It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Sees Caffeine Possibly Tied to Miscarriages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Study Sees Caffeine Possibly Tied to Miscarriages

www.nytimes.com

Too much caffeine during pregnancy may increase the risk of miscarriage, a new study says, and it suggests that pregnant women may want to reduce their intake or cut it out entirely.

Many obstetricians already advise women to limit caffeine, although the subject has long been contentious, with conflicting studies, fuzzy data and various recommendations given over the years.

The new study, to be published Monday in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, finds that pregnant women who consume 200 milligrams or more of caffeine a day — the amount in 10 ounces of coffee or 25 ounces of tea — may double their risk of miscarriage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My question is .
Did these mothers really think that doing drugs while pregnant would be safe or helpful in some way?
I know its legal but its just as if not more dangerous then marijuana. I just dont get how this is a new revelation .

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[ edit for clarification ]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I too don't understand how this is "new" information

I thought this was common logic for any woman with child.

sigh.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Next there gonna tell us smoking and alcohol are dangerous . What will we all do then ? Stop woman from smoking while there pregnant? No drinking ? And no coffee or mountain dew?
Well at least us fathers can still indulge. I mean someone gotta be doped up to deal with kids these days eh?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
People are just simply unaware of the fact that soda is bad for them. Well not only soda but anything with caffiene. They have been conditioned.

top topics

join