It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Where is it going in such a hurry?

Seriously, its a trick on the eyes.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe Martian Blow up doll?
Someone left it behind ?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Take a second pic 1 day later maybe?
Wouldnt that solve this issue?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hmmm... Interesting!! OK, here's another guy nearby. Looks like he's waving out to someone! Heck! This place seems to be crawling with them Martians!!

Cheers!

[edit on 22-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If you look closely down right on the Picture, there is possibly
another Alien(men)visible, lying on his belly and is doing something
in my opinion.

www.picupload.net...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This "figure" was discussed in another thread already.

There are three of them, and they are near each other, just look and you find them.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

Gd find, and those pictures look great. More research needed i think. Time to look around abit.

Fox

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I thought I read a theory one time by someone who thought Big Foot was actually from Mars...Anyone know if I'm making this up or has anyone heard anything similar.

Anyways...I doubt this is an actual martian. Do I think there is life on Mars as well as other planets and moons in our solar system? Yes. I also think the government has known about life on other planets and moons for quite sometimes.

I don't really know what to make of this. Perhaps some sort of disclosure...People have been talk about the power that be staging a false flag alien invasion. Could this be preparations?

Maybe theres a mining operation in this area and these miners were informed that they would need to leave the area for pictures..Perhaps a few didn't make it out of the shot.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You know this isn't very logical.

Life on mars posing for photographs?

COME ON!!!

Using logical reasoning it is easy to come to the conclusion that this is either an ambiguous looking rock, or a statue of a form.

I like the statue idea because it still allows for the idea of a past civilization.

I can get over how human looking the form is though.....

Probably not alive but a representation of what it looked like alive.

IMHO.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why wasn't the rover sent in closer for further investigations? Was it an issue with the length it took to recieve the photographs? The rover was probably already long gone from the spot where this was taken when the photographs were recieved...right?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Forgive me but this was too funny.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So why hasn't anyone come out and said that this is proof that the Mars pictures are fake and they take them in a studio just like the Moon landings?

Still the pictures are interesting. Definitely worth looking into.

Or it could just be one of these guys...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, cool pics. If they do decide to come down here from Mars, I hope they bring plenty of cardon dioxide filled helmets, which is 95% of their atmosphere with only trace amts. of oxygen. Breathing for them would definitely be an issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
So why hasn't anyone come out and said that this is proof that the Mars pictures are fake and they take them in a studio just like the Moon landings?

Still the pictures are interesting. Definitely worth looking into.

Or it could just be one of these guys...

i was thinkin the same thing. was there ever information publicly released about why NASA jacked the tint of the marshian atmosphere and ground to make it appear more "red"

i am not so sure why this was done in the first place, my only guess is that NASA wants the public idea that life couldn't have existed in these harsh conditions. anyone remember the Cosmos with Carl Sagan where he likened mars' terrain to arizona, like these pictures.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am willing to bet there are a few NASA employees sitting here right now watching this discussion and laughing their asses off.

I think if we really wanted to get any useful info out of NASA, that we would have to amass a few thousand people to go there and beat it out of them.

When you go to the NASA website to look at pictures, you are basically picking through their dumpster full of refuse.

I highly doubt there is anything useful that the public will get their hands on anytime soon, and if so, it will be when it no longer matters.

Of course, that is simply a matter of opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wow!

If I didn't know better, I'd think that was a grignak.

I didn't know those really exsisted.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i've got an open mind on most things regarding life outside of our little planet,IMO it could be either..

A rock looking like a human from natural causes
or
An actual picture of an alien being that the lazy NASA guys just didn't see.
maybe they are just not bothering to search the pics from the rovers these days as much as they used to,alot of strange things are slowly coming out from pics from other planets lately.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Like others have said, we need the scale of the object in question. We need to determine a size. It doesn't appear to be very far away from the rover, yet it is very small. I would put my money on it not being any where near human type size.

Also, I don't see how any one determines how or where it's moving from a still image. This isn't a video, it's a picture. It's hard to determine direction and movement from a still image, especially something on another planet, and something that could very well be part of the surrounding rock formations.

Humans typically try and create a recognizable figure, something they know about, out of the unknown. The mind will use twists, shapes, shadows, light and the surrounding environment and horizon to create anything that is even remotely close to something it's seen before and can identify. Of course, it's only humans looking at this picture, so it will kind of be hard to accurately depict what is in this photo, unless the rover goes right up to it and takes a picture.

Besides, if this photo contained anything worthy of discussion on the topic of life on Mars, we wouldn't be looking at it. If you all think NASA is that incompetent, then they clearly fooled you.

The pictures that actually show something important are the pictures we haven't seen yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well I have come to the conclusion that there really are
spooks (government agents) on this forum.

It happens in quite a few threads including this one. Their sole
purpose is to discredit any findings which may be of significance
to the cause of disclosure.

Does anybody else see this or am I alone in my own
lil dream world ???

Commence "Operation Non-Sense"

UFO videos get posted, they are discredited

Rods get posted, they are discredited

Aliens get posted, they are discredited

humanoids get posted, they are discredited

beings on Mars get posted, they are discredited

see any conspiracy going on here ???
or am I just blind, deaf and dumb ???

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
while I do think it is "possible" that a rock formation
on Mars could look like a humanoid to us humans.

But the odds of 3 of them in one photo would be about
1 zillion to 1 in my opinion. All 3 rock formations have
the same basic shape.

My conclusion is:

There is life on mars or
the photos are fake

take your choice

even if they are only 18 inches tall, don't judge all
life in space based upon our size and shape as that
would be a critical error in judgment.

My next question would be to NASA:

did the objects in question approach the rover to
investigate us or did they run into a cave in horror
thinking aliens have landed? WHAT HAPPENED NEXT ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join