It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Googleing, Surprising results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was not sure what forum to post this under, so feel free to move this if needed.

In my research I have come up with a number of advanced google search methods which yield very very informative results. So I thought I would share them here, and provide others with the opportunity to share even more.

I'm sure that for some this will be common knowledge, but for others it should be new. Here goes:

"filetype:value"
* You can limit your results to just any particular filetype.
* Some really good ones are XLS, PDF, DOC...
* example search: "masonic filetype:xls" - lots of goodies

"site:value"
* You can limit your results to only certain sites
* Some really good ones are .ORG .GOV, .MIL etc....
* example search: "ufo site:gov" or "bush site:whitehouse.gov"

"related:site"
* You can limit your results to similar sites

"link:site"
* You can limit your results to external sites which link to the site

You can also combine them to perform really nice searches like:
* "ufo site:navy.mil filetype:pdf"

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Also, if anyone runs across any significant finds feel free to post them up.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Cool, thanks. I remember when there were more search engines and you got better results. Google has ruined it all.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
filetype:
The syntax "filetype:" instructs Google to search for files on the Internet with specific extensions. For example: filetype:doc site:gov confidential Google will produce all the word documents, from all the gov domains that may contain the word confidential. Another example is, filetype:pdf site:com access-list. You may use any domain type, (com, gov, edu…)

cache:

The syntax "cache:" will display the version of the web page that Google has in its cache. For Example: "cache:www.microsoft.com" will display Google's cache of the Microsoft homepage.

intext:

The syntax "intext" searches for the words within a specific website and ignores the URLs and page titles. For example: intext:confidential will return only links to those web pages that has the search keyword " confidential " in its webpage.

intitle:

The syntax "intitle:" instructs Google to search for pages that contain the words behind intitle: For example intitle:index of master.passwd will return pages within Unix or Linux where the master.passwd files are. /etc/passwd "allintitle:" will produce a list of all words in the title. Google will ignore the slashes.

intitle: examples:

intitle:"Index of" .sh_history
intitle:"Index of" .bash_history
intitle:"index of" passwd
intitle:"index of" people.lst
intitle:"index of" pwd.db
intitle:"index of" etc/shadow
intitle:"index of" spwd
intitle:"index of" master.passwd
intitle:"index of" htpasswd
intitle:"index of" members OR accounts
intitle:"index of" user_carts OR user_cart
allintitle: sensitive filetype:doc
allintitle: restricted filetype :mail
allintitle: restricted filetype:doc site:gov

inurl:

The syntax "inurl:" instructs Google to search for pages that contain specific words or characters included in the URL such as this inurl:windows. The results of this query will produce such pages that have the word "windows" in it. allinurl: will produces the results of URLs with all of the specified words in its query. allinurl:windows/cracks.

inurl: examples:

inurl:admin filetype:txt
inurl:admin filetype:db
inurl:admin filetype:cfg
inurl:mysql filetype:cfg
inurl:passwd filetype:txt
inurl:iisadmin
inurl:auth_user_file.txt
inurl
rders.txt
inurl:"wwwroot/*."
inurl:adpassword.txt
inurl:webeditor.php
inurl:file_upload.php
inurl:gov filetype:xls "restricted"

link:

The syntax "link:" will produce a list of webpages that have a link to a specified webpage. For example: link:www.abovetopsecret.com... will create a Google list of websites with links to www.abovetopsecret.com...

phonebook:

The Google syntax "phonebook" searches for U.S. street addresses and phone number information. For Example: "phonebook:James+FL" will list down all names of person having "James" in their names and located in "Florida (FL)".

related:

The syntax related: lists web pages that are "similar" to a specific web page. For Example: related:www.abovetopsecret.com... will list web pages that are similar to that of abovetopsecret.com homepage.

site:

The syntax site: instructs Google to search for keywords in a particular site or domain. For example: exchange site:microsoft.com will search for the keywords "exchange" in those web pages in all the links of the domain microsoft.com.

I use this for finding insecure databases all the time . Remember to salt your md5's people

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's just amazing all the good stuff that comes up on google using advanced search methods....I surprise myself every day....its amazing what people will put into excel spreadsheets....lol

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
im gonna take a deep a breath gonna hold my head up gonna put my shoulders back and look you straight in the eye im gonna flirt with somebody when they walk by im gonna sing out sing out i believe i have inside of me everything that i need to live a bountiful life with all my love alive me i will stand as tall as the tallest tree and im thankful for everyday that im given both the easy and hard ones im livin but most of all im thankful for lovin who i really am im beautiful..... im beautiful....im gonna take a deep a breath gonna hold my head up gonna put my shoulders back and look you straight in the eye im gonna flirt with somebody when they walk by im gonna sing out sing out i believe i have inside of me everything that i need to live a bountiful life with all my love alive me i will stand as tall as the tallest tree and im thankful for everyday that im given both the easy and hard ones im livin but most of all im thankful for lovin who i really am im beautiful..... im beautiful....

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ShrimpLikers

And here I thought I was the only one!

OMG my soulmate! My life is complete!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
LOL what the hell? Who bumps a random 11 year old thread to talk about how much their family likes to eat shrimp??? WTF?

top topics

join