It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - weird obstruction oustide hangar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Can anyone have a look at this image of the Nevada test site:

...and let me know what they think the strange mess is outside the hangar-like building? This is from the google satellite image here:

Just seemed a little odd and out of place to me - a strange place to have any kind of obstruction, and this looks like a mess, rather than a structure or any kind of deliberately positioned object. Which made me wonder if someone has tampered with the image....with chewing gum, apparently.

Thoughts appreciated.

LW

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Interesting.. Maybe a type of camouflage or smoke?
I dunno.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Interesting.. Maybe a type of camouflage or smoke?
I dunno.

I agree the top section could be smoke, but the bottom section seems to have pronounced lines and a definite shape. If you look closely behind the grey substance, there is a grid-like marking below it, which is either shadow or something on the tarmac, I guess...

LW

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It looks more like a mess leftover from an accident. Perhaps what you are seeing are the remains of the fire-retardent foam used by airport emergency vehicles.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That makes more sense than snow/ice, which it looks a bit like.
I have to agree with the water/foam there. I don't think it's image tampering. Proper airbrushing/obvious cut-outs seem to be the style.

[edit on 22/1/08 by Nemiro]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

I think thats exactly what it is... the "foam" that is used during accidents.

I think there was a thread around here lats week about this too...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
yep i agree with Guppy, it looks like there has been some form of incident , i would say it is fire foam .

i have seen similar images taken at various airports around the world.

snoopyuk

elevatedone nice avatar ....caddyshack ??? lol

[edit on 22-1-2008 by snoopyuk]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
yep i agree with Guppy, it looks like there has been some form of incident , i would say it is fire foam .

i have seen similar images taken at various airports around the world.
snoopyuk

Fair enough - seems a reasonable explanation. Of course, it does make one wonder what it was that needed extinguishing - but I don't imagine we'll ever know that.

LW

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Guppy nailed it. Somebody had a little bonfire.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It looks like someone washed a plane to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
its fire retardent. FOAM residue. Possible aircraft fire?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
looks like a spill of some kind. reminds me of the stuff we used in the AF when fuel was spilled in the repair bays. it was soapy foamy.

six

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It is firefighting foam. Could have been training for a real incident. Some foams have a expiration date so they could have been using it for a exercise

[edit on 29-1-2008 by six]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It almost looks like that fine transparent material used for weather balloons. As far as the smoke is concerned, maybe its a new material that caught fire. Static charged balloon?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think fastwalker23 is right about it being a transparent material. but the grided area in front just looks strange. I don't really know what it is, but this picture just does'nt sit well with me.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Another possibilty to ponder on.

Could be a tarpaulin type sheet covering something so it cannot be seen from above.

If you look at it you can see a triangular type shadow below with its nose pointing towards the hangar which is similar to a black triangle type craft.

Also, if you look at the size of it in relation to the cars in the car park and the hangar itself, makes you realise that it is very big.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by lob (UK)]

[edit on 8/2/2008 by lob (UK)]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It looks like the grid on the run way is simply that ... a burnt section of run way. The burning process has brought out the 'sections' of concrete on the run way, giving it a grid like appearance. It also looks like the foam is blowing away ... but the one thing I don't get is where the debris is. You'd think the foam would be cleaned up with the debris. Unless it was an exercise, involving real fire on the run way.

UNLESS (and this thought just came to me, hence the edit), the runway is not burnt but simply wet. That would possibly give it the blackened appearance and bring out the grid section as well. And the foam is blowing away. If you look closely enough, it looks like a gust of wind took it, which is why it appears to be 'flowing'.

So I'm leaning towards an exercise with no real fire, and the foam is blowing away.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Aarthar]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It does look like someone has scratched away part of the photograph, but how when it is a satelite image?

Could also be a cover up of something behind it, but we will never know i guess...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by guppy

I think thats exactly what it is... the "foam" that is used during accidents.

I think there was a thread around here lats week about this too...

Well being that the base isn't even supposed to be used at the moment is very funny to what you guys are saying. I mean i agree with you but its just funny that "if" this is true we are saying that its a fact that Area 51 has fires lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
im going to have to go with the status quo here and think its a either been a fire or a spill

another idea i thought about was maybe an experimental engine that was being tested and then they got the warning about the satilite taking the photo so had to pack up quickly but also safley to prevent fire inside the hanger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join