transport system just to avoid getting fondled. Pretty crazy.

www.reuters.com

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Heh-Pretty sad when you have to have a gender-only transport system just to avoid getting fondled. Pretty crazy.

www.reuters.com

Uhmm... is it "Pretty sad" or "Pretty crazy"?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

www.reuters.com

Uhmm... is it "Pretty sad" or "Pretty crazy"?

Pretty crazy that such a step was necessary. And pretty sad that people are that screwed up to be doing that sort of thing right out in public on a regular basis. So a bit of both.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

And pretty sad that people are that screwed up to be doing that sort of thing right out in public on a regular basis. So a bit of both.

Don't get me started about what people do in public. I was once witness to a man getting acosted by a female at South Beach, FL for masturbating while watching her dive. She caught him and was about to slit his throat with her diver's knife. But, I'm getting off subject.

It is pretty sad that this measure had to be taken.

I find it funny how men feel it's ok for them to do this to women, but then turn around and ask them if they'd like it from another man and see what they say.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Maybe they should have a bus for gropers only and they can fondle each other.

I think I read a story here on ATS that Israel had just started a similar program a few months ago, and Japan already had female only subway cars. Things like this really make me wonder if we as a species are very far removed from the animals.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The real question is, how do I get hordes of females to grope me in public?

new topics

top topics

join