It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wow... this picture is now shows in lot of news channel and big newspapers
we at ATS are used to these type of anamolies...

first I refused it thinking that it is very small and may be a rock... but mainstream media is taking it seriously... huh do they want to disclose more?? after texas UFO nows its life on Mars...everywhere in news

is this a good sign from mainstream media????

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Other then that I really am kind of on the fence on this one.

Don't feel alone about straddling the fence. I've been riding the fence so long and hard that I may have to have a sex change operation.

It is interesting that so many MSM sources are running with this. Maybe it's just a passing whim on their part. Or maybe they're fighting for a share of the CT community.

All of us that have sent off emails giving them grief for not reporting on such things ought to send some congrats to them for running with the ball now. It might encourage them to keep it up.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Unless we know the exact resolution & scale of that image, it is useless.
To me, the "item" looks incredibly small.
BUT - unless we know details on the image, it is impossible to tell anything.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by Beamish

Ok, I know this may go a little off-topic, but I suppose in my defense you are proclaiming you know what the "figure" actually is.

You said:

First of all you do not screw your hands together.

in regard to your ability in seeing these hidden "creatures". However, you did say this:

If possible veiw your monitor in a dark room and then take your hand cuping it like your viewing thru a tunnel up against your eye and make the opening the size of a pea.

Size of a pea? Isn't that making a loose fist, as I stated not "screwing your hands together?

You must also stretch the image when viewing the photo and you can figure the rest out yourself.

So you also deliberately distort the images? Does it not occur that doing that will alter the photo, and any simulacra, into something that, magically, could look like something else? And why do you have to stretch it in the first place? And as to the last part of that quote; no, I really don't want to figure the rest out, as I don't think there's anything, as far as your declarations are concerned, to figure out.

Yes I know about stealth technology and how it works how about yourself? Can you see thru the stealths on Mars? Only if you pick up on the digital Martonian code.

I have a loose understanding of stealth tech, ie. the "predator" type as opposed to the current tech that allows aircraft to fly in enemy radar with no more of a profile than a pigeon.
Or, a duck, maybe.
You state you "know" about this tech, and this infers that you have more knowledge than I do. Maybe you do, and as I'm always willing to learn, here's your chance; enlighten me as to how it works without using made up, new-age terminology. Just the science.

The only reason I feel you would come at me full blast without trying any of these visual techniques I discribed is that you may be a disinformation agent. Believe me they are here on ATS denying it or not.

Oh for goodness sake! Can't anyone question such sweeping, grandiose and not to mention fanciful statements as you've made without being branded a Government agent? People have opinions. You've got yours, I've got mine, and they obviously clash.

If you take the time to peruse my post history, you'll see that I have very strong beliefs regarding the existence of alien life, not only way out there in the Universe, but that they are also visiting our planet. To openly brand me a disinfo agent is a darn insult.

I've stood up for the existence of UFOs in the face of ignorance and ridicule all of my life. Being erudite, calm and rational about the subject has helped me enormously in putting across that the ETH, and the accompanying UFO phenomena, as being real and relevant. I hope in that time I have actually changed a few people's minds.

Your approach on the other hand is, frankly, ludicrous, and only helps to "alienate" the whole field. Your approach to this subject, and this thread in particular, which, may I remind you, was broken to the world by ATS, could well be misconstrued as disinfo, too.

We recieved a million hits yesterday, and goodness knows how many read posts such as yours only to go away with a bad taste in their mouths and their preconcieved ideas about all of those being involved in the study of ETH/UFOs being crackpots. Your phrase, BTW, not mine.

As far as not seeing things on Mars that I see I am sorry, but keep trying please do not ever give up.

I have seen several strange, possibly anomalous objects on the Martian surface. Along with Mikesingh's tireless work on ATS, this site in particular:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

proposes that Mars is, contrary to popular opinion, replete with life. J Skipper, the researcher who owns the site, has done sterling work to further that theory, and while sometimes his findings are tenuous, the remainder of his work is incredibly persuasive. I feel that he may well be justified in his pursuits in the near future.

The likelyhood of anyone finding ducks on Mars, however, will not be verified no matter how long you wait.

I was told to use Martonian not Martian because it is offensive. Who told me this you figure it out yourself. You have already branded me in your minds own imagination.

Ok, here we go. You do realise that you've just insinuated that you have insider knowledge, don't you?

So "Martian" is offensive?
Has a "Martonian" told you so?
A Nasa employee who's in the know regarding "Martonian" etiquette? And I don't want to figure it out, the onus is not on me, it's on you to back up this amazing insinuation.

Show you the Mallard duck? You got to be kidding the way you tried to assassinate my character without knowing who you are conversing with I do not think so. When people are nice to me I give them something nice in return including honey.

I did not try to assasinate your character. I simply pointed out that you were making bizarre claims without supplying any proof! And as to "knowing who" I am "conversing with"; veiled threat aside, once again I ask you to enlighten me, see if I can be impressed as easily as those who you dole "honey" out to.
I have a pretty good idea what you are; who you are on the other hand, I doubt will impress.

This thread has recieved several inteligent replies, which is to be expected on this forum, and we may well have, once again, solved at least one small riddle about Mars.
There is so much about that planet that inspires insightful enquiry, not just from ATS, but all around our world. One day soon, by means of disclosure or blatant, undeniable evidence, we will know the truth, whatever that truth may be.

rikriley, I feel that that day will not be a happy one for you.

Beamish, your feelings are wrong when it comes to me, my day has already come as far as disclosure and a very happy and exciting day it was indeed.

You got it right a loose fist looking thru the tunnel of your hand to view tiny anomalies. The distortion or stretching of a particular Mars photo is only temporary and not a permanent distortion as you so have thought. It only aids in seeing anomalies for myself and maybe not for you.

I spell intelligent with 2 Ls I see you spell it with 1 L is there a reason?

Mikesingh holds his own and I respect his great efforts and hard work in supplying us on ATS these incredible photos and anomalies from Mars.
Beamish, there is no veiled threat only in your imagination.

Adding insult to injury you are saying my approach is ludicrous. Each individual has there own strengths, capabilities and techniques when viewing photos from Mars and you have yours. I am sorry I do not comply with your standards.

As far as ducks on Mars you come with a closed mind. This explains to me if I show you the photo of the duck you would not believe it anyway.

Please explain or clarify the 1 million hits yesterday. Does this mean your sight or the ATS sight had 1 million hits in one day or an accumaltion of hits in a month. If this is ATS congratulations on the accomplishment. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I'm runningout of steam.

In fact, I can't be bothered arguing with you anymore, rikriley, but please dont take that as a victory. If we continue this pointless, off-topic conversation, the whole darn thread is going to crash and burn. Considering that ATS broke the subject of the Martian "figure" to the world, that would be a shame.

I will, however, leave with a parting shot:

Reading your previous threads from the past 18 months, you have continuously expounded unproven claims.

You have stated that you are active in a field of science (part owner in a nano-tech company), and therefore should be familiar with all manner of computer programmes, not to mention be in contact with other experts in complimentary fields.
Capturing these "Sandmaries" on a hard-copy format should, therefore, be quite easy for you, should it not?

But, no. No photos because "the time is not right", or, you "don't have permission" to release them. You state that the description Martian is considered offensive; this would indicate that it is breaching an etiquette, is racist even.
You insist on the description "Martonian" instead.
Who told you this was the correct terminology?

You stated:

my day has already come as far as disclosure and a very happy and exciting day it was indeed.

Is this to do with the "Martonians" too? If you have experienced personal, undeniable disclosure why are you keeping the details secret? You must know how delicate a subject that is, how much emotion it stirs up on these boards.
Yet, it's happened for you, and still you keep it to yourself.
Who gave you that right?

I'm done.

I'm done with posters who self promote but have no content. This thread has content, the subject matter has stirred up lively debate, gained media attention, and helped us get a little closer to solving the riddle of those Red sands.

Attention seekers such as yourself, Mr riley, ruin good, inteligent conversation.

And by they way:

I spell intelligent with 2 Ls I see you spell it with 1 L is there a reason?

yes, yes there is, but I can't tell you what it is yet as the time is not yet right.

(Mods, I'll take a warn for side-tracking if you deem it neccesary, but I hope you'll understand and take into account the reasoning behind my replies).

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Sorry Beamish, that you are running out of steam and feel the way you do but time has a way of healing. Do not feel bad about the thread we can agree to disagree on matters and the thread will continue with great interest about life on Mars.

I developed and designed two matching stuffed bears 7 years ago called Solar Beamies one was called El Nino and the other La Nina. There were 2500 limited addition bears and I completely sold out.

It won't be long and I will release some of the Mars photos I have accumalated. There is a time and place for everything. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enceladus
I will add one of those images here

Check this out; I am pretty sure we got something precious here

Fake.

If it really was an extraterrestrial, NASA would never have released the photos in the first place.

But the Rabbit Hole goes much deeper. This picture, the opening of UFO files in various countries, the increasing rate of UFO sightings - it's all a part of the extraterrestrial propaganda. It's all a part of a plan.

They are preparing you. For the so-called "first" official contact. So humans will get used to the idea when the extraterrestrials "arrive".

Mulder: They're here, aren't they?

Deep throat: Mr. Mulder, they've been here for a long long time.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

i cant believe no one else has noticed the small creature that the alien has on a leash out ahead of him or her...or it...... that is why the arm is extended .. just like a dog pulling on the masters leash.. amazing..

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
actually there was a picture from 3 days before and the object in
question was in the exact same position.. so it is stationary...

I cant wait till ppl find another pick from the area to compare...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As Lasthope states, yes we are on Mars and have been for some time now, just like we have been on the Moon and have visited other worlds. But the big deal about that is, if called out on the carpet by others it will be harder to prove such statements.

So it would seem that the next move is to check out Montauk websites and familarize with Al Bielek and cohorts. I have had the honor of having dinner and speaking with Al on a few occassions in the past. The man knows his stuff dispite those that have worked on discrediting him. So I can say I have on many times looked him straight in the eyes and he does not display the charactorists of a person who is lying. I have even witnessed his eyes when he was under some sort of control by his handlers where his eyes pupils were very wide open and he would not directly look people himself.

As part of his shared information he speaks of himself and Duncan Cameron traveling to Mars via the time tunnel at Mantuak. Lots of things have transpired since then. And he has lots to say about the Moon bases that also relates and adds to others statements.

Some may say this is all hog wash and I would say everyone is entitled to their opinions. But in today's day and age, out side of the box thinking is where your going to find truthful answers. So Lasthope, you are right about bring up the thoughts of the secret projects. More needs to be said about them if more daylight is going to come to the surface that can bring about change.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As Lasthope states, yes we are on Mars and have been for some time now, just like we have been on the Moon and have visited other worlds. But the big deal about that is, if called out on the carpet by others it will be harder to prove such statements.

So it would seem that the next move is to check out Montauk websites and familarize with Al Bielek and cohorts. I have had the honor of having dinner and speaking with Al on a few occassions in the past. The man knows his stuff dispite those that have worked on discrediting him. So I can say I have on many times looked him straight in the eyes and he does not display the charactorists of a person who is lying. I have even witnessed his eyes when he was under some sort of control by his handlers where his eyes pupils were very wide open and he would not directly look people himself.

As part of his shared information he speaks of himself and Duncan Cameron traveling to Mars via the time tunnel at Mantuak. Lots of things have transpired since then. And he has lots to say about the Moon bases that also relates and adds to others statements.

Some may say this is all hog wash and I would say everyone is entitled to their opinions. But in today's day and age, out side of the box thinking is where your going to find truthful answers. So Lasthope, you are right about bring up the thoughts of the secret projects. More needs to be said about them if more daylight is going to come to the surface that can bring about change.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I found this picture on Yahoo's main page, and then came here to the good ole ATS group, because I figured you guys were already on it, and this place is a great source of info.. Interesting that this was discussed here a while back. Makes sense that a reporter found the thread here, and made himself a little money exploiting your work. Maybe the only reason this is available to the public is because someone here found something that NASA missed. Seems likely enough.

The big debate seems to be that this is a rock, or some humanoid looking creature. With an appendage like arm sticking out, it seems highly unlikely that it could be one rock. How would a rock naturally form such an appendage. I am not a geologist, but educated somewhat in that area, and the only way would be hard rock forming with soft rock, where the appendages form in the layer of soft rock, and then after time erosion removes the soft rock, and thus the hard rock appendage is revealed. If that were the case in this situation, then there should be many more examples of this type of appendage in the area, and I looked on the NASA photo, and could not find any other similar formations, which means that it is extremely unlikely that this is a singe rock formation.

The next possible reasonable explanation is that it is a combination of shadows and rocks from the background that create this illusion in the two dimensional photo. I look at all the other shadows in the background, and I can see the rocks creating the shadows quite clearly, with the head and the arm, I do not see a rock casting a shadow. The head is significantly darker than the other rock shadows, the only way I can see this as a rock casting a shadow is if there is a hole in a larger rock, and once again, I do not see the rock around the head that could have such a hole. The arm appears to me to be part of the same figure, and not the shadow of a rock in the background, as I see no rock that would be casting the shadow. From the angle of the shadows, it appears that the head should be casting a shadow from a position on top of the body, and that the arm extends beyond the figure so that it would appear lighter due to the direct sunlight. The light reflection on the arm also appears to be consistent with what appears to be a shoulder. In addition there also appears to be a leg and all the reflections of the sunlight and shadows appear to be consistent with one structure, not a combination of shadows from different structures. I do not see several shadows combined here, I see one figure with the light and shadows consistent with one figure.

As far as size goes, the photo is of a panoramic view of what appears to be a valley with the sky in the background, and the level of detail and large number of objects in the photo indicates to me that the photo extends over a large area, not a small area close to the rover. My guess is that the figure in question is more likely a hundred feet from the rover or more, and that the size of the figure could be anywhere from 18 inches high, or half a meter, to as much as five feet in height or 1.5 meters, and considering that the figure appears to be straddling a rock, would put the size of the figure somewhere between a chimpanzee and a man. The rest of the figures look like shadows cast by rocks to me. The one figure close to the main character in question does almost seem like some other creature, in the shadow of a rock, although the shadow seems to be on the wrong side of the rock.

I would not say this is conclusive proof of some human like creature on Mars, but it sure looks like a human like creature on Mars. If this were a picture of the Sahara desert, for example, I think most people would assume it is a man or an ape.

Are there other photos of this area from a different time? I would like to see such photos. I'll bet considering the media attention this is getting that people from the media and possibly NASA are looking.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
Wow... this picture is now shows in lot of news channel and big newspapers
we at ATS are used to these type of anamolies...

is this a good sign from mainstream media????

It means that aside from Heath Ledger dying, Valentine's Day quizzes, and the politicians droning on and on, it's been a pretty slow news week. Next week it could be a dog that plays Mozart.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh yeah, aside from what may be the most critically contested presidential primary in decades, the extremely mysterious death of what may be the most talented young actor in decades, a near stock meltdown that was saved by a historical, large fed rate cut, yeah it's been a slow week. Britney hasn't melted down all week, were dying here for a good news story.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pick up the artifact and bring it back to Earth.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Its appears apelike. Just what we need. I am hoping to find something advanced- not a sleestack banging rocks wondering around an arid desert.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I did not read through entire thread so if this has been posted already please forgive but check out the original link. Mars has a pretty blue sky.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Though it's highly feasible that this is a rock formation, and at the very least a very tiny organism given the size of the Mars Rover... it seems odd that the effects of erosion on the rock structure would leave a stone appendage like the one that makes up the "arm". It took sculptors thousands of years to produce such an effect without some sort of support, which is why early sculptures always had the subject resting an arm on a spear or a tree stump etc. If it was so difficult for such an effect to be purposely created, I find it that much more difficult to believe that an appendage such as that could be naturally formed without breaking off. In my opinion this merits a closer look.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi. I work at NASA. I have accidentally encountered a photo that is THE SMOKING GUN that will definitely prove that we are not alone in the universe.

I would probably lose my job for this. I am sorry for making fun of you believers. This is truly an eye opener.

I am now a believer. ALIENS DO EXIST!!!!!

The smoking gun evidence

[edit on 26-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
Well I have come to the conclusion that there really are
spooks (government agents) on this forum.

You jus' figgered this out?

O-K, now separate the good uns from the bad uns.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join