It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do with $800?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
800$ worth of ammo....
one more line so my post has the appropriate amount of quality.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd put a payment down on a new (used) car.

I need some sort of transportation these days, despite my environmentalist leanings. I sure hope this $800 comes through!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It would go towards my highest interest rate debt. I want to get out of debt before China or similar buys the banks and calls the debts in.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If at all possible, spend what's left over after bills, with a local small business in your area to help keep the American middle class afloat.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
well if we did in deed get this 800 dollar incentive this summer it would be obvious that its hush money. cause for real though why would the president pardon himself of any war crimes and then give money to the American working people. because we are the labor to their debt so what better way to keep us working and give us a little incentive true corporate America at its best.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
$800.00 per taxpayer is an insult. This is just more transparent pandering to the true believers.

It is nothing but a stimulus to boost merchants. $800 is not nothing to sneeze at for about 70% of Americans, and the smart person would put it on a CC or put it in a savings account as liquid asset for an emergency, but those that should do this will not and they will go buy an IPhone and not be able to afford the plan. Sad isn’t it…

For me it really doesn’t matter for I’m in that upper middle class category and $800 doesn’t mean much for my lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
with 800 $ i would buy a xbox 360 and games

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by polanksi

This sounds scarily like the Futurama "300 Big Boys" episode where everyone gets a bribe- er- tax refund bonus- of 300 Tricky Dick fun bills aka a $300 note.

Whackiness ensues.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm giving my $800 to the fund to hunt down Osama Bin Laden. Where is that guy anyway???

That was a great futurama episode, Doghead. How many cups of coffee will $800 buy?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
DogHead I would not be surprised if our exalted unitary executive was watching cartoons when he had this great idea. Of course everyone around him was too afraid to actully say that the ideas was not particularly effective. But then our 'emperor' has no clothes and Homeland Securities job is to keep it that way.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by polanksi]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If we actually see the supposed tax rebate I will use to make repairs and upgrades around my house. It should pay for a couple of windows helping to reduce my heating/cooling costs.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately my use would be against the TOS to post about . But lets just say . I would invest it

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
I'm giving my $800 to the fund to hunt down Osama Bin Laden. Where is that guy anyway???

That was a great futurama episode, Doghead. How many cups of coffee will $800 buy?

I am guessing at 2009 Los Angeles prices- maybe six? Five and one half?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ammo and Halo3 to practice my shooting.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
When the Gubmint gives you eight hunderd dollahs, you is supposed ta invest it in sumtin valueable... like a whole passle o Lottery tickets!!!!

Or you could buy a plane ticket to a country that doesn't have such a stupid president. Either one works.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Damn, is it true that if you make over 75k you will not get anything? Just another buy the poor vote thingy put out by the Democrats. This is actually the best I seen them do from the days they would passed out $5 bills and load them up on buses to get their votes. Must be all that control they have in congress now.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join