It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Station Modules Proposed by UK Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We may get an addition to the ISS.

Two habitation modules emblazoned with the United Kingdom's Union Jack could launch to the International Space Station (ISS) by 2011 under a new plan devised by British scientists and engineers.

The proposal — not yet official with the ISS partnership — would not only improve living conditions on board the space station, but would also allow the United Kingdom to join other nations that have a foothold in space.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.space.com...

So if this does happen and works, the ISS could possibly grow to the original size that was planned.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
the current government policy is not to engage in manned space exploration of any kind. I honestly cant see that changing and in my opinion $1billion could be better spent on non-manned space missions instead

[edit on 22-1-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have to agree with Yeti101 to an extent, i am quite into the idea of sending more probes out, i just wish they would send them to the more interesting parts of the solar system, Europa perhaps, or some other interesting parts of Mars. Manned spaceflight is extremely risky, in fact, i am pretty surprised man managed to make it to the moon in the 1960's with the technology they had!

join