It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
hey guys right after my last post here i went over to the weather channel website to check out the weather for tommorow for work and i saw they have a video about our little friend lol check it out here

www.weather.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here's a little quote from:

Space.com - Female Figure on Mars Just a Rock

According to astronomer Phil Plait of the Bad Astronomy Web site, if the image really is of a man on Mars, he's awfully small: "Talk about a tempest in a teacup!" Plait said. "The rock on Mars is actually just a few inches high and a few yards from the camera. A few million years of Martian winds sculpted it into an odd shape, which happens to look like, well, a Bigfoot! It's just our natural tendency to see familiar shapes in random objects."

[edit on 24/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sometimes it's not a rock. Sometimes it is a figure or artifact. As for size, who know, maybe on Mars the norm is for beings only inches tall, who knows. We can put our norms as the basis for life elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Beamish, you did exactly what I thought you would do belittle me as a crackpot. First of all you do not screw your hands together. You must also stretch the image when viewing the photo and you can figure the rest out yourself. Yes I know about stealth technology and how it works how about yourself? Can you see thru the stealths on Mars? Only if you pick up on the digital Martonian code.

The only reason I feel you would come at me full blast without trying any of these visual techniques I discribed is that you may be a disinformation agent. Believe me they are here on ATS denying it or not.

So Beamish if you see a tree on Earth your eye and brain memory in coordination recognize it as a tree. When you recognize a human being visually your brain has previously stored that information. As far as not seeing things on Mars that I see I am sorry, but keep trying please do not ever give up.

The term Martian has been told to you and has been used in many written books and text as you know. I was told to use Martonian not Martian because it is offensive. Who told me this you figure it out yourself. You have already branded me in your minds own imagination.

Show you the Mallard duck? You got to be kidding the way you tried to assassinate my character without knowing who you are conversing with I do not think so. When people are nice to me I give them something nice in return including honey.

As far as seeing anomolies on the Martonian grid from satellite photos try this. Here is a little homework for you. Take a superimposed named or logoed CD or DVD into a dark room using a flashlight, now shine the flashlight at an angle at the grooves facing the CD or DVD reflecting the light directly toward a white blank wall. What do you see? What does this mean? You will figure it out. Rik Riley

[edit on 24-1-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Hi Fromabove, the problem is most humans on Earth that are viewing photos from Mars are not looking for tiny Microtechs. Yes there are large lifeforms on Mars but there is a whole undiscovered world up there of tiny tiny lifeforms including humanoid Sandmaries. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

Hi Fromabove, the problem is most humans on Earth that are viewing photos from Mars are not looking for tiny Microtechs. Yes there are large lifeforms on Mars but there is a whole undiscovered world up there of tiny tiny lifeforms including humanoid Sandmaries. Rik Riley

This is true. In my research of the Mars images from the Rovers, I have seem what I believe are statues of various sizes, bones of different creatures, and giant structures as well. In legend, Mars is the god of war, perhaps races went there to settle their differences. BTW if you look in the background of the image of the creature posted first in this thread, you will see a huge pyramid in the distance between two hills.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I played around with the image on photoshop myself. While I find the object very interesting I have to say the thing on the ground is whats really catching my attention.

Just look at it

s256.photobucket.com...

it looks like a human its head has facial features and a hair line. I hate to say it but the statue thing and the other thing is probably just an illusion.

Note: I used

auto levels
auto contrast
auto color
sharpen
Brightness/contrast

In that order

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I just posted some additional evidence for life on MARS. Check this out (www.abovetopsecret.com...). Criticism welcomed.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

Ameneter, good work you are one of the few that can see in 3D I see your anomalies you have pointed out. Correct on seeing statues on Mars mostly humanoid but some hybrids and alien statues are on the surface. I have painted over seventy paintings of statues, structures and lifeforms on Mars that I have viewed from photographs. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Maybe it's an alien hood ornament! My Dad had something like that on his '68 Vega.

Really cool photo!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I think its just a rock with shadows making it look like a person. That being said i dont see why everyone says it looks like big foot i just dont see it. To me it looks like jesus.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It looks like Bigfoot to me, too! So Mars has their very own Bigfoot? No, really, the picture is very interesting! Up close, it looks look like a person. Hope we can get more pictures. I wish they would go to Cydonia, where the Face Of Mars is, and get close up pictures of those pyramids!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

LOL.. that image.. classic. can i use it on my site?????

anyone in aust know that TV commercial Canon pritner ad or something... the martians are printing out back drops to hold infront of the lander... i want it.. wish someone had it on youtube

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
bloody hell. have another drink (lo).. it was in my favourites on youtube.. IDIOT!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Someone said that it looked like Jesus! The glowy pictures of it do remind me of the pictures of Jesus in "The Sermon On The Mount". Look at the similarities:

www.lavistachurchofchrist.org...'%20Ministry%20Artwork/target13.html

news.sky.com...

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Blueangel7]

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Blueangel7]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sculder02

I know the pic i do believe it was a cartoon of Martians(little green men) holding up picture boards (back drops) of a rocky empty desolate landscape in front of the Rover while behind them was a fantastic Martian city with a quote from one of them i think "well that should keep them away" or something along those lines wow be a hard pic to find again but i remember that one

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sculder02

AAAAARR YOU found it jeez that is a good clip love it thanks for posting that. the one i saw was in the Sydney telegraph about 20 years or so ago now when one of the first rovers went

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by Beamish

Ok, I know this may go a little off-topic, but I suppose in my defense you are proclaiming you know what the "figure" actually is.

You said:

First of all you do not screw your hands together.

in regard to your ability in seeing these hidden "creatures". However, you did say this:

If possible veiw your monitor in a dark room and then take your hand cuping it like your viewing thru a tunnel up against your eye and make the opening the size of a pea.

Size of a pea? Isn't that making a loose fist, as I stated not "screwing your hands together?

You must also stretch the image when viewing the photo and you can figure the rest out yourself.

So you also deliberately distort the images? Does it not occur that doing that will alter the photo, and any simulacra, into something that, magically, could look like something else? And why do you have to stretch it in the first place? And as to the last part of that quote; no, I really don't want to figure the rest out, as I don't think there's anything, as far as your declarations are concerned, to figure out.

Yes I know about stealth technology and how it works how about yourself? Can you see thru the stealths on Mars? Only if you pick up on the digital Martonian code.

I have a loose understanding of stealth tech, ie. the "predator" type as opposed to the current tech that allows aircraft to fly in enemy radar with no more of a profile than a pigeon.
Or, a duck, maybe.
You state you "know" about this tech, and this infers that you have more knowledge than I do. Maybe you do, and as I'm always willing to learn, here's your chance; enlighten me as to how it works without using made up, new-age terminology. Just the science.

The only reason I feel you would come at me full blast without trying any of these visual techniques I discribed is that you may be a disinformation agent. Believe me they are here on ATS denying it or not.

Oh for goodness sake! Can't anyone question such sweeping, grandiose and not to mention fanciful statements as you've made without being branded a Government agent? People have opinions. You've got yours, I've got mine, and they obviously clash.

If you take the time to peruse my post history, you'll see that I have very strong beliefs regarding the existence of alien life, not only way out there in the Universe, but that they are also visiting our planet. To openly brand me a disinfo agent is a darn insult.

I've stood up for the existence of UFOs in the face of ignorance and ridicule all of my life. Being erudite, calm and rational about the subject has helped me enormously in putting across that the ETH, and the accompanying UFO phenomena, as being real and relevant. I hope in that time I have actually changed a few people's minds.

Your approach on the other hand is, frankly, ludicrous, and only helps to "alienate" the whole field. Your approach to this subject, and this thread in particular, which, may I remind you, was broken to the world by ATS, could well be misconstrued as disinfo, too.

We recieved a million hits yesterday, and goodness knows how many read posts such as yours only to go away with a bad taste in their mouths and their preconcieved ideas about all of those being involved in the study of ETH/UFOs being crackpots. Your phrase, BTW, not mine.

As far as not seeing things on Mars that I see I am sorry, but keep trying please do not ever give up.

I have seen several strange, possibly anomalous objects on the Martian surface. Along with Mikesingh's tireless work on ATS, this site in particular:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

proposes that Mars is, contrary to popular opinion, replete with life. J Skipper, the researcher who owns the site, has done sterling work to further that theory, and while sometimes his findings are tenuous, the remainder of his work is incredibly persuasive. I feel that he may well be justified in his pursuits in the near future.

The likelyhood of anyone finding ducks on Mars, however, will not be verified no matter how long you wait.

I was told to use Martonian not Martian because it is offensive. Who told me this you figure it out yourself. You have already branded me in your minds own imagination.

Ok, here we go. You do realise that you've just insinuated that you have insider knowledge, don't you?

So "Martian" is offensive?
Has a "Martonian" told you so?
A Nasa employee who's in the know regarding "Martonian" etiquette? And I don't want to figure it out, the onus is not on me, it's on you to back up this amazing insinuation.

Show you the Mallard duck? You got to be kidding the way you tried to assassinate my character without knowing who you are conversing with I do not think so. When people are nice to me I give them something nice in return including honey.

I did not try to assasinate your character. I simply pointed out that you were making bizarre claims without supplying any proof! And as to "knowing who" I am "conversing with"; veiled threat aside, once again I ask you to enlighten me, see if I can be impressed as easily as those who you dole "honey" out to.
I have a pretty good idea what you are; who you are on the other hand, I doubt will impress.

This thread has recieved several inteligent replies, which is to be expected on this forum, and we may well have, once again, solved at least one small riddle about Mars.
There is so much about that planet that inspires insightful enquiry, not just from ATS, but all around our world. One day soon, by means of disclosure or blatant, undeniable evidence, we will know the truth, whatever that truth may be.

rikriley, I feel that that day will not be a happy one for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
....... if earth is perfect.. for life. no larger or gravity and gases(Carbon dioxide) would be too heavy.. and smaller our core wouldnt have enough magnetic energy field and we would not exsist or die from solor flares.. then..... Mars, would it, being smaller..BUT further away from the sun.. be perfect too (well was once?) or is it too small to deflect solor flares/radiation... ??

I BELIEVE THERE WAS OR IS LIFE ON MARS BTW! I'M A DORK!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My very first thought was that it looked like a Tusken Raider from Star Wars A New Hope, all he/she needed was a Gaffi stick. Other then that I really am kind of on the fence on this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join